The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

5 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Dunno about the forums but there is a big market in gacha items on the MP.  In fact, I generally go there when there is a specific gacha item I just hafta have.  I get good deals and can decide if those RARE items are worth the asking price or if I want to try my luck back at the gacha.

I’ve certainly *bought* the occasional Gacha item in the MP. I was just thinking about something more informal and friendly, without a profit motive. 

• Like 1

What a great Friday sale day!  

Seconding both the Black Nest décor shelves and the Muniick architect set -- both with excellent LODS.   I got a new outfit too! There is also a discount room at Muniick right across from the drafting table landing point. 

MEANWHILE, did you guys notice that Winter made over BOTH my curtains from last weekend and the "bad bad LOD" curtains for us?  I was SO SMILING.  I got me a set of "mine".   I didn't think she hung around the forums. Maybe just astounding ESP?  I wrote her LOL.  Sneaky gal. 

image.thumb.png.02262b4cb1889a27e77878526cc2fcf4.png

I didn't even have to think about the LODs on this; she always does an excellent job.  Don't miss shopping today guys. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I feel your pain. Been there, done that. But have never investigated how to sell the unwanted extras. Is it legit somewhere in the forums to offer them as a trade for other unwanted Gacha items? (I guess the likelihood of finding something you want in return that way is pretty slim.)

*** I’m guessing you’re talking about BAMSE’s Architect set - one of my alts has several unused pieces from that set - let me know which one(s) you’re looking for and I might be able to supply! 

There are groups inworld where trading and selling is allowed via group chat.  I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but if you search Groups for Gacha and then read the descriptions, that will usually tell you.  Some even allow the members to send out notices of Gachas that they have and want to trade or sell.

Yes, it is the BAMSE one that I was talking about.  When I log in this evening, I'll check to see if there is anything else that I really wanted and didn't get.  I stopped pumping money into it when I got the pieces the I wanted the most.

• Like 2

Thanks to all who have been posting the shopping goodies this week, especially from the Outlet.  I couldn't pass up the cute table and stools wrapped in rope - just perfect to put out on any deck. Table, 1L, Stools 2L, and the Lavender pots 2L. The stools have color changes for the cushions.

72850273_Goose02.png.b067c5d317650664e4c69fbbc8528664.png

Fun shopping trip - something I haven't done in a long time. Even picked up a new pair jeans from lapointe & bastchild (Heaven's, I have trunks full of their ball gowns and Victorian dresses.)1435514681_Jeans02.png.6d85d1d82afe0ab1991292f2b52d78e4.png

Now to go find those window curtains!

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Saturday Sale time! Ooh-la-la!

Scarlet Creative Kent Warehouse - Skybox + Ground Version included

Scarlet Creative Kent Warehouse - Skybox + Ground Version included

This Boho / Brooklyn style warehouse for ultimate loft living.
Open balcony/interior garden and over two floors.

75L during the Saturday Sale (will be there all weekend).
Fatpack of Furniture add-on with over 14 items - 199L

55 LI
Mod and Copy

Taxi (opens Midnight SLT):
maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Scarlet%20Creative/123/28/26

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Also Saturday Sale

From Atelier Burgundy
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Atelier/33/142/21
Architects desk 5li and Stool 3 Li  L$75
Drawer unit 2 Li L$75

They come in a choice of finishes; Cedar, aged cedar, black or white
There are two versions of the desk, one with drawings or one without. They are sold separately.

146386640_AtelierBurgundy_001.thumb.png.d8873eb0e6bcf1a1e4ce8f2d52bf3f1c.png

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

For those of you living in Campers or Log homes (or maybe with a mainland parcel), Moon Sha has a road path set for 30L this weekend. It comes with 12 pieces, it is quite a complete set, and looks really nice; it is placed around the region, so you can check the quality the easy way....

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sunlight Radio/129/120/3999

_Moon_Sha_ Dirt Road Wet PIC.png

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 1/29/2021 at 6:01 PM, Eleanor Anderton said:

Thanks to all who have been posting the shopping goodies this week, especially from the Outlet.  I couldn't pass up the cute table and stools wrapped in rope - just perfect to put out on any deck. Table, 1L, Stools 2L, and the Lavender pots 2L. The stools have color changes for the cushions.

72850273_Goose02.png.b067c5d317650664e4c69fbbc8528664.png

Thanks for this - they (and many other items) weren't rezzing properly for me when I was there and I intended to go back and take a look...

