Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.

Sassy Kenin

Just now, Nalates Urriah said:

Peeve: Talking on and on about there being nothing to talk about.

I like it!

Peeve discussion metaphor:

Scenario: Trainwreck, bystanders stand by and discuss trainwreck

Police: Nothing to see here, move along * threatening the crowd with club *

Bystanders: Stand by and discuss Police actions and attitudes

Police: I SAID MOVE ALONG! * waves club menacingly *

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

More of an amusement rather than a peeve but I just read this in a profile...

"RL life Dom and RL Gorean or as close we can get in this life"

🤣

In other words...

bodyswap.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

More of an amusement rather than a peeve but I just read this in a profile...

"RL life Dom and RL Gorean or as close we can get in this life"

🤣

That actually reminds me of the time I was exploring a sim and noticed a guy had walked in. I checked out his profile and saw he was an RL Master with tons of RL experience and had "recently enjoyed some Domme breaking". And if you wanted the honour of submitting to him, you'd have to message him first because he was armpit-deep in naked, willing subs already.

I ignored him, obviously, and carried on looking around, but after a while I became aware that he was following me and kept standing rather close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

That actually reminds me of the time I was exploring a sim and noticed a guy had walked in. I checked out his profile and saw he was an RL Master with tons of RL experience and had "recently enjoyed some Domme breaking". And if you wanted the honour of submitting to him, you'd have to message him first because he was armpit-deep in naked, willing subs already.

I ignored him, obviously, and carried on looking around, but after a while I became aware that he was following me and kept standing rather close.

I always hope those types decide to IM me.  It's always good for a chuckle or two.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I know some legit, good doms who joke about some of this stuff on their profiles. You can generally tell "joking" by context, but they tell me it separates "wheat from chaff." I get it. But ... um ... "domme breaking"? I'd want to see a whole lotta comical context. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Chaucer is Middle English. Old English is something like Beowulf or The Dream of the Rood. It's very different. It helps enormously if you've learned Latin.

Peeve: I never learned Latin.

If you know a bit of early Dutch it makes reading Old English easier too. These two languages had more in common than now a days, even though English still isn't that hard to learn for most Dutch people.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I know some legit, good doms who joke about some of this stuff on their profiles. You can generally tell "joking" by context, but they tell me it separates "wheat from chaff." I get it. But ... um ... "domme breaking"? I'd want to see a whole lotta comical context. :)

The funniest thing about this guy was his head-to-height ratio. I don't think he'd ever seen a human being.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I wonder what the forums would look like if the 20 most prolific posters took 3 days off.  

Peeve:  I have no imagination to work with, so I can't picture this.  This is a lifetime peeve.

In the past 12 hours, there have been a total of 74 new posts on the entire General Discussion forum.

11 of those were by me. Between 25 and 30, so far as I can see, were by Love.

A little under two thirds of all the posts here were on this thread.

This place is dying.

• Sad 6

How interesting is it to see the grass on Wimbledon grow?
How interesting is it to hang around on forums that are practically silenced?

Peeve: If you cut away the heart, the patient will inevitably die.

It will affect the other forum sections too, because lack of readability.

The comics, human interest and gossip pages are important parts of every single newspaper too. It is the same principle.
No newspaper can afford it to skip those pages.

But: their forums, their rules, their loss, if they find the forums dead one day.
But I guess they don't care for even as much as 1 L$.

🙈🙉🙊

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

How interesting is it to see the grass on Wimbledon growing?
How interesting is it to hang around on forums that are practically silenced?

Peeve: If you cut away the heart, the patient will inevitably die.

It will affect the other sections too, because lack of readability.

The comics, human interest and gossip pages are important parts of every single newspaper too. It is the same principle.
No newspaper can afford it to skip those pages.

But: their forums, their rules, their loss, if they find the forums useful.
But I guess they don't.

🙈🙉🙊

Is not Haiku..is not Iambic Pentameter..

Is Free Verse?

4 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Chaucer is Middle English. Old English is something like Beowulf or The Dream of the Rood. It's very different. It helps enormously if you've learned Latin.

Peeve: I never learned Latin.

I love it when I say something dumb, but learn from it!

Thanks!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

No, peeved at the action. All forms of adulting. Totally overrated.

All of a sudden I think maybe it means something in SL that I don't know about. I thought it meant (in RL) the less than fun parts of being an adult like having a job, having a mortgage, paying taxes. Adulting meaning having to act like a grownup and thus having less fun. But...could I be wrong?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In the past 12 hours, there have been a total of 74 new posts on the entire General Discussion forum.

This place is dying.

Well, now I can't take days off because it would look like you're right!

Anyway, rather than saying "You're wrong", as some people tend to argue, let's just see how many individuals agree with you.

It seems to me at least, you have repeated this sentiment many times over. 

I'm not sure why, but that's your business.

Peeve: Replying to a post but knowing better.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

40% of all posts made in 12 hours were made by one person.

Wow

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This place is dying.

I had an alt to monitor when had to log in recently. Then it opened up. And yes. This part went away, in a sense, and nothing of value was lost in terms of SL. Make a group in World etc. Its what SL is for.  The usual suspects etc there are other forum places to be out of touch in.

But peeve - Win 10 quit adding stuff.

Pet peeve -  I bothered to log in to the forum despite my best efforts

PP 2 - who is in charge of the forums anyway?

• Thanks 1

This place is dying.

Okay okay, if we only lost the top 5 forum posters, I wonder what the forums would be like. I may have overestimated the number of prolific posters 🤔 

I am glad we have at least a few people willing to try to keep conversation going even with the new rules.  Does that belong in the Grateful/Thankful thread?

Peeve:  Not being sure which post belongs where.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Okay okay, if we only lost the top 5 forum posters, I wonder what the forums would be like. I may have overestimated the number of prolific posters 🤔 

Kinda makes you wonder how important the forums are in the grand scheme of things.  I mean, compared to SL itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Kinda makes you wonder how important the forums are in the grand scheme of things.  I mean, compared to SL itself.

Well, they're not, of course, in the grand scheme of things. Which is why I imagine LL feels it can safely hobble them.

They're not as important to me as in-world either. But that doesn't mean that they aren't important.

I haven't counted (and am not going to bother doing so), but I'd estimate that about a third or more of the active friends on my in-world list were made here. And that would include most of my closest friends, such as Maddy, and the six women I chat with regularly on Discord. (Maddy herself claims that almost her entire list of friends came from here.)

ETA: And the friends I've made here with whom I don't necessarily interact in-world are important in their own right too, of course.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

LL wants this forums to be a free customer care and service place.
Where we as posters do the footwork.

"ZOMG I can't find the buy Linden dollars button in my viewer"
"How do I get that wooden cube from my head?"
"Why can't I TP into Zindra?"
"When are these SL presidential elections".
"I saw a couple do the boom boom in a bed store, should I AR?"
"My hair and shoe are up my a.. after a TP, is that normal?"
"Where did my boat go after a sim crossing, where did it go?"

That kind off stuff.
Yeah, right, not in a million years if GD dies.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3