Jump to content

The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hive has this unique looking table in the Happy Weekend sale.  It is 3 LI, with an acceptable number of triangles for the design (6662 for the High model), and good LOD -- even with the SL Viewer default it won't shift to Medium until 13.5 m.  The base does break up at the Med LOD, so I wouldn't use it outside, but it looks to be a great table for indoor use.

image.thumb.png.44e714cdff66fec6e9bb6365c4abc623.png

image.thumb.png.c5cd8aca490ec30a04e37c7c46e59254.png

 

isnt that from ,Mulloy   ? i bought it   ,its from a bigger set   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apple Fall has made its store shelving units available as a free gift - look for the yellow box under the AF banner at the landing point! 

Well, I just found the place for beachy home furnishings! Amelia's Coastal Treasures  

Extremely exciting news from Muniick for this weekend's Happy Weekend Sale! Their entire Wickman Farmhouse Kitchen - in 4 finishes, Adult or PG - is being sold for only 60L$! Note that anyone who has

Posted Images

Just now, Atina0 said:

isnt that from ,Mulloy   ? i bought it   ,its from a bigger set   

correction   ,its almost identical from the table from Mulloy   ,only that one is texture change and one prim only  in the 60 linden sale 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

isnt that from ,Mulloy   ? i bought it   ,its from a bigger set   

It is -- the table is called Hive from Mulloy.  I corrected my post after I got home and pulled it from inventory.  I had originally read the ad wrong.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mulloy has this unique looking table in the Happy Weekend sale.  It is 3 LI, with an acceptable number of triangles for the design (6662 for the High model), and good LOD -- even with the SL Viewer default it won't shift to Medium until 13.5 m.  Texture usage seems a bit high.  Also the base does break up at the Med LOD, so I wouldn't use it outside, but it looks to be a good table for indoor use.

image.thumb.png.44e714cdff66fec6e9bb6365c4abc623.png

image.thumb.png.c5cd8aca490ec30a04e37c7c46e59254.png

 

I bought this. I didn't care for it as a dining table so I scaled it down to cocktail table size and it's perfect.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

I've just found these two stores, with a 50% discount on their Linden homes addons (the offer might not be new, but I thought it would be worth sharing it). I haven't checked nor the quality nor the prims, so I cannot tell how good/bad they are

 

I bought the most recent one from D-VINE (for Victorian Doyle) recently, and really like it. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We used a D-Vine addon for our Colonial Traditional.  It was primmy (newer ones may not be), but we love it.  Very easy to change and adapt as well.  She used simple prims where possible, and that really contributed to ease of use.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I bought this. I didn't care for it as a dining table so I scaled it down to cocktail table size and it's perfect.

Yeah, I was planning on using 2 as end tables.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have recommendations for makers of floral or tropical print living room furniture?

I've found plenty with menus to change the accent pillows, but the main part of the sofa or chair is solid or a subtle tone on tone stripe or something. The bolder prints I've found were plaids. Great for a woodland but I'm really feeling a floral or palm print for my altie's stilt. Wicker or rattan would be a bonus but I'll take any leads I can get. Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stella Carver said:

Anyone have recommendations for makers of floral or tropical print living room furniture?

I've found plenty with menus to change the accent pillows, but the main part of the sofa or chair is solid or a subtle tone on tone stripe or something. The bolder prints I've found were plaids. Great for a woodland but I'm really feeling a floral or palm print for my altie's stilt. Wicker or rattan would be a bonus but I'll take any leads I can get. Thanks in advance.

Apple Fall has the Lily Seating.  Comes in sofa or chair.  If I remember correctly, the wicker has 3 or 4 different wood tones :)  The print I love is the "Vines" that might work for you, also has a sailor stripe which is adorable.   Might be worth checking out!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Apple Fall has the Lily Seating.  Comes in sofa or chair.  If I remember correctly, the wicker has 3 or 4 different wood tones :)  The print I love is the "Vines" that might work for you, also has a sailor stripe which is adorable.   Might be worth checking out!!

That's gorgeous! Thank you. I'll take a look at it inworld this evening!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stella Carver said:

Anyone have recommendations for makers of floral or tropical print living room furniture?

