The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

Out tomorrow at Kustom9.  Bound to be "heavy" but there might be some pieces that are not so much.  Sometimes hard to tell though when the whole set is linked (I mean really?).  I did find that the pieces were NOT linked at the main store for the painters set. That helped a lot.  Anyway at least for your oooh and aaaah pleasures. I like the divider the best. If it is heavier (LOL) than I want there are always work options :D.     Ah well. 

And "I" only bought overalls this weekend -- and joined the MINA VIP group.   

image.thumb.png.5c9bad4d89a86272aa260b0da544ba44.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Out tomorrow at Kustom9.  Bound to be "heavy" but there might be some pieces that are not so much.  Sometimes hard to tell though when the whole set is linked (I mean really?).  I did find that the pieces were NOT linked at the main store for the painters set. That helped a lot.  Anyway at least for your oooh and aaaah pleasures. I like the divider the best. If it is heavier (LOL) than I want there are always work options :D.     Ah well. 

And "I" only bought overalls this weekend -- and joined the MINA VIP group.   

image.thumb.png.5c9bad4d89a86272aa260b0da544ba44.png

I bought this set with my eyes closed ( got it by cam shopping ), I can't resist this store, I literally have every set they ever released.

Anyway Roiro have this cute set for 99L and each are 1 LI, it's not perfect but it's very decent looking, i was out of prims and i wanted to add something outside, so this set saved the day, I like it, and it has some really nice setting animations:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Storm Coast/245/42/1617

Webp.net-resizeimage(86).thumb.jpg.abcf10cbe291515f8fb21419e7fc32ec.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(85).thumb.jpg.0d75a041cd9f85309b73248189415acf.jpg

Snapshot_10503s.thumb.png.e558eeab2721fd138ac55ed8e69f0bf3.png

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I bought this set with my eyes closed ( got it by cam shopping ), I can't resist this store, I literally have every set they ever released.

Anyway Roiro have this cute set for 99L and each are 1 LI, it's not perfect but it's very decent looking, i was out of prims and i wanted to add something outside, so this set saved the day, I like it, and it has some really nice setting animations:

Lol, me too :P  Love her stuff!!

• Like 2

For those who care, the Nutmeg set is first number deleted as wrong)   ------- triangles or so LINKED. I didn't add up the textures.    

MAKE THAT 850,000 when I checked at the main store rather than from the cam sim.   No way to actually tell what the divider and throw way in at as there are no names to the mesh in the demo out. So if someone buys it and wants to let us know, I would be happy.  It is 4 li but that doesn't mean all that much really.  

Thanks. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

For those who care, the Nutmeg set is first number deleted as wrong)   ------- triangles or so LINKED. I didn't add up the textures.    

MAKE THAT 850,000 when I checked at the main store rather than from the cam sim.   No way to actually tell what the divider and throw way in at as there are no names to the mesh in the demo out. So if someone buys it and wants to let us know, I would be happy.  It is 4 li but that doesn't mean all that much really.  

Thanks. 

I have it rezzed...what am I looking for?

ETA:  Divider only shows this:    https://gyazo.com/9d6b1fe547ec604b29c1000d22e61fd9

Throw only shows this:   https://gyazo.com/e21e5002f8c11e373fd704797d2991ee

Edited by Kylie Jaxxon
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I have it rezzed...what am I looking for?

ETA:  Divider only shows this:    https://gyazo.com/9d6b1fe547ec604b29c1000d22e61fd9

Throw only shows this:   https://gyazo.com/e21e5002f8c11e373fd704797d2991ee

Right click on the object and choose "obeject > inspect" . You should get a pane that looks like this:      Thanks! 

489962943_inspectobject.thumb.jpg.0a0fa208f2c8a85c78e0d58ec4beef2b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Right click on the object and choose "obeject > inspect" . You should get a pane that looks like this:      Thanks! 

489962943_inspectobject.thumb.jpg.0a0fa208f2c8a85c78e0d58ec4beef2b.jpg

Divider:   

Total stats:

1 objects, 6 prims

Faces: 15
Vertices: 22,876
Triangles: 40,788
Complex.: 5,272

Textures: 13
TMem: 37,891 KB
VRAM: 49,156 KB

Throw:

Total stats:

1 objects, 1 prims

Faces: 1
Vertices: 27,344
Triangles: 38,000
Complex.: 667

Textures: 2
TMem: 6,144 KB
VRAM: 8,192 KB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Divider:   

Total stats:

1 objects, 6 prims

Faces: 15
Vertices: 22,876
Triangles: 40,788
Complex.: 5,272

Textures: 13
TMem: 37,891 KB
VRAM: 49,156 KB

Wow, there must be a hell of a lot more to that divider than what it appears to be from the picture.  It seems like it should totally be so much less that that -- in both triangles and texture memory.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, there must be a hell of a lot more to that divider than what it appears to be from the picture.  It seems like it should totally be so much less that that -- in both triangles and texture memory.

Intro I am adding after all the typing here:  It is important to note that the item we are talking about here while high poly is NOT the highest around and is indeed just a middle example of what is slowly becoming the "norm" ---- which is actually the most troubling part of the story. So this is by no means a "worst" example of an ongoing issue. 

@LittleMe Jewell Hinges I am guessing; inspecting could answer that for sure. If you look back at that basket example I made from the other day, all anyone needs do to up that tri count is use the sub-surf modifier on the LOWEST setting. You can see how fast that triangle count can go up. So if a modeler is making an item for a photograph he wants it as smooth as it can be (in this case the hinges and the bolts and nuts etc.).  Doesn't take long to get a high count.  I can't see any reason that there were be tons of tris on the door proper, but of course there COULD be. 

