Jump to content

Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.


Recommended Posts

Β  Β Pet peeve .. When you've made a lasagne, that was so tasty, so rich and decadent, and lived off of that an entire weekend .. And then you're out of lasagne.Β :|

   .. Also when after a weekend of living on lasagne, you step onto the scales on Monday morning. Maybe it's a good thing it's all gone. ¬¬

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today's peeve ... Groups for some of the larger mesh bodies/heads being used for advertising random junk people make for them. I'm in those groups because I want to be notified in case there's a new v

I would have had to..

Adults operating preteen avatars seem to forget that kids are capable of speaking normally. Not bababababa dadadadada ahgagaga, switching out every other letter with 'w' nonsense.Β  Do they not remembe

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Β  Β Pet peeve .. When you've made a lasagne, that was so tasty, so rich and decadent, and lived off of that an entire weekend .. And then you're out of lasagne.Β :|

   .. Also when after a weekend of living on lasagne, you step onto the scales on Monday morning. Maybe it's a good thing it's all gone. ¬¬

Β 

I call Lasagne, Italian a la Saggy Knees. That's why when I make it from scratch, I only make enough for 4 servings. I eat one, he eats the other three. 🀭

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I call Lasagne, Italian a la Saggy Knees. That's why when I make it from scratch, I only make enough for 4 servings. I eat one, he eats the other three. 🀭

Β  Β I made mine from scratch too - though I didn't make the pasta from scratch. Making a Bolognese is easy, it just takes a bit of time (although whether my meat sauce can be called a Bolognese anymore is questionable, I've changed up the recipe a lot .. It's still a tomato sauce with meat in it, so, meh - meat ragu?). Mornay sauce is also super easy, I never heard of it being sold ready made even. It's one of the first things you're taught in cooking class in school here!

Β  Β The hardest part about making lasagne is to let it cool a bit when it comes out of the oven so you don't burn your mouth out .. That bit I may have failed a bit with ..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we all agree that words have meaning and in the interests of everyone's sanity, no one gets to redefine words rather than admit they might, maybe, possibly have been wrong or mistaken.

Β 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Β  Β So I was skimming around YouTube and found a video essay on Dutch Angles in film. One of the top comments made me smirk.

9c88f95fedb260e9648d731d0123c313.png

Β  Β So it's not just me, and it's not just SL - woo!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I now feel inclined to use Dutch angles everywhere.

tenor.gif?itemid=5685269

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still annoyed by being asked to get changed in clubs where there are no more than ten avis and often less.

I just leave and don't go back.Β 

And I'm always covered where it matters.Β 

Then these owners wonder why nobody goes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are going to post an image at least learn how to insert it correctly so that others can actually seeΒ  the image or at least click the messed up link and open it in another tab. If you can't get oneΒ  image to work choose another one. With the millions of images available online there is no excuse other than pure laziness.Β 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 6:30 AM, Orwar said:

Β  Β Today's pet peeve: Fatpack exclusives.

Β  Β You put up an advert with a really pretty pattern on a dress, and the dress is coming out at a popular event after a few days. I've been wanting this dress for three days, and finally get into the event only to find that the pretty pattern is an FP exclusive. I can get it in plain white, or some boring patterns.

Β  Β I want one colour. I could see myself maybe using two of them. But not for the price of 3 dresses.

Β  Β In this case it's even 9 colours in the FP, and only 4 of them are sold as single packs.

Β  Β Yes, a creator is free to do whatever they want - but that's just going to get me to unfollow them on Flickr and avoid their brand in the future.Β 


Exactly right. Customers have a lot more power than they think and they'reΒ entitled to warn their friends, ignore, unfollow,Β stomp their feet and otherwise have a general hissy fit. Also, what you describe - ifΒ I'm not mistaken -Β seems to be a new 'scammy' trend with many creators (who have already shot their prices up recently) and when I see oneΒ using it - no matter how much I may have loved their stuff in the past -Β I add their name to my 'friends-to-the-end-but-this-is-the-end-my-friend' list.

These people needΒ to get over themselves (that includes unprofessionalΒ 'DJ's' guilting people into tipping). The world isn't the same anymore. So manyΒ are out of work and only in SL on free accounts (as I said elsewhere) to help relieveΒ harsh reality for a couple hours. The sooner creators stop using their butts for hats, the sooner they'll stop losing customers. Word - whether they like it or not - gets around.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only showing combinations possible in the fatpack.

Not being clear about exactly how monochromatic the none-fatpack's are.

Not making it possible to buy the two colors you want and have it just work.

Having a super extra special edition mega fat-fatpack or a selection of fatpacks.

Making no distinction between any of the versions in the demo.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Only showing combinations possible in the fatpack.

Not being clear about exactly how monochromatic the none-fatpack's are.

Not making it possible to buy the two colors you want and have it just work.

Having a super extra special edition mega fat-fatpack or a selection of fatpacks.

Making no distinction between any of the versions in the demo.

Deception via advertising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 2:48 AM, BelindaN said:

I'm still annoyed by being asked to get changed in clubs where there are no more than ten avis and often less.

I just leave and don't go back.Β 

And I'm always covered where it matters.Β 

Then these owners wonder why nobody goes.

I remember one club hired my man for DJ --- when he showed up they said non-mesh permitted and asked him to leave. Then added him to the ban list.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I remember one club hired my man for DJ --- when he showed up they said non-mesh permitted and asked him to leave. Then added him to the ban list.

Some club owners just need to drink more prune juice.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Buying a new item and find out it requires a friggin' smart phone app to set up. This what happened on a docking station for a computer.Β  Sent it back. Sad thing the app requirement was not disclosed on the item description on a major shopping website.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...