The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

@Chic AeonI always buy the C88 homes from Trompe, even if I don't need them. For maybe I need it in the future? I remember C88 started as 88 L for the things, but almost all stores does not do that price anymore. It is ridiculous with 288 L for a single top in a single color, so I often feel it is more expensive to buy there than other places. But I buy the Trompe stuff.

Yes!!  Have to give her credit for sticking with the agenda :P  I also love the fact that she doesn't do rares for the holiday gacha at the place that I won't name, lol.  Nice & cheap for all.  Kudos to Cory Edo, she is not in it for only the money, but truly enjoys giving us a bang for our buck.  I always support her for that fact alone!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Beware! They had this as offer short while ago as part of a kitchen SET.

Allways good to check your inventory for the name before you buy.

Good point! Yes, worth checking your inventory before you buy. If you're looking for a stand alone fridge, though, it's a pretty sweet price.

1 hour ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Good info - but the newer (v2) has color change built-in.  The one that comes with the complete kitchen is just white.  Not a big deal, but nice to be able to change the color and match the other Muniick kitchen accessories.

True, it's white, but it's mod, and I had a quick play with colouring it manually, and that worked well for me, so the white fridge can basically be any colour you want (except that you'd probably lose details if you go very dark) with a tiny bit of work, if you're not bothered about it matching other Muniick stuff.

Mind you, the same is true with the colour change one, and you get 6 different "base" colours to start with...oooh, hours of fun!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Good info - but the newer (v2) has color change built-in.  The one that comes with the complete kitchen is just white.  Not a big deal, but nice to be able to change the color and match the other Muniick kitchen accessories.

The fridge that came with my Coraline kitchen set is V2 and is color change. I guess it depends on when you bought the set!

EDIT: Oops, mine came with a decor set, so never mind! Everyone definitely needs to check to see which version they have before buying!

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The fridge that came with my Coraline kitchen set is V2 and is color change. I guess it depends on when you bought the set!

hmmm ... that's interesting.  The one in my set is definitely the older version.  Maybe I should try a redelivery.  But, either way, I love all the Muniick stuff and don't mind spending the L$25.  You do have to be aware that they do re-release things sometimes with new animations or colors -- I will have to be more aware and keep that in mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Sparkly Rainbow said:

hmmm ... that's interesting.  The one in my set is definitely the older version.  Maybe I should try a redelivery.  But, either way, I love all the Muniick stuff and don't mind spending the L$25.  You do have to be aware that they do re-release things sometimes with new animations or colors -- I will have to be more aware and keep that in mind.

I think I edited while you were typing. The fridge I have came with a decor set, not a full kitchen set.  :) 

5 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I think you have identified the problem with Nutmeg, in that many of the pieces appear as though they were designed for photo shoots, and not practical use. 

That is the problem with "render mesh". It WAS originally made for a photo-shoot. Exactly correct.  

But I remembered on my way to sleep that I DID see another "new" creator at an event maybe last month who looked VERY much like Nutmeg -- even the texturing.  I thought at the time it might be a second brand but who knows.  I think it might have been Shiny Shabby but I really don't remember. If I see the brand again, I will certainly take note. 

But yes, you do need to "sprinkle" that heavy mesh gently, even if you have a good computer and 1000 land impact to work with. So far I am doing fine over on Lilly. Fingers crossed. 

SOME of Nutmeg's items are quite reasonable  and some heartstoppingly high. But in general the LODs area improving and I am very happy about that.  One reason though (sometimes) that the LI count is so high is because things are often made in PIECES and then linked --- raising the li count. If I made a set of crates and each crate was separate and linked inworld then each crate would AT THE LEAST count as .5 LI so linking 10 crates would be 5 land impact but hardly any triangles.  If I JOINED them in my 3D program before uploading, they could be as little as 1 -- so a big difference.  

What bothers me the most with this heavy mesh stuff is that designers are starting (not all mind you) to link all their offerings together as one so it is difficult to see what is really going on -- especially when each item for sale is made up of many parts.  So I just don't buy. That solves that.  

Landmark sent to Marianne. Guess I will make a vanity today. Faster than finding one most likely LOL.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I am a big Nutmeg fan, along with my other faves, Apple Fall, Dust Bunny & Hive.  I constantly mix these guys up!!  Marianne, maybe do the opposite....style a room with mostly others, and add a Nutmeg piece or two to compliment? 

Just wanted to note that from a BUILDING perspective, Hive is one of our best creators. So beautiful things CAN also be low LI.   Other brands are even higher than Nutmeg's (cringingly so) so I am very careful buying from those stores.   Apple Fall really knows his stuff too.  

I have absolutely nothing against people importing mesh made by others. It is legal now (since Sansar and matching TOS rules). I just wish folks that use that method as part of their creative process  would learn how to get rid of some of those triangles AND make a decent physics model.  Both of those skills are  NOT that hard, certainly not as difficult as weight painting a skirt :D.   

Our world would run MUCH better and could still be lovely -- and I would BUY MORE. 