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:34 AM, Leora Greenwood said:

Wow, check this out!  Harlow will be doing videos on SL kitchen items.  I posted a question to ask/beg that she also cover kitchens themselves but no idea yet if she will be able to do that.  Fingers crossed!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I got a reply:  "I certainly hope to feature some awesome kitchens in the future!! My favorites currently are from Dust Bunny & Hive ❤️ Thanks for watching and for your kind comments!"

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 5

Those Scarlet Creative home furnishing fatbacks that they've been putting out with the builds on the weekend sale are a good deal - for $L199 a whole pack of furnishings...usually including living room, dining, bedroom, rugs and lights, sometimes plants and curtains. One week a straight wall kitchen was included.  Here's this week's pack in my inventory.
image.png.5ccfbae30f8e02c1c64f4fc793ed2ada.png

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

My weekend pick is from Happy Weekend and WRONG.  A really big set == some impressive; some should probably be tossed but definitely a good value at 60 lindens.   

Couch is 8 li including the bar.  Stools are 2. Buildings (yes building comes with) 12 li. The couch has reasonable LODs for inside but will break apart at outside distances so better suited for a different building.  There is some firewood built into under the grill that has horrid LODs but happily can be unlinked and deleted.  Light fixtures are a bit iffy LOD-wise. Will depend upon use.   The set also comes with a media screen (I take it those don't work any more anyway but for "show" maybe). 

There is a Hookah that is way too dense a mesh. Deleting; I have a better one LOL.   But again, worth looking at if this is your style. Sure it will come in handy in the future. 

948592592_wronghappyweekend.thumb.jpg.1bb8e28add029feb9c259770f6262c19.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
forgot slurl and spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

From which store?

Part of the WRONG offering for Happy Weekend as mentioned above. Not shown in photo., 

If you meant which store has the "game asset" one, it is in my footer LOL.  

EDIT again:  I got a little panicked wondering if MY hookah (not new) was really all that much better triangle wise and if I might need to lower the li.  So I went to check.  While it isn't as good as it could be  (made in 2016) it IS about 80 percent less than the one in the sale set LOL. So I can live with that (whew).

image.png.df0d1cd8285f58e85f9b37830bf12790.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Part of the WRONG offering for Happy Weekend as mentioned above. Not shown in photo., 

If you meant which store has the "game asset" one, it is in my footer LOL.  

EDIT again:  I got a little panicked wondering if MY hookah (not new) was really all that much better triangle wise and if I might need to lower the li.  So I went to check.  While it isn't as good as it could be  (made in 2016) it IS about 80 percent less than the one in the sale set LOL. So I can live with that (whew).

image.png.df0d1cd8285f58e85f9b37830bf12790.png

That helps @Chic Aeon. I don't have a sense yet of about how many triangles various size items "should" have. Thanks!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

That helps @Chic Aeon. I don't have a sense yet of about how many triangles various size items "should" have. Thanks!

Honestly if I made that NOW I suspect it would be around 7000. Unfortunately a fair amount of creators are making items MORE complex rather than less. So being aware is a good thing. Thanks for asking. 

• Like 2

How much does WRONG have on sale? I have a whole collection, because I buy from them every weekend. This bed, only 8 Li, is totally me. It is modern, but not the dark monochrome tones WRONG is using a lot of. It has soft textiles, but not sugary sweet and overdone. https://www.facebook.com/Access.SecondLife/photos/a.4009079729157756/4008957325836663

144382766_4008957332503329_2693091546888'

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

From Chi Mia,  you get both in the same package for 50L (or at least you do if you buy from the left hand one - maybe it's a mistake from the shop?).

1LI each.

They're fairly large. Candles don't light up, unfortunately, tough I suspect that if they did, the LI would be higher?

(I have no idea why there are 2 set of tags - would seem to indicate they are to be bought separately? -  and there should be a preview below the vendor, but nothing would rez for me and after 10 minutes I gave up.)1329044971_chimia_001.thumb.jpg.e204488d9a99d15d8859cb0d560abd6c.jpg

• Like 4

Mulloy has this unique looking table in the Happy Weekend sale.  It is 3 LI, with an acceptable number of triangles for the design (6662 for the High model), and good LOD -- even with the SL Viewer default it won't shift to Medium until 13.5 m.  Texture usage seems a bit high.  Also the base does break up at the Med LOD, so I wouldn't use it outside, but it looks to be a good table for indoor use.

image.thumb.png.44e714cdff66fec6e9bb6365c4abc623.png

image.thumb.png.c5cd8aca490ec30a04e37c7c46e59254.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Corrected store name
  • Like 3