The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

47 minutes ago, Arquet said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Or there's this one.... (not sure wether the backpack is stand alone, and if not wether you can unlink)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Backpack-Ball-Shoes/4729816

Review: "Just a prim". Other reviews from the store products say the same. "This is decals" and "Flat prim sheet".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arquet said:

Dust Bunny has one as a gacha item. Here's a close up:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/storybook-living-old-backpack-boxed/10400934

And here's one selling for 35L$

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/dust-bunny-storybook-living-old-backpack-boxed/19866352

Or there's this one.... (not sure wether the backpack is stand alone, and if not wether you can unlink)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Backpack-Ball-Shoes/4729816

Thanks - I don't know why the Dust Bunny one didn't show up in my search. (The last one you found is actually just a texture on a flat prim. which I had seen.)

I'm surprised none of the really talented creators out there (*hint* *hint* to any who may be reading this ;) ) has made a large rucksack with overstuffed pockets and stuff spilling out... like the rucksack I used to carry in my youth hostelling days. Decades on, I guess everyone uses suitcases with wheels instead :/ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Very frustrating - I can find several different, smallish duffle bags at that store, but no sign of this backpack. I'll drop the owner a message. Thanks again!

Were you able to find the display with the Balla living room set? I'll pop by the store and see if I can locate it; it's been a while since I bought it so maybe he's shuffled stuff around.

10 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Very frustrating - I can find several different, smallish duffle bags at that store, but no sign of this backpack. I'll drop the owner a message. Thanks again!

OK found it. When you enter the store, take the elevator (TP) that's named "Culture". When  you land, go to the right and find this display. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/David Heather/87/80/1023

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Review: "Just a prim". Other reviews from the store products say the same. "This is decals" and "Flat prim sheet".

ooooops. Sorry, I should have checked...

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Thanks - I don't know why the Dust Bunny one didn't show up in my search. (The last one you found is actually just a texture on a flat prim. which I had seen.)

I'm surprised none of the really talented creators out there (*hint* *hint* to any who may be reading this ;) ) has made a large rucksack with overstuffed pockets and stuff spilling out... like the rucksack I used to carry in my youth hostelling days. Decades on, I guess everyone uses suitcases with wheels instead :/ 

My first though when I saw your post was ... surely Nutmeg has something like that? But it doesn't look like it (I only checked the marketplace, though).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The first time I went there, I was looking for the Balla TV, and had a terrible time trying to find it! That is an interesting layout he has there, for sure. lol

So, I bought the backpack, resized it a bit in the Edit menu and it's still 1 LI. Also bought one of the totes, which is supposed to be 3 LI. *Before* doing anything to it, it rezzed as *26* LI. Resized it using the incorporated resize script, deleted the script and it's still *26* LI. WTF! Tried re-rezzing it and got this message (which I'd ignored the first time.) Still 26 LI. [Oops. Message not very visible, is it? It reads: "[12:29] Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set
[12:29] Script trying to detach from agent but PERMISSION_ATTACH permission not set!" - Have never seen this message before, but I don't think it has anything to do with the LI, or am I missing something?

dhtote.jpg

dh.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman

18 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

So, I bought the backpack, resized it a bit in the Edit menu and it's still 1 LI. Also bought one of the totes, which is supposed to be 3 LI. *Before* doing anything to it, it rezzed as *26* LI. Resized it using the incorporated resize script, deleted the script and it's still *26* LI. WTF! Tried re-rezzing it and got this message (which I'd ignored the first time.) Still 26 LI. [Oops. Message not very visible, is it? It reads: "[12:29] Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set
[12:29] Script trying to detach from agent but PERMISSION_ATTACH permission not set!" - Have never seen this message before, but I don't think it has anything to do with the LI, or am I missing something?

dhtote.jpg

dh.jpg

Looks like that is meant to be a hand-held item, not a rezzed decor piece.

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Looks like that is meant to be a hand-held item, not a rezzed decor piece.

