The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

Lots of stuff on sale at Muniick this weekend.

The Essen bedroom set (PG or A) is 60L$. Bed 8 LI, nightstand 1 LI, lamp 2 LI, dresser 2 LI, mirror 1 LI. Lots of texture change options. 

The "Partition Mess" costs 50L$.

The RV Awning set contains several pieces, but note that the lawn chairs are 4 LI compared with the 1LI for the ones currently on offer from What Next.

muniick5.JPG

muniick4.JPG

muniick3.JPG

muniick2.JPG

muniick.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Funny those "same" chairs as {what next} :D. But it happens. I was in an event long ago and we both had "barrel chairs" that were very similar AND we were right next to each other in the line up  -- SO not good LOL.

I liked the door collection and looked at it but it was too "primmy" for me. Pretty though.   Hopefully there will be lots of great things tomorrow. 

• Like 1

So are you people ready to lose all your lindens (and composure) this weekend?!

This 2BR KraftWork house is only 75L; good for a small family like mine. Not particularly looking for a home now but who knows, we might move into some countryside estate soon:

KraftWork Th West of The Rain House for The Saturday Sale

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KraftWork/246/149/21

60L pool set from Your Dreams; very pretty but the LI is somewhat discouraging:

Happy Weekend sale Feb 27=28

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cleantha/210/135/23

( not something I would pay for full price, so I bought it immediately lol )

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Well I only have  one "pick" so far this weekend but ten o'clock will get here eventually. Some new folks in the various events this week which was nice to see. 

Before I get to my pick, here is my "oh damn" screenshot because I REALLY wanted these (insert big sigh here). 

image.png.988d4cf58ba057810eecf338612a255b.png

130,000 is way past my comfortable number :(

BUT this little number below is great on the tris and good on the LODs and only one land impact. Note though that the sign talks about a floor lamp. There IS a "floor lamp" in the pack but it is just a large version of the table lamp (duh). So don't expect anything exciting.   

.: RatzCatz :. Modern Leaves Lamps Pack

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Arun/177/107/27

image.thumb.png.fe9f5d9ebeeda602c602df9eb5045cd3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

ah yes, thank you Fleur, I thought of Bazar but their bed is outdated, I was hoping that some other store may have this exact bed (and not modified ) the style of blanket I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, but I guess it's really is bazaar bed modified.

Thanks again for your help I appreciate it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

ah yes, thank you Fleur, I thought of Bazar but their bed is outdated, I was hoping that some other store may have this exact bed (and not modified ) the style of blanket I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, but I guess it's really is bazaar bed modified.

Thanks again for your help I appreciate it!

I don't think it is that Bazar bed modified... it looks so perfect. It must be some real mod wizard. I am thinking if 2 beds are modify both, they can make the bed frame transparent on one bed, and the bedding/pillows transparent on the other and set them together?

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well I only have  one "pick" so far this weekend but ten o'clock will get here eventually. Some new folks in the various events this week which was nice to see. 

Before I get to my pick, here is my "oh damn" screenshot because I REALLY wanted these (insert big sigh here). 

image.png.988d4cf58ba057810eecf338612a255b.png

130,000 is way past my comfortable number :(

BUT this little number below is great on the tris and good on the LODs and only one land impact. Note though that the sign talks about a floor lamp. There IS a "floor lamp" in the pack but it is just a large version of the table lamp (duh). So don't expect anything exciting.   

.: RatzCatz :. Modern Leaves Lamps Pack

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Arun/177/107/27

I know just the plants! And I was going to buy them. I might still do it, triangles and all... to see how they work.

Are you familiar with Mithral? They have plants out every week, in the Saturday sale. I never inspected them, I got a feeling that maybe their triangles are lower.

Mithral-Apothecary-4.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't think it is that Bazar bed modified... it looks so perfect. It must be some real mod wizard. I am thinking if 2 beds are modify both, they can make the bed frame transparent on one bed, and the bedding/pillows transparent on the other and set them together?

Well yes he is a real mod wizard, He's by far the best second life interior designer in my opinion, sadly he doesn't write credits for his work ( you know it's a job and not for photography ).

But if it was modified what's the other bed? if I know the other bed I might be able to make a similar one!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am thinking if 2 beds are modify both, they can make the bed frame transparent on one bed, and the bedding/pillows transparent on the other and set them together?

If the beds are modifiable, then I'd simply unlink everything and then relink just the pieces I wanted, arranged the way I wanted.  Though if the bed is all one piece there isn't any unlinking to be done.  But if there are different texture faces for things like frame versus bedding, then setting the undesired faces to transparent would work.  That would be way extra primmy though.  I'd think I'd just keep looking for something I liked better.

• Like 1

Dang! It is really the Bazar bed, now when I saw this angle. The shading on the headboard gives it away. It is for the original pillow.

