The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I finally managed to get into the FLF Birthday Bash, and think I saw everything. (It's arranged in a square with a circle in the middle and some stuff in each corner.) I only bought 2 things, but almost all the vendors had GIFTS to pick up when you wear the Fifty Linden Fridays group tag. (Nothing from Consignment, which was a disappointment :( ) I'll go through the home and decor gifts a few at a time. These items are the gifts from Modulous - a 5 LI fire pit with on/off glowing embers and a 3 LI leather-topped stool (7 leather colors).

Consignment do have a gift - "Birdy Lamp - Golden". Most likely their gift cooler didn't rez for you. I had a lot that didn't rez there first time and had to go back a second time. Even then Modulus' cooler didn't rez for me (but I knew they had one as the pic on Seraphim shows it!). so I'll be going back later to try and get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LoganPryor said:

Consignment do have a gift - "Birdy Lamp - Golden". Most likely their gift cooler didn't rez for you. I had a lot that didn't rez there first time and had to go back a second time. Even then Modulus' cooler didn't rez for me (but I knew they had one as the pic on Seraphim shows it!). so I'll be going back later to try and get it.

There were only three coolers I couldn't see, but the other two were for clothing vendors so I wasn't fussed about it. And two of the coolers were visible but inactive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

(Nothing from Consignment, which was a disappointment :( ) 

6 hours ago, LoganPryor said:

Consignment do have a gift - "Birdy Lamp - Golden". 

Um.... I accidentally stole the Consignment gift this morning.  When I'm doing those sorts of events, after I've grabbed a gift, I do a temp derender on the gift package - to help me keep track of where I'm at in the event for the times when I get side-tracked for a few minutes.  Anyway, I was clicking too fast and not moving my mouse to the correct pie menu spot and I did a TAKE on that cooler.  The owner should not have set it out allowing that option, but it was my bad for not doing things a bit slower.  I did IM the store owner/manager and let them know. 

So,@Frigga Freidman, maybe try again tomorrow.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

14 hours ago, Malayaa Morningstar said:

Kazza has a really tiny self contained "box" Tiny House bathroom on sale for 60L Happy Weekend  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/KAZZA/100/185/23

I was interested in seeing if the outer box and door could be removed to use part(s) in, say, the corner of a Linden Home bedroom, and all 4 walls seemed to separate OK and so did the inner tiled walls.  Nice shower, and if you remove enough stuff it comes in well under 20 LI total.

kazza tiny bathroom disassembly

THAT is absolutely GORGEOUS for the price! Everything (without the rezzing box) is LI32  but you can just TAKE various items: the toilette LI2 basin LI3 showercurtain LI2 and several deco items only LI1 each and create your own bathroom in any little corner with low LI. Plus the shower itself: if you unlink the whole thing - only beware to leave the points for the animation. The water on/off thingy (transparent) is seperate LI2 . I just LOVE it! JUST what I needed for my beach home! :)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

If you take away all the furniture and then carefully subtract all the outside (edit liked parts, choose one, unlink, delete) then you get this still fuctionable shower with all the animations (both pg and adult are in the 60L$ set) with only Li3 plus the water on/off thingy with LI2 ... all you need!

I made transparent visible so you can see the parts.

grafik.thumb.png.9e8f7488f4a9e81e6a6cbadc6d5ee8a8.png

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

FLF Birthday Bash  GIFTS: From Beetlebones - 3 trees (not linked together) with changeable foliage (self-deleting script), 4 or 5 LI each, excellent LOD, even when re-sized down. I think this one is a keeper! (Top photo shows the autumn-leaf tree after re-sizing down from 5 to 3 LI; 2nd photo show LOD for full sized version.)

beetlebones2.jpg

beetlesbones1.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This is the last of my FLF Birthday Bash posts for GIFTS: More lamps! Fancy Decor is giving away the 1 LI Dome floor lamp. (First photo shows lamps when they're off, second when they're on.) I think the 1 LI Magellan table lamp from Blue Sky is a very handsome piece of decor, except that the shadow cannot be made less opaque/dark without altering the transparency of the shade itself (I'll use it on a darker piece of furniture), and it is *not* a functioning lamp. However, the next item I rezzed was the 1 LI wall sconce from Llorisen - I copied its Light On/Light Off script, pasted it into the Magellan lamp, et voila! The 1 LI flower in a bottle is from Pitaya - another item with an unfortunate shadow that makes it appear as if the bottle is floating above the table. On the plus side, it can be enlarged and stay at 1 LI. (I really like the bottle, so will experiment with substituting a different flower.) The 1 LI  Friday letterboard is from Floorplan. The 1 LI duo wire jars are from Second Spaces. And, finally, the 4 LI bar cart is from Loft & Aria. The birthday bash carries on until September 3rd, so there's no need to rush!

gifts.jpg

gift2.jpg

gift3.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

FLF Birthday Bash  GIFTS: From Beetlebones - 3 trees (not linked together) with changeable foliage (self-deleting script), 4 or 5 LI each, excellent LOD, even when re-sized down. I think this one is a keeper! (Top photo shows the autumn-leaf tree after re-sizing down from 5 to 3 LI; 2nd photo show LOD for full sized version.)

beetlebones2.jpg

beetlesbones1.jpg

did area search for Beetlebones at the birthday bash, it never came up

It's bee very difficult to get into the event, and I wondered if there was a party going on and people just weren't leaving. There wasn't, and the reason why people stay there for a long time is that it takes a long time to go through all the vendors and get the freebies. there a lot of vendors, a lot of decent freebies, and the layout is two concentric circles with additional booths set up at 45 degree intervals between the outside and inside circles.

• Like 1

The $/("! event... sorry... the Birthday special of FLF runs till early September.

Surprise, surprise, it's crowded and a ton of people are trying to get in in the first 3 (repeat, 3) days. So why does everyone and their dog complain that they don't get in on the first weekend? Haven't you learned from the other 6,354,14 events yet?

A fine statement in FLF group chat stated in regards to the demands that there should be cam sims, that those cost a hell lot of money for very little time.

Just wait, be patient. The stuff isn't gone nor is it any less worthy / cute / ...  when you get it later on.

• Like 2