The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

Well, if you are tempted to buy the new Danika Kitchen from Spargel & Shine Homes featured at Cosmopolitan this round, be forewarned...it's huge (it's 43 LI but I'm also referring to the dimensions). I'm doubtful that it will fit in any Linden Home. I just tried it out in the Lauderdale and can't fit it on either side.In addition, my body is set to higher than 6 feet, and you can see that the kitchen makes me look like a child. And that was after I had lowered the upper cabinets on the left half.image.thumb.png.e69eb91d93fffb9c72b337a10940ef33.png

The demo of that down on the floor at Cosmo is much smaller. (There IS A FULL SIZED DEMO people can go to apparently as there is a sign about that also on the floor .)

So, it seems likely that you can downsize that for your avatar.  No?   Seraphim says it is mod.   It could take some building skills however depending on how the mesh was made.  Since it is copy there is no harm in trying  -- or a builder friend maybe if you feel the need. Agree that is oversized.    

Oversizing DOES help the LODs but the demo on the floor (the small version) seemed to hold its shape fine.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My pick from this round of Uber.  It is "primmy" but NOT in the heavy mesh arena, but because it has really REALLY long LODs. I can see it from the street perfectly (LOD2) and it sits close to the back line of my large plot.  Well priced. 8li so not for everyone but I am happy to see those long LODs on something this detailed.    Victorian accents. 

clothesline.thumb.jpg.352f7319001d9e2d2b74635454bf7d3c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 1:46 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Could you maybe drop a resize script into each linkset and resize them all by the same percentage?

That is what I do. In cases like this, resize scripts is the best. I have used this freebie from Herk's lab for 7 years. It does just the same as resizers they charge money for. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Linkset-Resizer-With-Menu/2958190

I did pay 99 L for a resizer that could stretch individual directions, instead of all directions at once. (x, y, z) But I use the Herk's Lab all the time. It is so seldom that I need to resize just one direction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

The Charm Sofa from Concept (7 LI, PG 320L$, A 390L$) is on sale only at The Outlet. No texture change options, which is a bit disappointing for the price, but it might suit a tropical stilt, especially if you like toucans! 

concept.JPG

That sofa used to be a gacha rare, so that's not a bad price! 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I think this is a recent-ish item from Chez Moi at The Outlet - the Cassis Daybed Couch is only 3 LI, with multiple texture change options for the wood and the cushions/pillows. PG 225L$, A 349L$. It is *very* deep, so takes up a lot of space! 

chezmoi3.JPG

chezmoi2.JPG

chezmoi.JPG

I bought that a few weeks ago for my stilt, but the LOD wasn't very good (mine's set at 3 in Firestorm) so I ended up not using it :/

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Muniick has this detailed drafting room set for only 50L$ - details in the photo. 

muniick2.JPG

muniick.JPG

Damn - someone had a Gacha of a similar setup last week - for 25L Tuesday, I think.  I spent a few hundred L$ getting the pieces I wanted, but still not all of them.  I seldom do Gacha because It usually costs way too much to get the pieces I want.  My only consolation is that I can sell the extras, including an extra Rare that I nabbed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Damn - someone had a Gacha of a similar setup last week - for 25L Tuesday, I think.  I spent a few hundred L$ getting the pieces I wanted, but still not all of them. 

I feel your pain. Been there, done that. But have never investigated how to sell the unwanted extras. Is it legit somewhere in the forums to offer them as a trade for other unwanted Gacha items? (I guess the likelihood of finding something you want in return that way is pretty slim.)

*** I’m guessing you’re talking about BAMSE’s Architect set - one of my alts has several unused pieces from that set - let me know which one(s) you’re looking for and I might be able to supply! 

Edited by Frigga Freidman
BAMSE add
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I feel your pain. Been there, done that. But have never investigated how to sell the unwanted extras. Is it legit somewhere in the forums to offer them as a trade for other unwanted Gacha items? (I guess the unlikelihood of finding something you want in return that way is pretty slim.)

Dunno about the forums but there is a big market in gacha items on the MP.  In fact, I generally go there when there is a specific gacha item I just hafta have.  I get good deals and can decide if those RARE items are worth the asking price or if I want to try my luck back at the gacha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1