Does this miracle guy have a Flickr, @SarahThe Wanderer? I understand that he works for people and will not share his secrets. I bet he has great images to just admire and be jealous of.

bed collage.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Dang! It is really the Bazar bed, now when I saw this angle. The shading on the headboard gives it away. It is for the original pillow.

Does this miracle guy have a Flickr, @SarahThe Wanderer? I understand that he works for people and will not share his secrets. I bet he has great images to just admire and be jealous of.

bed collage.jpg

Oh yes he does, even if he doesn't share credits, I always come back to his page to get ideas:

Jack D. Hanby Interiors

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 2:14 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Really nice artist set with great LODs and low tri count. At BALACLAVA on Manly Weekend.  image.thumb.png.4f486d2b8b79979860a289b69ae7de14.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/chopsticks/77/40/29

on with my shopping. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I will never understand why items like this go into male specific shopping events. Whats so manly about a storage rack for paintings?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Black Sand Triumph sofa that I like so much is back on sale for Happy Weekend - 11 LI, 60L$ (the gray texture is the one I used, with an added tint). This time, I checked the triangle count, which is staggering, but I have to say that apart from a slight problem with the pom-poms turning from white to black when my camera is pulled back, it's always rezzed quickly for me. 

blacksand.jpg

blacksand2.jpg

blacksand3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Good catch. I was going to say that it would be unlikely that two beds could go together simply because of the shadows when baking. EVEN IF YOU COULD cover up where the previous pillows had been -- like with larger pillows -- the directional and ambient lighting would still be wrong most of the time and something would feel "off" even if it wasn't obvious. 

and yes I have a fair amount of Mithral and yes they do make much lower poly plants. 

mithral.thumb.jpg.1492befe82e64d746780e818edf03dab.jpg

The big winner for me today (and evidently a lot of others as the sim was full for awhile when I tried to get back there) is Your Dreams.   I had to smile at the bathroom as it has a double vanity sink like I was looking for. Now I like mine a bit better, but still LOL. Funny.  

43274636_yourdreamsbath.thumb.jpg.fa73d644c0cf599561d54abfdd62d60a.jpg

There is also a living room set WITH bed and a whole patio pool area.   

Here is the minimalist bed which I really like.   The bed is 10 li because of the good LODs but could be linked to something made in many parts to balance that out. 

1703761642_yourdreams.thumb.jpg.6f6ce10282358790b2a08aedc1a0aa8f.jpg

I also got the backdrop from Paparazzi.   I wasn't all that impressed with clothing this week but going back to look again for a blog post LOL.    

Happy shopping!!!!   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've been wandering around the Home and Garden Expo (till the point that it got so crowded that everything slowed to a crawl). Here are some of my finds (forgive me if they are not as clear as they could be, lag and all)...

The wood cupboards from Coffee Stains are only $80L/4LI for the empty light wood one, and $99L/11LI for the one with all the decor items.

Eclectica featured the retro kitchen.

Steelhead has a furnished layout for the Linden Home Shenandoah Trailer.

Park Place's Cambridge Explorer's Club Fireplace would be great in a Victorian Home.

(more in the next post)

Snapshot_006.png

Snapshot_007.png

Snapshot_008.png

Snapshot_009.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This has reminded me to ask - anyone else with a store at the Home & Garden Expo DM me a link and we can swap links / mutual visits etc (big event I get lost without directions) also I have entered house decorating comp so if I am lucky to be chosen I will be on the hunt for expo contributors as well as from across the board :)

• Like 2

Maybe it is not too late for this Ebento weekend offer, because I bought it just now. It is, strictly speaking over the time set for the weekend sale. Sometimes the time is stretched a bit.

154475864_1151678141919519_7846587178404

Talk about triangles, this must be super low (1100) pr chair. And only 2 Li per chair and 2 Li per table. It was not a front display, it is up in 2nd floor, to the back.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Petrichor/136/40/2070

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe it is not too late for this Ebento weekend offer, because I bought it just now. It is, strictly speaking over the time set for the weekend sale. Sometimes the time is stretched a bit.

154475864_1151678141919519_7846587178404

Talk about triangles, this must be super low (1100) pr chair. And only 2 Li per chair and 2 Li per table. It was not a front display, it is up in 2nd floor, to the back.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Petrichor/136/40/2070

thanks   went straight over to pick it up 

4 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

This has reminded me to ask - anyone else with a store at the Home & Garden Expo DM me a link and we can swap links / mutual visits etc (big event I get lost without directions) also I have entered house decorating comp so if I am lucky to be chosen I will be on the hunt for expo contributors as well as from across the board :)

Here is the page contains an alphabetical list of all stores and which region they are on:
https://slhomegardenexpo.com/shopping-guide/

The  website also has pages for each region, with a listing of stores on that region and links to the stores:
image.png.096983a66959c562338b308ee0350da4.png

That is how I did targeted visits.  It is easy to get lost just wandering around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Oh, I am teleporting over to join! Maybe we both are pulled out.

• Like 1