Yeah, there's a script I found inside that can't be deleted. Well, that sucks. No info that I saw indicating it *wasn't* a decor item, especially as I checked the LI in the display. I've never been able to rez a wearable item without *wearing* or attaching it before!

Just saw a message from Jake Vordun of Fancy Decor flash on my screen inworld:

"Hello all, access to the Fancy Decor region will be turn off while we put finishing touches on the store. We plan to be open this weekend, so keep you eyes out for information on a grand re-opening with specials!"

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Yeah, there's a script I found inside that can't be deleted. Well, that sucks. No info that I saw indicating it *wasn't* a decor item, especially as I checked the LI in the display. I've never been able to rez a wearable item without *wearing* or attaching it before!

Bummer that some won't rez anymore. It's nice when they do like they used to. :( 

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Wild guess: Maybe it's a mesh thing. I know that I have rezzed wearable mesh items in order to edit them, such as adding textures to full perm t shirts. 

ETA: Thinking on it further, I'm pretty sure I used to rez non-mesh hairs to edit them. I could be remembering that wrong, though, it's been a minute since I wore non-mesh stuff.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Odd - I've rezzed lots of mesh wearables.  Granted, a good many of them have scripts in them that make the item instantly poof if you attempt to rez it, but without such a script they should rez just fine.  Also, because of how the mesh algorithms work, lots of wearable mesh is really huge LI when rezzed, even if the CI when worn is super tiny.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

OK. I am going to post this and then stop yapping for awhile.  Mostly I am just depressed.     NOT at  a sale. At newly opened venue. It is a table centerpiece.  I could almost build a small city with that many triangles.

And more folks are starting to link all their items together so that you can't figure out the actual "cost" of individual pieces.  I am not buying from them of course. Unfortunately a few of my previously favorite designers have gone over to the dark side.  Moving on. 

May there be some good sale stuff that is WELL MADE in the morrow. 

I put that wonderfully made bus stop out in my city. Looks fantastic!   

image.png.284896782f648a5ff7128c046eedc5ad.png

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK. I am going to post this and then stop yapping for awhile.  Mostly I am just depressed.     NOT at  a sale. At newly opened venue. It is a table centerpiece.  I could almost build a small city with that many triangles.

And more folks are starting to link all their items together so that you can't figure out the actual "cost" of individual pieces.  I am not buying from them of course. Unfortunately a few of my previously favorite designers have gone over to the dark side.  Moving on. 

May there be some good sale stuff that is WELL MADE in the morrow. 

I put that wonderfully made bus stop out in my city. Looks fantastic!   

image.png.284896782f648a5ff7128c046eedc5ad.png

Are you doing some posts about the Shop & Hop event? It is so many regions. I am waiting a bit to see where the interesting things are. I assume it will be a lot of coverage of hair and apparel, not so much about furniture and houses.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Are you doing some posts about the Shop & Hop event? It is so many regions. I am waiting a bit to see where the interesting things are. I assume it will be a lot of coverage of hair and apparel, not so much about furniture and houses.

Yes I am, but there really wasn't much Home and Garden there this time. It is a very good event, but more "balanced" than oftentimes .  So Mithral , Jian, and Chez Moi were the only things I featured (photos on blog).  Some things were pretty but bad LODs and some were too heavy. 

I think some H and G places gave away things other than H and G ?   Not sure but I didn't have much to unpack in that category.   There is a list of SLURLS on the official opening post.  And while there is mention of gifts at every store, I didn't find that to be true  -- and it wasn't a criteria for the participants last time (I didn't apply this time :D ).  

Not many purchases so far this weekend -- just a rolling pin basket LOL. Maybe Happy Weekend will have something for me; fingers crossed.  

PS. Forgot that Dahia  had a very nice floor balloon and The Home Store had a heart shaped planter with plants (just not my style).  {what next} has a heart shaped pizza with slice giving and of course Winter's things are always well made.  I was mostly looking for items that would work beyond the ten day season :D.    

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2