The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

I know we've had furniture styles and kitchens topics in the past, but I thought it might be good to have a catch-all topics where we can post sales and info...especially for furnishings that will work well with Linden Homes but not restricted to a particular style.

For example, today I found out that a lot of Floorplan's retired (but still fairly recent and mesh) furnishings are available on the SL Marketplace at a greatly discounted price - typically $L10 to $L75. A great opportunity to get some nice furniture and decor at a very low cost.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7

For those of you who are in one of the Traditionals - I just switched back to one, and was looking for an add-on that would create a home with more usable rooms (my big beef with the Traditionals is that it is tough to try and do bathrooms in them). I found this lovely add on for the Adams home by Teegle on the Marketplace. At $L900 it's not cheap, but it is very well made (and only 39 LI!). It adds a vaulted ceiling family room to the back, and a master bedroom and bathroom on the left in back. It breaks up the original room on the left into a dining and kitchen area, and adds a closet or small bathroom to the room on the right. It's a nice flow with a  "U" shape layout.

The Marketplace listing picture features the back of the add-on. Here's a picture of the front and back on my Adams. I love how well it blends in with the base Adams model.

image.thumb.png.53e24b45a412bd18ecbdf9f1a7c467d2.png

image.thumb.png.0d40dc056af8d7337a4118ddefd44cea.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

I am a big fan of Bellisseria Homes and Gardens because on the whole they take hours of building work or faffing around out of making workable solutions for almost every parcel. And I am also a fan of spending more money on something that is well built and instantly does what I want it to. I am not very thrifty :) so the price usually does not matter I know how many hours they saved me. Also of course I am a fan of Blushed Living add ons for the same reason. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Here are some of the weekend sale deals for home furnishings (edited to add, I know Frigga Freidman posted about the Bee Designs set, I was creating this post when that was posted).
Bee Designs - black goth living room set (think decorating your Victorian for Halloween) -

Kazza - patio chairs set

Your Dreams - Autumn Magic Kitchen (rustic look, maybe for log cabins?) - no stove or refrigerator included

Architect - Castro Modern shelving unit (Wood, Black, or White)

KraftWork - Artist drawing table and stool

YouNeed - Wooden furniture set (shown on pier or deck, block-style outdoor furniture).

Munik - Halloween Dinner set including large and small tables, chairs, place settings.

Acorn - towels and soap set. Be aware that only two out of the three color groups appear to be on sale at the time I posted this.

Mithral - what do you thinK? Plants, of course.

Lacrime dell’anima - color theme this week is Olive (misc. Victorian style furnishings)

Bloom - outdoor daybeds with flowering vines, "cute tent"

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I have joined the group for Happy Weekend sales to get their updated sales notecard. The Flickr group post most of it, but it miss some.

ACCESS

In this sale, it is something for homes and interiors every time, even if it is mostly fashion.

Maybe the best thing on offer this weekend is the Kazza set. I have that already, but maybe I want this too, just for the new colors. And the original set was no modify, so annoying. (It is HUGE for avatars that's 6 feet and under.) The plant is not to my taste, so I would prefer to delete it.

Kazza is one of the stores that has had no modify items, then modify, no modify, back and forth. It appears that they have seen reason and sell only modify now, I hope!

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

Here are some of the weekend sale deals for home furnishings (edited to add, I know Frigga Freidman posted about the Bee Designs set, I was creating this post when that was posted).

I only discovered that these sales were weekly events last month - there have been so many lovely items on offer in 4 weeks that it makes me want to cry for all the stuff I've missed! (*Love* the drawing table from KraftWork!) I've bought so much 'on spec' for a stilt house that I think I'll have to make an alt premium now just to look at it all in a trad... (PS- Thanks, @Trinity1776, for adding the links.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4

I've often wished that there was a blog that published all that's available accross the various events, but just for home and garden stuff (and related, eg landscaping). (There isn't, is there?) Maybe this thread can be a great substitute, especially if it includes pictures (if possible). Thanks for starting it @Trinity1776.

***checks her L$ balance at the end of the month**** ...wait...on second thought...😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have joined the group for Happy Weekend sales to get their updated sales notecard. The Flickr group post most of it, but it miss some.

There is a gallery on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Access.SecondLife/ With LMs. I would imagine everything in the notecard get's listed in the weekly gallery 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arquet said:

I've often wished that there was a blog that published all that's available accross the various events, but just for home and garden stuff (and related, eg landscaping). (There isn't, is there?) Maybe this thread can be a great substitute, especially if it includes pictures (if possible). Thanks for starting it @Trinity1776.

