The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

Worked this afternoon a bit so not to lose my skills :D.

Here is an example of low poly mesh.    Furniture does not NEED to be either "primmy" or heavy with too many triangles.   

803831560_couchnotriangles.thumb.jpg.ecab37c299b1babeea0a923bf91b2753.jpg

1012840486_couchtriangles.thumb.jpg.094b159d6413a602fcf73942c2fcadd0.jpg

Fingers crossed for a great shopping day tomorrow!!!!!

• Like 7

On 3/5/2021 at 3:11 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Today's award for 'Something Different' goes to Consignment's 11 LI Muscle Car Shelf. 50L$. Last week's gray Pippin chair is still available as well.

Note: the above items are no longer on sale at Consignment - they have now been replaced by this weekend's Saturday Sale item, the 50L$, 7 LI "Pit chair". And, no, I don't know what the deal is with those 3 snowballs? softballs? pom-poms?  

consignment.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Note: the above items are no longer on sale at Consignment - they have now been replaced by this weekend's Saturday Sale item, the 50L$, 7 LI "Pit chair". And, no, I don't know what the deal is with those 3 snowballs? softballs? pom-poms?  

consignment.JPG

My guess is pom-poms.  Back in the 70s, I think, couch throws/afghans would have pom-poms at the end of the corner tassels.

I always though of them as just something else for my cats to shred.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you've got a beachfront property, you might want to take a look at Kei's lifeguard chair - only 3 LI, A or PG 75L$. (To be honest, the umbrella and life preserver look a bit too plasticky to me, but tastes differ, so...) Some nice exercise animations (jumping jacks, toe touches), but you'll need to adjust the vertical positioning.

kei.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

If you've got a beachfront property, you might want to take a look at Kei's lifeguard chair - only 3 LI, A or PG 75L$. (To be honest, the umbrella and life preserver look a bit too plasticky to me, but tastes differ, so...) 

kei.JPG

I'll have to go take a look - I've been looking for a new lifeguard chair.  Maybe the life preserver & umbrella can be removed (or even replaced) without causing baked-in shadow issues. Or maybe retextured so it doesn't look so shiny - I think that is what is giving it the plastic look.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'll have to go take a look - I've been looking for a new lifeguard chair.  Maybe the life preserver & umbrella can be removed (or even replaced) without causing baked-in shadow issues. Or maybe retextured so it doesn't look so shiny - I think that is what is giving it the plastic look.

In case you didn't see my amended comment above - it contains some nice exercise animations I haven't seen before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I bought a LOT this weekend. Whew.  I loved the Consignment chair, just trying to keep my triangle diet in place so passed.   

Meanwhile, did anyone get this set (lamps and texture change rug are in there too).  It is a lovely set "but" it was in theory texture change and only the rug is texture change.  I went through each prim and no scripts in any of them.  It is mod so I can tint what I have but it is not what was on display which is a little disconcerting. No notecard (even in Spanish :D which I could probably muddle through). Went to the Marketplace and no info there either. So I guess it just isn't texture change? 

image.thumb.png.2fab15c4c949c97cd992d3c131c389b7.png

@LittleMe Jewell did you get a Home Expo house? Anyone else here on the forums?

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I bought a LOT this weekend. Whew.  I loved the Consignment chair, just trying to keep my triangle diet in place so passed.   

Meanwhile, did anyone get this set (lamps and texture change rug are in there too).  It is a lovely set "but" it was in theory texture change and only the rug is texture change.  I went through each prim and no scripts in any of them.  It is mod so I can tint what I have but it is not what was on display which is a little disconcerting. No notecard (even in Spanish :D which I could probably muddle through). Went to the Marketplace and no info there either. So I guess it just isn't texture change? 

The official advert shows different patterns on the the pillows, so there ought to be a texture change option somewhere. A missing HUD, maybe? (I've bought a few sets on weekend sales where the box contents were updated after I bought them.) 

duna.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

The official advert shows different patterns on the the pillows, so there ought to be a texture change option somewhere. A missing HUD, maybe? (I've bought a few sets on weekend sales where the box contents were updated after I bought them.) 

duna.JPG

Yes, maybe a missing hud. The Marketplace listing isn't helpful as it is a BOX and not the items :D. I will send a notecard in English and Spanish :D.   You get the flamingo too LOL.     

NOPE. That can't be it as there are no scripts in the bed at all so a hud wouldn't do it. Maybe she took out all that which would be fine but would have been better to SHOW the one you were getting, not a different texture.  If I get more info, I post here.  I mostly wanted the lamps (they cannot be separated so that limits some uses) but the rug does have texture change and is very nice.  So not mad, just puzzled. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I always have a hard time finding stuff at Bee Designs, so I'm still trying to find this set, which looks to have some very nice pieces, if they can be used individually. 

bee2.JPG

Often using Area Search on part of the name shown in the advert will get you to the items on display -- though not all items that are in the weekends sales are on display anywhere.  

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not me - I didn't even try for one.  I am a very,  very slow decorator - often taking many weeks to finalize a tiny house, and all of those look fairly large.

OK, must have been that other LittleMe in the other reality (I go there often these days LOL). So glad then that you weren't disappointed!!!!   

You know long long ago, the gal that has Second Spaces (a VERY old brand) had a contest called HotShots.  I was in that and made it to the second round. But not only did I have a much smaller inventory then, the contest was like two hours to do a room and I think there might have been a prim limit also, not sure.   We were given (or picked depending on the round)  three items that we had to work into our design.