I've found plenty with menus to change the accent pillows, but the main part of the sofa or chair is solid or a subtle tone on tone stripe or something. The bolder prints I've found were plaids. Great for a woodland but I'm really feeling a floral or palm print for my altie's stilt. Wicker or rattan would be a bonus but I'll take any leads I can get. Thanks in advance.

Loft & Aria has a gacha set called Tropical Glam that has a sofa that's just like you describe. It's texture change with several nice tropical prints (and some solids), and the pillows are texture change as well, so you can really mix it up. You can find one by searching on the Marketplace, but be warned, it's a rare so won't come cheap. Worth it IMO, though; I have mine in a stilt home and love it. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trompe L'oeil's Leander chairs have great tropical patterns.  I don't think there's a matching sofa, but it's worth a check inworld.  They're just a touch primmy, but I've used them often in Belli.  Bought them a while ago; if you want to see them and they don't have them displayed, I have them on the porch at our place in Dimanche.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Leander-Chairs-PG-mesh/17644177

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Trompe L'oeil's Leander chairs have great tropical patterns.  I don't think there's a matching sofa, but it's worth a check inworld.  They're just a touch primmy, but I've used them often in Belli.  Bought them a while ago; if you want to see them and they don't have them displayed, I have them on the porch at our place in Dimanche.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Leander-Chairs-PG-mesh/17644177

Trompe's sofas have many texture options. Find a sofa/chair you like on display and cycle through the 20 or so options and you're sure to find one or two that would suit!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I just rented a nice mainland parcel on a lake and I need to buy a house for it. The house must be modern and open concept. Trompe Loeil makes some beauties, but the upstairs bedroom areas have walls, separate rooms, and lots of doors, so they are out.

Can anyone suggest a builder of comparable quality and Li that are modern and open?

Scarlet Creative has some homes that might suit. They’ve recently released an open, double A framed house with lots of glass to take in views.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Has anyone stumbled upon a decent *decor* backpack/rucksack? Something a seasoned traveller would use?

I like David Heather's Balla Backpack. I don't see it on MP,  so here's a quick photo of it. It's 1 LI.

 

Snapshot_001.png

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Loft-Alderan-Mid-Century-Living-Room/5493064
 

I found a deal from Loft-Aria on the MP. Decided to get it and use it in a trad I have—nice retro vibe.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Loft-Alderan-Mid-Century-Living-Room/5493064

For 300 Linden, you get an entire living room including hanging lamp, table lamp, floor lamp, couch with texture change pillows, couch without pillows, chair with both upholstery and pillow change options, credenza, framed art, wall frames, rug, candlesticks, two styles of side table, coffee table, wall shelf, knick knacks, and a potted plant! All is copy mod—it’s not terrible on prims, its a little bit older stuff, but there is more than enough things in the set of value—just the rug, chair, couches and lamps alone are worth it. I like how its sorta 50/ 60s retro. I went and bought 2 more rugs and two more couches in different upholstery colors—they are sold separately too. A couch alone is 200Linden. Rugs were about 100. The set comes with a mustard tone rug and a greige couches Lots of pillows choices. The plants and couches are on MP, the plants are only 10L. The rugs I had to go to the store for, and one of the side tables is also for sale at the store in more colors. The side table comes in a shiny white porcelain in the set.

The only thing I truly was not a fan of was the coffee table, but it was not bad—just my least fav thing is all. 
It’s a great deal if you were in the mood to go a little retro!
 

1865EC7D-6D17-462B-B28A-61E4381AB5C1.jpeg

DF41F942-6E5A-4B75-840E-1E05D9637DFD.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Has anyone stumbled upon a decent *decor* backpack/rucksack? Something a seasoned traveller would use?

Dust Bunny has one as a gacha item. Here's a close up:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/storybook-living-old-backpack-boxed/10400934

And here's one selling for 35L$

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/dust-bunny-storybook-living-old-backpack-boxed/19866352

 

Or there's this one.... (not sure wether the backpack is stand alone, and if not wether you can unlink)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Backpack-Ball-Shoes/4729816

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...