***checks her L$ balance at the end of the month**** ...wait...on second thought...😁

This has most of the events and sales.  A lot with pictures of what's available.

https://www.seraphimsl.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

This has most of the events and sales.  A lot with pictures of what's available.

https://www.seraphimsl.com

Oh, I know about Seraphim. It used to be a valuable resource. It stopped being a valuable resource (for me) when

1. they changed the format of the posts/gallery so that the pictures don't appear in my RSS reader (OK, that's a bit of a specific grievance... and I realise that from an advertising perspective, it makes good business sense for them to do that; I don't have to find it useful.)

2. and more importantly, alongside the event posts, they now publish numerous posts about some obcure store releasing some random item of clothing that I don't care about (about half the content sems to come from these now). If, like me, you're only interested in home and decor stuff, these posts are just noise. (Some events have their own blog, and I subscribe to those, but some events don't really have a blog as such. I subscribe to as many creators blogs/flickr streams as I can, but quite a few don't have either, which is their prerogative, of course.)

And, personally, I still think it would be wonderful to have something that focuses on the home stuff within those events... so I think this thread will be great... 😀

Edited by Arquet
  • Like 4

I do not enjoy the changes in Seraphim either. I still use it, but it is not the same.

It is also 90% clothes and avatar components in every event. I miss a Home and Garden page for only that, and not nails and lingerie. Vehicles could be included, since they can be parked on land.

I am also annoyed because sales are so hard to see in Seraphim. And when I have noticed them, two day sales are advertised in two weeks, what is that good for?! I have already missed them and they ended 5 days ago... ☹️

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few more words to clarify
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There is a gallery on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Access.SecondLife/ With LMs. I would imagine everything in the notecard get's listed in the weekly gallery 

I get that notecard - there is so much content! Thankfully the fb link is near the top. I've often wondered why they don't use Seraphim. Perhaps because there is another Access on Seraphim under Repeating Events? Seraphim's Access is a monthly and seems to have nothing to do with the weekly Happy Weekend Access. Wish they would all find a way to show up in one place; too often I don't pay attention to the slew of notices.  🙄

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
understandability
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

There is a Facebook group that creates a picture album each weekend that appears to truly have all of the photos with landmarks.  I created a FB account for Lil specifically for things like that.  The FB link is always at the top of the notecard.

23 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe the best thing on offer this weekend is the Kazza set. I have that already, but maybe I want this too, just for the new colors. And the original set was no modify, so annoying. (It is HUGE for avatars that's 6 feet and under.) The plant is not to my taste, so I would prefer to delete it.

Kazza is one of the stores that has had no modify items, then modify, no modify, back and forth. It appears that they have seen reason and sell only modify now, I hope!

A couple of odd/frustrating things with the Kazza set:  
- The chairs are all one 'object' so you cannot shift the position of a single chair.
- The chair pillows are part of the same "object" as the table and candle set - which means that you cannot shift the position of the chairs in relation to the table.
- When you check the linked objects, there is a ring around the tree that contains a 'Butterfly' script, but no matter what adjustments I make to my settings, I cannot see any butterfly (even though I played with settings, this could still just be me). 
- The tree contains a script for Fireflies, but I couldn't manage to get those to show up for me either.  I did bump my particle count & LOD, and turn lighting to Midnight.
   ETA:  You have to SIT to get the menu that allows you to turn the Butterfly & Fireflies on & off, show/no-show the mat, and change the textures .

The most frustrating aspect is that with my LOD set to 2.25, the table & cushions disappeared at roughly 22m - which is pretty low for an outdoor furniture set.

The tree shadow is really nice though and has better LOD than the furniture.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is a Facebook group that creates a picture album each weekend that appears to truly have all of the photos with landmarks.  I created a FB account for Lil specifically for things like that.  The FB link is always at the top of the notecard.

A couple of odd/frustrating things with the Kazza set:  
- The chairs are all one 'object' so you cannot shift the position of a single chair.
- The chair pillows are part of the same "object" as the table and candle set - which means that you cannot shift the position of the chairs in relation to the table.
- When you check the linked objects, there is a ring around the tree that contains a 'Butterfly' script, but no matter what adjustments I make to my settings, I cannot see any butterfly (even though I played with settings, this could still just be me).
- The tree contains a script for Fireflies, but I couldn't manage to get those to show up for me either.  I did bump my particle count & LOD, and turn lighting to Midnight.

The most frustrating aspect is that with my LOD set to 2.25, the table & cushions disappeared at roughly 22m - which is pretty low for an outdoor furniture set.

The tree shadow is really nice though and has better LOD than the furniture.

The on/off for the Butterfly and Firefly is in the menu when you sit in a chair. I could see both.

It was worth buying for me, even if I have the original set. It has bothered me enormously that the original set was no modify. Finally, finally I got rid of that plant! I lost the fireflies, but that is a small loss. Maybe I try to place the script in something else.

And I could shrink the chairs a bit, so they do not look so strange. After I linked off the plant, plant shadow and butterfly, the set is 4 Li.

• Like 5