Actually this is a pretty tame number compared to some mesh that appears to be "simple" (and could be) -- and less than I expected.   

I found one single item of furniture at a top venue a few months ago -- well, longer than that as it was the same time the Belli trailers were released, so over a year I guess. Anyway it was over half a million triangles for ONE piece of furniture (not a bed; not a couch).   So far it wins the high poly content for big stuff -- that I have found anyway.   This was another creator you would recognize but not we see on this thread regularly.  

[A paragraph deleted before posting as I don't want my hand slapped, but I am not sure anyone is moderating these days anyway.]

Fabric is always tricky and usually heavy, but yes that screen could have been much less -- like 5,000.   It IS lovely and stylish, just beyond my personal definition of "reasonable". I am trying to do better with that -- 1,000 li on my rental plot or not.  But it is up to each person to decide for themselves.  I'll stick with what I can check before I buy or gacha items that aren't expensive.   That's my rule for everything really.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It should be noted that Nutmeg is, unfortunately, notoriously complex and heavy on the vertices/polys. It’s pretty to look at, but pudding if you have enough of it in one place. 

I have an acquaintance whose home may as well be a Nutmeg showpiece. Lovely, but laggy.  

It does seem to be a developing norm, Chic. 

Edited by norajulian
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, norajulian said:

It should be noted that Nutmeg is, unfortunately, notoriously complex and heavy on the vertices/polys. It’s pretty to look at, but pudding if you have enough of it in one place. 

I have an acquaintance whose home may as well be a Nutmeg showpiece. Lovely, but laggy.  

It does seem to be a developing norm, Chic. 

Ugh, I have set up my living room with all the Nutmeg stuff I have bought on sales and the Outlet... and my SL is suddenly more grey. Their stuff takes so long time to rez.

I am not happy now. I am picking it up and starting over. Maybe I have to make myself hard and ignore future sales. Stuff like that can only be used for photoshots, high up in the sky and several thousand m away from other textures/triangles...

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Webp.net-resizeimage(86).thumb.jpg.abcf10cbe291515f8fb21419e7fc32ec.jpg

Snapshot_10503s.thumb.png.e558eeab2721fd138ac55ed8e69f0bf3.png

I think I own everything in there too, LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I couldn't find that set, but did see a conch shell planter in the entry. It is beautiful. Not that I understand what are good stats for items yet, but over 50K triangles for a little deco piece seems kind of laggy.  

Eirynne, this the LM: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/kustom9/123/179/22

It is a personal choice of course, but I never count triangles, just enjoy the items I love. I've used Dust Bunny items for a long long time, and I've never had an issue with lag (nor the house owners around me)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Ugh, I have set up my living room with all the Nutmeg stuff I have bought on sales and the Outlet... and my SL is suddenly more grey. Their stuff takes so long time to rez.

I am not happy now. I am picking it up and starting over. Maybe I have to make myself hard and ignore future sales. Stuff like that can only be used for photoshots, high up in the sky and several thousand m away from other textures/triangles...

Yes, sprinkling is the key. I am happy that at least some folks are beginning to get the message. Many of us have been saying it for a long time but mostly on the MESH thread I guess --- and that was sort of preaching to the choir as most everyone there understood the issue.   

It IS possible for creators to make the same very pretty stuff with WAY less triangles.  So the only way to get that to happen is to stop buying the items with so MANY triangles. Still, we are a tiny group here; only a small percentage of the citizenship.  But the next time your friends start complaining about lag advise them to INSPECT the items they have out in their own homes.  Some at least will be happy with the knowledge.   

And again, even the creators with the laggiest stuff often have a few very nice items in that middle ground category.  

I am going to paste in a photo from a blog post coming out later today.  Not "pimping" the blog, you don't even need to go look as most of the article was already posted here. But here is the visual.

853206479_cliffhouseliving.thumb.jpg.5dd07c3554fad061af8e2159cd56148e.jpg

This is obviously not a Linden Home and I just recognized that this thread is in that forum LOL.  But the same furniture could certainly GO in a Belli house.  Meanwhile here is the pertinent text from the post. 

image.png.0077e232dafc0d12cf9f62f90a0498e3.png

That food platter is ONE land impact.

Now neither of these items are low poly, but my point in the post is to temper your choices and go for the middle ground --- since obviously we all LIKE PRETTY.   One of the food platters that I took up in a fit of shame was over 100,000 and also 1 land impact.  Now it is just me down there on the ground on my homestead so I am not hurting anyone's experiences AND my framerate is still over 70 on the ground -- so better than most any other place. But STILL.   BAD BAD GIRL.  (note that I didn't BUY that food platter; it was a gift). LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe I have to make myself hard and ignore future sales.

I'm making myself ignore heavy items, regardless of the cost, unless I want it for a photo shoot, or I really think it is something special --- and I am severely limiting the items I now call 'special'.

• Like 3

I am not a very good person when I decorate. I think about myself first, and if I lag neighbors is not very high on my list of priority. It is not like I sit with state of the art laptop and stationary. My selfish thought is that what works for me, is not extreme.

So what I decorate, I don't care about inspecting it or so. I know about triangles and textures, but as long as I am not harmed...

But when it start to hurt my performance, it is another thing! <-- (See, selfish) 👿

And even I think: WTF! Spending triangles and lots of textures on hinges. Hinges! That is madness. What do hinges need so much for? Some persons zoom extremely close in on hinges and sigh happy when they enjoy the visual beauty..../irony

I think that I heard that a big store used 1024 X 1024 textures on aiglets, the little tip on lace ends. That was when we discussed textures and complexity on avatars. I got the same reaction then. Why???

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words to clarify
  • Like 9