What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Creators that rig for legacy and say they will update for maitreya but never deliver and then ignore me asking... *sobs and grumbles* i really was looking forward to that outfit...

Although I feel your pain in regards to them not making updates for maitreya since I used to wear that exclusively, there are still maitreya only creators who I wish would update to legacy.

• Like 3

YouTube shills who will pimp anything a company gives them for that sweet sweet Amazon affiliate money. They don't disclose the fact they were given the product for the review at any point in their lieapalooza "review". Bonus points if the shill had built up a reputation as a pretty good reviewer before completely selling out. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AmberWildcool said:

Mine for today is i start my first Topic (being brave here) & for the life of me already i am being replied to in a rather hostile manner ~ now i understand why my friends said do not join the community ~ but i went ahead as i believed the people were kind ~ big mistake.

Now can anyone tell me how to delete it and leave as its upsetting and i am not a confrontational person anyone who know you would say i am actually nice ~ and if i have nothing nice to say i say nothing at all ~ it is a tried and tested rule of simple good manners ~ happy weekend all and i won't be here again ~ wishes Amber 

You have 24 hours from posting the thread to EDIT it. You cannot remove it. Only a moderator can REMOVE a thread. In editing it you can delete all of it but you have to have *something* in the text box. Most people leave a period.

Or, you can edit the OP to reflect what you actually said your post was about (rather than how it came across). If you wish to start a photo thread, then it should be posted in the appropriate subforum, which is not the general discussion forum. If you wish to talk about the Photo of the Day that isn't daily, then talk about that, not how much you love your avatar with self-promoting photos. People read your words, not your intent. It is all they CAN do. A conversation about the not-daily Daily Photo is appropriate in the general discussion subforum.

If you find the replies you got to be hostile, then you are probably correct, you are not suited for a public forum... any public forum because the moderated forums here are pretty mild.

Edited by Gatogateau

10 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I have an ever growing list in my profile but I call them Silly Things since people get upset for some reason if it's... THINGS I HATE

I'm sincerely curious, being a veteran profile reader AND rewriter, has anyone actually said things to you about a picks tab labeled "things I hate"?

15 minutes ago, AmberWildcool said:

~ happy weekend all and i won't be here again ~ wishes Amber 

Aww... don't go away.  We've all posted things that came across in a way we didn't intend, either because we were tired and cranky or because we just weren't thinking carefully.  And I know for sure that I have misinterpreted things that people said to me, and then replied inappropriately.  Almost all the people in these forums are good folks.  Hang in there, at least to lurk until you get up courage to post again.  ;) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I'm sincerely curious, being a veteran profile reader AND rewriter, has anyone actually said things to you about a picks tab labeled "things I hate"?

Most people, for the most part, have messaged to say they love them.  I don't really hate the things in there.  They're just things that make me say...HUH?  Wtf are you thinking!?!?

• Thanks 1

Just now, RowanMinx said:

Most people, for the most part, have messaged to say they love them.  I don't really hate the things in there.  They're just things that make me say...HUH?  Wtf are you thinking!?!?

When I have had less than cheerful, Facebook-y quotes or self-written blurbs, I've had some people comment that "You seem grumpy, you won't get friends that way." or some such. Some of those comments have come from people I know and others from strangers, which leaves me thinking wtf???

Just now, Gatogateau said:

"You seem grumpy, you won't get friends that way." or some such. Some of those comments have come from people I know and others from strangers, which leaves me thinking wtf???

"I wasn't grumpy until you messaged me to tell me I seemed grumpy but I'll certainly take what you've said into consideration at the next Write Rowan's Profile Meeting."  That either makes them laugh or not.  If not, eh, I don't really mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Anyone who spells it this way is bound to be hilarious.

And sometimes even intentionally!

I wasn't poking you! I was poking someone who is quite UNintentionally funny, which, wait, sometimes is you, but not in this instance, probably...  Oh. Never. Mind.

72f40e467447d149f5b1a47b5ac350c3.gif

• Haha 6

Putting clickable links in my profile that stay there and work fine... until they don't. For some reason the formatting just poofs. This leaves things like "My Flickr" hanging out in normal text looking like a daft person wrote the pick.

Speaking of Flickr, another pet peeve: I follow some truly gifted artists. I'll upload a photo of mine that I rather like and then will go review what others have done. ... 

It is really hard not to just close my Flickr feed in a bout of existential angst sometimes. So peeve: All of those wonderful photos that make me smile when I view them. :)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Anyone who spells it this way is bound to be hilarious.

And sometimes even intentionally!

Lol, I didn't know it could be spelled any other way. I'm Canadian you know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.