The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

38 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I think what the Ashes store is doing is allowed, and probably the other 2 stores you mentioned are using the same mesh source, they are not the original creator, they just buy the full prem mesh objects and they make little changes to it, like animations or textures, what's not allowed is to sell the full prem object as is!

for example the ashes kitchen they got the full prem kitchen from this store:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/36804

and what they did is adding animations to it, and that's it, they did not even texture it.

another store is using the same kitchen but they did much better job to it, they added various texture options and animations:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TA-Gourmand-Kitchen-PG-Adult-Copy/21661592

Ah, I see, thanks for bringing that up!

Lots of creators do this I do it myself. I know original mesh creators in SL and the time, energy and focus they spent to become good at making mesh and how long that process was for them.

I don't enjoy making the mesh but I do enjoy using full perm meshes with the creator TOS to create new things. A lot of learning and time has gone into it, but it is one of those areas where it takes hours to learn and create, albeit bringing joy to the maker, but can be dismissed in seconds by the consumer. 

Whatever it was Prince said about making albums...

• Like 6

Kazza's sale item this weekend is the Tiny House pool, though it's not officially set up yet. (I bought it by clicking on the small sign embedded in the ground in the foreground of the first photo.) $60 includes both PG and A rezzers. The pool itself, including the ladder and pump/filter is 8 LI. Each of the floats is 3 LI (if you're not bothered about Kazza's animations, you can save 1 LI per float by picking up the group freebie floats available at Apple Fall). Also included are the clumps of daisies (1 LI for all 4), 4 patches of grass (2 LI each) and 1 large square patch of ground (1 LI). The LOD on the grasses is as good as the LOD for the pool!

kazza0.JPG

kazza1.JPG

af.JPG

kazza2.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
LOD info and Apple Fall SLURL
  • Like 8

Pitaya's Happy Weekend offering is this 8 LI, PG-only sofa - available in 6 colors (sold separately for $60 each, or a fatpack of all 6 for $220). Of course, you could just buy the white one and then tint the cushions any color you like ;) You get two versions, one with light wood and one with dark, but there isn't a tremendous difference between them.

pit2.JPG

pit1.JPG

pit3.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Now on sale until Sunday night for $75 - from KraftWork - go to the web page for the link: 

KraftWork Sienna's American Pleat Curtain System for The Saturday Sale

I got these and am just testing it. Whatever texture I choose for the curtains it is allwasy DARK just different shades of DARK. Am I doing something wrong?

If I choose white I get this ...

grafik.thumb.png.c80785b014879d27e6fb3c6d196b6ed6.png

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I got these and am just testing it. Whatever texture I choose for the curtains it is allwasy DARK just different shades of DARK. Am I doing something wrong?

That was disappointing, it is nothing like white. I was going to buy those curtains, but now I am not so sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

why the Happy Weekend gallery is always posted so late in Seraphim? It is weekend now, isn't it?

In the past access hasn't published the Facebook gallery until about 10am slt between 5-6pm UK time if you go through the timeline pics you'll see the offerings that have been posted so far

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

None of the lighter options (Linen 1 > Off-white; Linen 2 > White; Linen 3 > White, Creme) is a pure white, but they are light neutrals. I've definitely tested the ones in-store and this is what a couple of the light shades look like. You can let the creator know that you think the shade names are misleading, but they will only counter that pure white is not shown in the advert, or in the display model.

kraft.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

@Frigga Freidmando you know why the Happy Weekend gallery is always posted so late in Seraphim? It is weekend now, isn't it? I am in Europe, but it is past noon and surely the weekend must have started in America.

Seraphim links to info from the Access page on Facebook - individual items are often added to that FB page's photos there (or to a Flickr stream) a day or two early, but they aren't made available in a specific album with links by the Access page's owner(s) until 10am SLT on the Saturday. Their choice. I suspect whoever manages the advertising for the sale likes to have a lie-in on Saturday morning. (When I post "advance info" here it's generally because I TP to several stores that usually participate on the off chance that stuff has already been set up, or because I've seen a notice from a particular vendor that their stuff is already available at the sale price.)

happy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I wonder if it is your Environmental lighting? I rezzed this in my work area after reading your post, and I got colors that were reasonable for the names.. here is what white looks like for me:

white curtains.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did purchase this and for the price, am happy with it.  The colors look a bit on the darker side but totally reasonable to me. My issue is the higher LI - 4 per curtain (8 if you use a double).  I tend to go for lower LI stuff in general so that I can fit more in my home.. the curtains I usually use are 2 LI for either double or single.

So I wont use these curtains if I am decorating a home that is constrained by limited LI. But some of my home decors have 20 to 30 LI to spare, and those are ones I would be happy to use these curtains. I think they are well worth the price.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I did purchase this and for the price, am happy with it.  The colors look a bit on the darker side but totally reasonable to me. My issue is the higher LI - 4 per curtain (8 if you use a double).  I tend to go for lower LI stuff in general so that I can fit more in my home.. the curtains I usually use are 2 LI for either double or single.

So I wont use these curtains if I am decorating a home that is constrained by limited LI. But some of my home decors have 20 to 30 LI to spare, and those are ones I would be happy to use these curtains. I think they are well worth the price.

If you have tall windows and have LI to spare, don't forget the 8 LI freebies from Apple Fall!  

apple.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I wonder if it is your Environmental lighting? I rezzed this in my work area after reading your post, and I got colors that were reasonable for the names.. here is what white looks like for me:

white curtains.png

Your white is worlds whiter than mine - what is the light you use? I usually use the normal "Midday" if not "Region default" . I IMed the creator and she told me she uses CalWL to test them. She gave me those links...

https://gyazo.com/2eec2de12241d8082691b56df344fa85

https://gyazo.com/b35836a34f9f6aa62c3472a3c43f9086

I tried CalWL and the curtains looked great ... but everything else looked very light, colourful and unnatural. I would not permanently use another WL just to look at my curtains! :(

That is how they look on my beach - with Midday and with CalWL...

grafik.thumb.png.76d4878623e1e2915e2da574d75e1f74.png

grafik.thumb.png.89ce723e633d0df1942707c51e88be7a.png

I just talked to the creator. She is very nice and plans for an update with other colours and a lighter shade od white for peple with other windlights.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I've got those (found them in my inventory) and they are cream and look just like in your photo in my Midday windlight. So it cannot be the WL but must be the curtains!

I never use curtains, and know nothing about Windlight/EEP, so have no explanation. Sorry. :( 

Edited by Frigga Freidman