On round two (mostly because they were also having a disco party while we decorated) my computer just couldn't handle it.  SO much frustration waiting to open a folder LOL.  So I did what I could do and asked them not to judge me in the mix since I might take points away from someone more worthy.   I was very new to decorating back then.  I did follow the rest of the contest and reported on it all. Was fun.   That would be good to do again sometime I think if there was interest.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Often using Area Search on part of the name shown in the advert will get you to the items on display -- though not all items that are in the weekends sales are on display anywhere. 

Yes, it was HORRIBLE finding things this week.  I think almost everywhere I went I had to use area search.   I made landmarks TO the items for my post.  I don't imagine sales will be too good this week for most folks.  

• Like 1

OK. Here are my pictures of picks this week. Super busy today with many more things on my list. So if you need landmarks to the vendor locations, they are are my blog.   I bought all but the Gothic bed -- couldn't imagine when I would use it LOL.

Hopefully I can get these in one post (yikes) so much goodness.

foosball.thumb.jpg.733533f8c4473f0f5e06bb3abce7f1dc.jpg

Muniick

beanbags.thumb.jpg.299d739a46e831e52bd76dadc4ea74b7.jpg

@home

skybox.thumb.jpg.3a12778d5904c32a622d188f5ddb35bc.jpgPitaya (skybox - backdrop)

1241221076_gothicbed.thumb.jpg.65f148f524292034c67b8f0b2df42474.jpg

Mirage Trading Company

couch.thumb.jpg.7019ea4c34c19d3b6278b348788a9087.jpg

EVHAH  (the lounger does not texture change as the vendor suggests). The rug does. The lamps are one mesh so no separations.  The lounger is TINTABLE. Wrote to the creator about the texture issue.  

• Like 2

OK, when I went back to Bee Designs (<-- This link will take you directly to the beach set, just turn around.) I was able to spot the bright yellow Happy Weekend sign very quickly. Here's how the set breaks down: chairs 4 LI each, beach sign 1 LI, inner tube float (appears to be decor only) 2 LI, blankets, pillows, boat shelter 14 LI (hoping that I can separate and use the pillows), paddles 1 LI, beach bag 1 LI, starfish 1 LI. UPDATE: The only piece that's unusable after unlinking the pillows, etc. is the blanket on the ground, which has baked-in shadows.

bee.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes, maybe a missing hud. The Marketplace listing isn't helpful as it is a BOX and not the items :D. I will send a notecard in English and Spanish :D.   You get the flamingo too LOL.     

NOPE. That can't be it as there are no scripts in the bed at all so a hud wouldn't do it. Maybe she took out all that which would be fine but would have been better to SHOW the one you were getting, not a different texture.  If I get more info, I post here.  I mostly wanted the lamps (they cannot be separated so that limits some uses) but the rug does have texture change and is very nice.  So not mad, just puzzled. 

The texture change is a little different but it does work. If you sit on the bench and then click on it, a menu appears offering the choices male or female (which is usually just to choose poses), if you choose one, the submenu contains the option 'textures'. 

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

If you've got a beachfront property, you might want to take a look at Kei's lifeguard chair - only 3 LI, A or PG 75L$. (To be honest, the umbrella and life preserver look a bit too plasticky to me, but tastes differ, so...) Some nice exercise animations (jumping jacks, toe touches), but you'll need to adjust the vertical positioning.

I don't know if it was an error or just a generous extra but when I bought this there were 2 boxes inside and one contained the chair and the other a beach blanket with umbrella.

The blanket inc umbrellas and beachball is high in Li at 11 Li.blanket_001.thumb.png.63f1fca38733e74ec25249d0a287a3da.png

Edited by Elyeah

1 hour ago, Elyeah said:

The texture change is a little different but it does work. If you sit on the bench and then click on it, a menu appears offering the choices male or female (which is usually just to choose poses), if you choose one, the submenu contains the option 'textures'. 

Thanks. LOL   "Normally" (what is normal these days) the TEXTURE button would be up in the first menu ^^.   I never tried the sits so never saw that tab. Appreciate your response and will update my blog post and write to the owner. There really SHOULD be a notecard though :D.  I looked for one for sure LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elyeah said:

Well that is just plain hokey  🤔

• Like 3

I found these cute side/end tables for 50L at Dahlia from the Saturday Sale -- which is almost over, and I don't know if they keep their Stuff out past Saturday.  They are only 1 LI, decent triangle count and the LOD holds up for quite a distance with my setting on 2.0.  I even had success at replacing the marble texture with a few in my inventory - though only some looked right on the edges.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Imogen/54/66/2503

image.png.c2df4c0bba137c60b4df22a28c9eb321.png

image.thumb.png.31c6229b24411132ba895563fb320c03.png

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

@LittleMe Jewell did you get a Home Expo house? Anyone else here on the forums?

@Chloe Doloresand @Prokofy Nevais in! I am on a reserve list in case someone don't show up.

I didn't know that Prokofy had a Dinkie avatar! Well, I think back, and maybe it was in the @archangel969interview. 

• Like 3

For those of you living in the stilts home, or have coastal homes, Bat Katz has a great sand patch as a gift in her store. It is 2 Li and it includes some shells as part of the texture. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Serena Scarlet Rain/98/106/35

Also, if you're a cabin/country life fan like myself, she also has a beehive available as a gift. Of course, to have the bees living free, since our little friends need a lot of help nowadays!!!!

sand_001.png

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1