Totally accurate facts from Zzevir you don't need to double check it.

Zzevir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was thinking everybody could use a reliable fact source. So reliable that you don't need to check it. That source is me I do the snooping the fact checking. 

First fact

Did you know that ants can smell with they butt. But they don't do it as it makes them barf. 

Strange but true. 

Also did you know that in the early plans of the SL viewer had a quick save button. But there was a disagreement abut the look and that's why it was dropped. (There is a rumor of that this is the disagreement why jam doughnut is not allowed in the canteen on Friday's. But I couldn't find any reliable source to check it. So don't qute on me on that one.) 

Men have fought wars because of soil - dirt, because they want to own the dirt and have dominion over the dirt.  I was just thinking this the other day.  So, without my looking it up, what is dirt made out of?  Dirt is more precious than gold, even the Sun would be useless without dirt in the olden days.    

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Men have fought wars because of soil - dirt, because they want to own the dirt and have dominion over the dirt.  I was just thinking this the other day.  So, without my looking it up, what is dirt made out of?  Dirt is more precious than gold, even the Sun would be useless without dirt in the olden days.    

It's made of stuff and things of course.

20 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

It's made of stuff and things of course.

Oh, plus I did just look it up.  Dirt and soil are different.  Soil is what is fertile; dirt is a remnant of working the soil.  I was looking down at the soil in our back garden yesterday and thinking how many have fought one another to own this - soil, and I remembered vaguely a scene from "Gone With the Wind" where Scarlet O'Hara picks up the soil and runs it through her hands muttering something or other about the soil and it being what matters in life - your own plot of soil.

It's sad in that I read Millennials will not have an opportunity to own a home with their own land unless they inherit.  The vast majority of Millennials will be renters only.  Owning a piece of your soil can offer a certain freedom and the kids of today won't even have an opportunity unless they marry wealthy or inherit and/or win the lottery.

Edited by FairreLilette

2 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

In Jewish mythology, each embryo has an angel teaching them all the wisdom in the world while they are in utero.  The angel taps an infant's upper lip before birth to silence it from telling all the secrets in the universe once it is born.  This is what creates your philtrum.

02543cb219aa4432711ffb94fcbc3c5a.png

I know what 3 movies you've been watching.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114194/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_84

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118643/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_69

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0183678/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_59

Walken makes a fascinating Gabriel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

lol - tbh I have not seen those films .. I just like the "philtral dimple" - especially on dogs.   

• Like 1

The whole concept of "owning" land seems a bit cockeyed to me.  Of course, it boils down to a naked ape laying claim to a patch of turnips and driving off all competitors with rocks and sticks. And if you don't have your own turnip patch, your survival is in question. So I see where it comes from. But the idea that we can own a bit of the planet still seems like some sort of elaborate make-believe on our part. It's one of those bizarre abstract concepts like "money".

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The whole concept of "owning" land seems a bit cockeyed to me.  Of course, it boils down to a naked ape laying claim to a patch of turnips and driving off all competitors with rocks and sticks. And if you don't have your own turnip patch, your survival is in question. So I see where it comes from. But the idea that we can own a bit of the planet still seems like some sort of elaborate make-believe on our part. It's one of those bizarre abstract concepts like "money".

If you want you can give me your bizarre abstract concepts if it's a problem to you. 

Also so many Zzevir in a little place like this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Does this mean people born with cleft palate pissed off the angel?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Buy land, they're not making it anymore. - Mark Twain

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Unless you are Monsanto and own all the seeds and anything their products infect..

We were planting corn one time and ended up buying part of our seed, which we ended up getting delivered the wrong seed.. but when you are in the middle of planting and have farm hands getting the seed.. they are just going to run with it and plant it..

Annyways, we got a call from Monsanto telling us we had to buy a license because we used their seed.. I forget all the details, but  we argued into a temporary license because we told them we would burn the ground and never plant there again before we paid them a dime.. My father and husband were in the truck and on their way to the co op and ready to whoop someones butt for sending us the wrong seed.. they said they would cover the temporary license fee..

We grow our own seed and feed, so we pretty much just ended up selling that crop off rather than mixing it and infecting our seed with Monsanto and then them calling to claim all our seed as Monsanto and having the be stuck having to always pay for a license..

I just remember seeing a documentary on them and then seeing it happen to us like a year later.. They would have had to show up in person to get a dime out of us if it went that far..

We figured temporary we could at least shake them off.. but permanent.. Omg that would have been war..

ETA:

I just went to see if I could find the documentary, but found this one instead to show just how bad they have gotten with it now..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.