The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

And so, the weekend sales begin... I have bought way too much in the weekends.

And will still buy more! 😇

Same! I remember when I used to feel like I was saving money with the weekend sales. Now there are so many sales with so many high quality items that I spend just as much if not more than I would at a brand new round of one of the latest monthly events. But we get much more for our money at least hunting the weekend sales! And boy does unpacking and playing with those hauls feel good! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Same! I remember when I used to feel like I was saving money with the weekend sales. Now there are so many sales with so many high quality items that I spend just as much if not more than I would at a brand new round of one of the latest monthly events. But we get much more for our money at least hunting the weekend sales! And boy does unpacking and playing with those hauls feel good! 

So you remember what you buy, unpack and sort it? And actually use it? What a novel idea for me. I should try it sometimes. 😂

• Haha 14

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

So you remember what you buy, unpack and sort it? And actually use it? What a novel idea for me. I should try it sometimes. 😂

Bwahahaha! Organizing is as stress relieving to me as shopping so I'm great about the unpacking and filing part. But actually getting around to ever using even a quarter of it? That's another story! 🤣

My fiance is just happy my hoarding habits stay confined to SL.

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Me, too.  Then I have to spend time opening things and [attempting] organizing them in my inventory. 😜

Plus, it is exhausting to try to keep up with all the deals out there.  Thanks to those who post here and for the blogs to help me keep track.

Edited by Laurelrose Anthony
more to say...as usual
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:
4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This, and also I should try checking inventory BEFORE I buy, so I stop buying things I already have!

Ditto on the 'unpack and sort' part, let alone actually using what I buy -- kinda hard to use something that isn't unpacked.

I have gotten better at doing a search of my inventory before buying things these days.  

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This, and also I should try checking inventory BEFORE I buy, so I stop buying things I already have!

Okay, I'm glad to hear you ladies have that problem too. I thought I was the only dumdum who accidentally buys something on sale I bought two years ago at regular price.

I'm also getting better about checking my inventory before making that purchase but some things fall through the cracks.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Okay, I'm glad to hear you ladies have that problem too. I thought I was the only dumdum who accidentally buys something on sale I bought two years ago at regular price.

I'm also getting better about checking my inventory before making that purchase but some things fall through the cracks.

The vendors in some some stores automatically refund you if you have bought the item before. I wish they all did that. I Sometimes I have no recollection at all of buying items so now I always search my inventory first. I have tried to be organized in my inventory but still its a bit of a mess and difficult to find things 🙄

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have imposed a rule on myself that I won't buy any more furniture or decor until I unpack all the furnishings in my objects folder and furnish my stilt home.  So far, so good. 

/me offers the owner of Muniick a cookie to compensate for my absence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

18 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I have imposed a rule on myself that I won't buy any more furniture or decor until I unpack all the furnishings in my objects folder and furnish my stilt home. 

That works, huh?  

Lil does not seem to pay any attention to the rules that the typist attempts to impose.

• Haha 7

Extremely exciting news from Muniick for this weekend's Happy Weekend Sale! Their entire Wickman Farmhouse Kitchen - in 4 finishes, Adult or PG - is being sold for only 60L$! Note that anyone who has bought this previously should check their inventory for a free update! (The only problem I see is that the pieces are a bit too large - I haven't been able to check how well they scale down, but for 60L$...)

muniick0.JPG

muniick2.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 17

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Extremely exciting news from Muniick for this weekend's Happy Weekend Sale! Their entire Wickman Farmhouse Kitchen - in 4 finishes, Adult or PG - is being sold for only 60L$! Note that anyone who has bought this previously should check their inventory for a free update! (The only problem I see is that the pieces are a bit too large - I haven't been able to check how well they scale down, but for 60L$...)

muniick0.JPG

muniick2.JPG

This is a really lovely kitchen with lots of choices. I love the oven too.

This week's Kazza offer for Happy Weekend is the "Join Space Chair", which includes the chair (7 LI), the chunky wooden floor lamp, which has a pleasing soft glow when lit, unlike some of Kazza's too-bright lamps (1 LI) and the Areca palm (5 LI) - all for 60L$. (Last week's Studio Lounge Divani set is still available for 60L$.) 

kazza1.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

This isn't a sale item, but a reminder that if you're looking for something bright for your sunny stilt home, LISP  sells this 6 LI sofa (and its more sedate cousins) for only 110L$. There's also a matching chair - 5 LI and 50L$. 

lisp.JPG

You might want to reconsider the couch & chair.   I took 2 pictures in the store, one standing up close and one backed away a bit -- not even the distance of a large room - and the cushions of both the chair and the sofa started breaking down.  Granted my LOD was set at 1.5 or 2.0, so it might be okay if you and your guests always set LOD at 4.0

LISP-1.thumb.jpg.c22b88cff6082bb5efa512e1dcc7181c.jpg

LISP-2.thumb.jpg.4b8616e8da14e3e774bff6d8517c1808.jpg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8

This looks cute for L$60. 30 LI but I would guess most of that is the food things. I'm definitely going to check it out in person because I actually like the food better than the furniture. lol

EDIT: I just checked the set out in person. The furniture as shown totals 18 LI. I'm buying it anyway because the little foods are cute!

Your Dreams Happy Weekend sale Jan 16-17

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1