PS.  You COULD sink the new Trompe cliff house into the ground (or water) and it would be much less overwhelming.  I did that when I first set it up and it looked good.  Now I have it on a cliff. I was remembering one time decades ago when I visited a friend's house in the hills of the Bay Area (San Francisco) who HAD a house much like that. It did have some pilings holding it up but I was VERY VERY NERVOUS all the time I was in that house.  So I certainly wouldn't live in one that wasn't virtual LOL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just wanted to note that from a BUILDING perspective, Hive is one of our best creators. So beautiful things CAN also be low LI.   Other brands are even higher than Nutmeg's (cringingly so) so I am very careful buying from those stores.   Apple Fall really knows his stuff too.  

I have absolutely nothing against people importing mesh made by others. It is legal now (since Sansar and matching TOS rules). I just wish folks that use that method as part of their creative process  would learn how to get rid of some of those triangles AND make a decent physics model.  Both of those skills are  NOT that hard, certainly not as difficult as weight painting a skirt :D.   

Our world would run MUCH better and could still be lovely -- and I would BUY MORE. 

Totally agree!!

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Looking for a long modern (as not vintage but sleek and simple) double vanity with sinks that can go in a bedroom  -- so looking a bit like a dresser?   Any ideas?    I'd just as soon NOT make one LOL.

chic.thumb.JPG.85192d2eaa5a55776beeedece7227e07.JPG

KAZZA - StudioLoungeBath - washstand ?

The sinks are also pretty low in triangles, LOD not great but this is a small bathroom :)

Oddly, no dryer came with the set.

ETA: p.s. if anyone knows of a nice set of wooden blinds that can be white or wood and  partly open or closed (preferably both), I'm looking!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

The sinks are also pretty low in triangles, LOD not great but this is a small bathroom :)

Well you are supposed to LINE DRY!!!! It is always summer in the stilt homes.  

Thanks for that!   I think I will just make my own and then it will be what I want it to be. Have the faucets and drain (the hardest part) in a kitchen sink I can use so not a huge deal. And important to keep up my skill set even if I am retired :D.   It looks like the triangle count there is only for the cabinet and not the sinks?   Still it is likely fine.  

ADDING and @Nika Talaj

I am going to go with this one :D. (note: this MAY be an actual photograph or it MAY be a mesh set up for a photograph. It is almost impossible to tell the difference AND some folks make very big bucks making these (maybe cheaper than a stylist-photographer --- no idea :D).    

Off I go. 

image.png.c0fdbf0687089da2f07b68a4af0662f6.png

I appreciate you posting!!!!! 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

ETA: p.s. if anyone knows of a nice set of wooden blinds that can be white or wood and  partly open or closed (preferably both), I'm looking!

My faves are from Llorisen. 1 LI even if you stretch them, three different positions, and the set comes with two wood tones. Sadly, there is no photo on the MP listing, but they look good!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/llorisen-keating-blinds/21282296

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I have used this set many times in Houseboats and Stilts and found it very useful.  Just be careful with your house pets; bad things can happen if you fold them while they are still wet:

619512427_happensifyoufoldthemwhentheyarestillwet.jpg.9cd148a7814bbf4156846caabcf7be71.jpg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Technically these are wood. If these are for a stilt they would work great too.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Soy-Reed-Screen-SUDARE-addme/9500940

I have not seen these, but have kept them in my faves for some time. Great reviews and price.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Window-Blinds/11802495

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Schadenfreude-Big-Brella-Party-Pack/16629895

I have the set in stripes, but I think the polkadot set is really cute too.

They're pretty cute.  I'll tuck this one in my notes in case the need arises. Thanks.

What I meant was an umbrella style clothesline like this:

Deluxe+Umbrella+Clothesline.jpg

I did find one inworld, but I'm not too keen on the 500L price tag for flat flexi-prims.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

They're pretty cute.  I'll tuck this one in my notes in case the need arises. Thanks.

What I meant was an umbrella style clothesline like this:

Deluxe+Umbrella+Clothesline.jpg

I did find one inworld, but I'm not too keen on the 500L price tag for flat flexi-prims.

You could take a look at this one. It's mod and you can apparently remove the photo frames, so if you already have another clothesline, maybe you could move some clothes onto it? This creator makes nice things, so I'm sure it's good quality:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Umbrella-Clothesline/16569968

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Looks just like my washer/dryer here in the UK! (You wouldn't believe the size of our fridge/freezer, either ;) )

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4

Here is the vanity finished. Fits perfectly in the room since I coordinated the wood tone with the bed wood.  The shower and toilet are behind that partition and face the exercise room.   Vanity 2 li and mirrors are 1 li.   Accessories === a lot more LOL. 

vanity.thumb.jpg.36429c24ee77a0822e4872e3057f257f.jpg

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Here is the vanity finished. Fits perfectly in the room since I coordinated the wood tone with the bed wood.  The shower and toilet are behind that partition and face the exercise room.   Vanity 2 li and mirrors are 1 li.   Accessories === a lot more LOL. 

vanity.thumb.jpg.36429c24ee77a0822e4872e3057f257f.jpg

You can't stand on that scale with it stashed under the vanity....good thinking.  

Nice work as always.  

• Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

You can't stand on that scale with it stashed under the vanity....good thinking.  

Nice work as always.  

LOL.  I don't really believe in scales. I go by the "jeans" mesaurement ^^.   TY.  Went smoothly. Always nice when that happens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2