The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

45 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Kazza's Happy Weekend item is out - the Tiny House Houston Bed - a 10 LI single bed (with A animations). Its presentation at Kazza shows last week's sale item, the Tiny House 2nd Bed (still on sale) underneath, so I've de-rendered that to make it clear what the Houston bed includes. 

kazza.jpg

kazza1.jpg

kazza2.jpg

LOL, thanks for that!  I am furnishing that TinyHouse on a half-sim I rent and am amazed that anything else can be squished into it!  This has to be the last item; I did not buy the second couch, preferring a tad of walking space instead.  😆

• Like 1

I don't remember these Skyboxes being mentioned from the L$50 Birthday Bash but I tried them out and they are quite nice, all with color change options.  I find it handy to have a private dressing and unpacking room above my Linden Homes and these would be lovely for that.  The one at bottom left is 85 LI which is a bit much but the others (32 LI and 58 LI if I remember correctly) are great!Hayabusa_001.thumb.jpg.06cfffbf8f209c05f0bd556f7081f2e5.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nutmeg's Happy Weekend offer is this garden bench. The advert says the bench (3 versions) is either 5 or 6 LI, but the display model (which looks to be the third version) is 15 LI. To be honest, I like the 3 LI texture change rustic bench (see p. 59 above) on sale at Muniick this weekend better. 

EDIT: For those of you who like tiny details, this is carved into the back of Nutmeg's bench. 

nut1.jpg

nut2.jpg

nut3.jpg

nut4.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
Added image of carved phrase
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just found this offer and there is only 17 hours left if its something you might want to check out. Both these products are 60L each. Unfortunately I am not sure about the prims on the bed because there's no model in the shop. But the chairs are 4 prims and the couch is 6 prims. Feels a bit big for me🙄 but its still cute if you on a budget. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Paradise Mountain/94/203/1902

bed and chairs_001.jpg

bcouoch_001.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Nutmeg's Happy Weekend offer is this garden bench. The advert says the bench (3 versions) is either 5 or 6 LI, but the display model (which looks to be the third version) is 15 LI. To be honest, I like the 3 LI texture change rustic bench (see p. 59 above) on sale at Muniick this weekend better. 

EDIT: For those of you who like tiny details, this is carved into the back of Nutmeg's bench. 

nut1.jpg

nut2.jpg

nut3.jpg

nut4.jpg

Thank you for these posts, Frigga! It's hard to keep up with these sales, so this is great. I'm finding some good additions to my homes, but is anyone else a little tired of seeing "shabby", or "repurposed", or "worn" textures on things? I'd love to see more elegant, or at least new things.  Just my two cents, of course.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Muniick's sales: Llewelynn table and lamp set $50. 3 LI rustic bench with multiple texture options - $60 PG or $70 A. Sewing machine - PG or A $60. Mannequins - $25. (Sorry about the dark photos; no matter whether I use the shared environment or midday settings, stuff in Muniick *always* looks muddy, and I don't feel inclined to fire up Photoshop just for them.) 

I have experienced that many, many things I got from Muniick is tinted light grey. I have no idea why, and the first thing I do is to take it away. It is good to have modify stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have experienced that many, many things I got from Muniick is tinted light grey. I have no idea why, and the first thing I do is to take it away. It is good to have modify stuff.

I was thinking more in terms of the environmental lighting within the store's region. The items I've bought from Muniick have generally looked just fine when I unpack them at home. (The lighting may be down to EEP settings that aren't being changed despite my efforts to do so. EEP is foreign territory for me and I haven't had the time to read up on it and learn what I need to do to either implement it myself or override it. I'm still patting myself on the back for *just* figuring out how to create custom alpha layers so that I can finally buy some new clothes for my old-school avatars ;) )

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Andrea Riverview said:

Thank you for these posts, Frigga! It's hard to keep up with these sales, so this is great. I'm finding some good additions to my homes, but is anyone else a little tired of seeing "shabby", or "repurposed", or "worn" textures on things? I'd love to see more elegant, or at least new things.  Just my two cents, of course.

Always glad to hear that my 'procrastination efforts' are helpful, Andrea :) I have to admit that I gravitate towards rustic items and worn wood (currently sitting at a scratched and gouged pine-topped dining table that has had far too many laptops dragged across it in the last 30 years), so that may influence the items I choose to mention. I think the general appeal of worn/shabby items is that the textures look so realistic, while smoother, shinier textures can look plasticky/rubbery if not handled well.

Are there pieces you *have* found by certain creators that you really like? (Who knows, maybe we can encourage them to participate in one of the sale events if they don't already do so!) Are there specific furniture styles 'in good condition' that you're looking for? Light wood? Dark wood? Glass? Painted surfaces? I'll keep my eyes open!

• Like 1

Atelier Burgundy is selling these office storage units for $60 a set. Note that the two wide units are one set, and the two narrow ones are another. Three finishes, each sold separately. (Shame about the texture on that last unit in the first photo :( ) small units 1 LI each, wide ones 2 LI each. Also on sale, if you're looking for a different texture for a feature wall: sets of metal, wood and marble panels. $75 per set. The display panels are joined (showing as 5 LI) so I guess each panel is actually 2 LI. 

ab1.JPG

ab2.JPG

ab3.JPG

• Like 7

buildworksdecor successfully tempted me to buy this antique counter/sideboard, even though it's 12 LI and I can't use it anywhere at the moment. The white version and the colored version cost $60 each, but you can pretty much color the white version (except that the 3 small drawers on the left all need to be the same color). Both versions come with a white-topped and a brown-topped version. Details on the back as well! 

buildworks.JPG

buildworks1.JPG

buildworks2.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Got a notice that Raindale has put some of their old gachas etc. for sale at their Outlet http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hazel Woods/172/199/2077  and while looking around stumbled across this upcyclers porch swing, 6 li with an optional 1 li tray...for only 25L!  Not sure if it is part of a current promotion but I grabbed one, perfect for the log cabin porch for fall.  It gives props too..399027295_raindaleupcycledporchswing.png.53ecbb94c0149a5de0a20aa4ed88d058.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 9/3/2021 at 2:50 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

nut1.jpg

nut2.jpg

nut3.jpg

nut4.jpg

I found the reason. It is 2 versions of everything in the pack.

There is indeed 5 and 6 Li version benches, but it is also "Better LOD" versions, and the one you show is 15 Li. They rezzed the "Better LOD" version out in the store.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I found the reason. It is 2 versions of everything in the pack.

There is indeed 5 and 6 Li version benches, but it is also "Better LOD" versions, and the one you show is 15 Li. They rezzed the "Better LOD" version out in the store.

🤨 I can only wonder how much worse the 5/6 LI versions look. And, as the Brits say, that’s not exactly cricket, displaying one item while the poster mentions another. Most buyers don’t bother looking at the edit window for items they purchase. As I said, I like the design of the Muniick one better anyway. Plus the frame and slats can be different colors.

If you like the look of this corner ruin with benches for your garden, beware! The $25 sale item (A or PG) must be purchased from the poster in Simply Shelby's Sale area. The link provided on the official 25 Linden Tuesday page takes you to this display model, with a $210 pricetag! (I've used the link to the sales area here, but that may be overridden by a landing point.) A rose arbor is also on sale for $25, and a patio set (each color sold separately) for $35. Other stuff as well. And, if you join the free VIP group, there are lots of gifts (with Midnight Madness boards to the right).

shelby0.JPG

shelby1.JPG

shelby2.JPG

shelby4.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hello, Tuesday! If you're interested in buying this table and chairs set from Old World, be sure to buy it from the box shown for $95, rather than from the poster on the wall (which would cost you $190!). The rough table with stool (box says table is 2 LI, but display model is 1 LI, as is the stool) costs $190. I don't think there's a PG/A difference between the 2 available versions - I only see PG - but the one I'm not sitting on is slightly lighter in color and has some green tendrils. Still 1 LI though. 

oldworld.JPG

oldworld2.JPG

• Like 4

I know this thread has mostly been about furniture sales (saving money) but at times what you want to save is Land Impact (LI) and not money. So I wanted to let you know about Dekute Dekore -- not cheap and no adult animations, but a wide variety amazing very-low LI PG furniture.

For example, she has 1 LI sofa/chair/coffee-and-end-table sets that seat two, 4 and 6 person dining room tables/chairs for 1 or 2 LI complete with animations (and some of them also rez low LI meals),1 LI  outdoor bistro tables for two, 1 LI bed-with-nightstands. I even got a grand piano with bench.. not only does it have some animations, it also plays music. There are also sets with separate items (chair, sofa, end table, coffee table, lamp, etc are all only 1 LI each piece). 

I have several of her pieces. They are a bit squarish/blocky at times but when  you are low on LI and need to decorate large rooms, these can come in very handy.. and generally they look nice. Some of her pieces have texture selection huds build it with different wood and fabric options.

I thought I would throw in a few photos to give you an idea on a few of the many pieces offered there.... The first is a whole set (lamps, endtables, coffee table, sofa, two chairs.) It seats 2 and LI for all of that is 1LI. The next is a bed with built-in nightstands.. sleeps two and is only 1 LI. The third is a sofa and chair separate pieces, one LI each. I did not buy the other pieces, but there is also a lamp, an endtable and a coffee table all only 1 LI each.

This is not the serious romance animations, most of her animations are very simple and all are PG. But this is great for filling in room when you are low on LI cuz you also want to do outdoor landscaping.

1 LI sofa set.png

1 LI pg bed.png

Sofa, chair 1 LI each.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

not sure if it's said already... don't forget to visit the Apple Fall outlet .. and Trompe Loeil ( at the front door often a free offer)

I had no idea that the garden area at Apple Fall still existed within the new store setup and only just realised that I had somehow blocked the ability to visit the outlet a few weeks ago. It has been a good few years that I've missed - I think I picked up everything in that outlet!

Also I went crazy on the Trompe caravans, incredibly well made but I basically cut them up and put the furnishings inside my linden campers....

• Like 3