You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

But if you see your dance partner always repeating the same moves, no change, no matter what music you play - you outta ask yourself why you keep bothering with it.

I do ask myself that. The problem with it is that I'm usually dancing with someone else when this particular dance partner cuts in. To stop the dance, I would have to leave the forums and I'm just not going to be bullied away by an unwanted dance partner with two left feet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I do ask myself that. The problem with it is that I'm usually dancing with someone else when this particular dance partner cuts in. To stop the dance, I would have to leave the forums and I'm just not going to be bullied away by an unwanted dance partner with two left feet. 

I understand that , I truly do. But at one point, somebody HAS to be the bigger person. Not saying you should go, or let them win, or anything, don't see it that way.
Just don't react - continue with the dance as if they did not headbutt in. If your dancepartner reacts, that's entirely their problem.

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
accidentally posted this to early, lol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

Trying not to derail, buuuut ....I just have to say, I feel for all the Karens out there , that are not actually "Karens".  They now have to deal with the fact that their name is now a new hip and trendy pejorative :P

I don't think it's so "hip and trendy" when it's actual use could be the equivalent of the "n word" but to describe white women.   It sounds pretty dumb if you read the Wiki on it, and I don't think people should use it.   One thread is trying to speak about over-coming prejudice but the world just creates more?  It sounds like it comes from people of low self-esteem.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

I don't think it's so "hip and trendy" when it's actual use could be the equivalent of the "n word" but to describe white women.   It sounds pretty dumb if you read the Wiki on it, and I don't think people should use it.   One thread is trying to speak about over-coming prejudice but the world just creates more?  It sounds like it comes from people of low self-esteem.  

Is that what it means? Hm. I shared a cute little post about a cat wearing some clothes and it said something like, I am going to piss in your hat Karen. So, now I am like what the hell did I share!!! ??

4 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Is that what it means? Hm. I shared a cute little post about a cat wearing some clothes and it said something like, I am going to piss in your hat Karen. So, now I am like what the hell did I share!!! ??

Ignore the person you quoted. It is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest to try and equate the centuries of racial hatred built into that six letter word, with a flippant nickname for a subsection of the white middle aged female population that displays certain obnoxious behaviours. Whatever you shared was fine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I dislike that meme because I think it's misogynistic, but it really doesn't compare to the centuries of oppression and violence encapsulated in that racial slur. 

Some of the memes are funny and the stereotype of a Karen comes from real peoples experiance. Of course, like anything else memes can be misused, but I don't like to judge things only based on their misuse. The whole comparison between Karen and the N-word should fall apart right from the start, in my opinion. The N-word is a term used for a whole group of people, based on ther physical apperance, while the Karen meme targets a specific type of behavior, not simply all (white) women.

If someone can't use a meme right, they only expose their own incompetence.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

Some of the memes are funny and the stereotype of a Karen comes from real peoples experiance. Of course, like anything else memes can be misused, but I don't like to judge things only based on their misuse. The whole comparison between Karen and the N-word should fall apart right from the start, in my opinion. The N-word is a term used for a whole group of people, based on ther physical apperance, while the Karen meme targets a specific type of behavior, not simply all (white) women.

It's written in the Wiki about it though...that Karen is used like the n-word to describe white women.  I did not write the Wiki.  I just looked up what this Karen thing meant which means others will look too.    

Edited by FairreLilette

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

It's written in the Wiki about it though...that Karen is used like the n-word to describe white women.  I did not write the Wiki.  I just looked up what this Karen thing meant which means others will look too.    

You should probably not use Wiki for all your educational needs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Well, I already know that but someone wrote it.  Plus, above I said the Wiki was dumb.  Some Wiki's are, some aren't.  I usually look up music facts and who played on what record, etc.  But, the Wiki was kind of dumb.   I don't think there are too many other resources to look up what "Karen" means on the internet, only articles with opinions most likely.  I think this whole thing about "Karen" is dumb period.  

Edited by FairreLilette

12 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

And, since you are a know-it-all with a "tude" why don't you explain to Jordan what it means as she thinks it means someone who is disagreed with and/or a troll.  Her post is one page one of this thread.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

And, since you are a know-it-all with a "tude" why don't you explain to Jordan what it means as she thinks it means someone who is disagreed with and/or a troll.  Her post is one page one of this thread.  

Excuse me?   Keep your name calling to yourself.  Where in my post did I say I was a know-it-all?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Excuse me?   Keep your name calling to yourself.  Where in my post did I say I was a know-it-all?  

Oh, it's in your "tude" there.  Since you know what it means, why don't you explain to Jordan what it means.  Her post is on page one of this thread.  Maybe you could try reading the thread.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

No, it's not behavior.  It's age, sex, race.  In short, it's a middle-aged white woman.  

Edited by FairreLilette

14 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

No, it's not behavior.  It's age, sex, race.  In short, it's a middle-aged white woman.  

it's mainly about entitlement, which is a behaviour.
You should really not call others know-it-alls with a tude, in this case, btw.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

it's mainly about entitlement, which is a behaviour.
You should really not call others know-it-alls with a tude, in this case, btw.

No, pulling a "tude" is a behavior and the word tude is a slang word that might mean your behavior needs to be checked which some on this board frankly it does.  Tude is short for attitude, but means more along the lines of a bad attitude towards others.  So, we mainly say "could you drop the tude man".   And, in California, we use the word man to mean anyone as well as the word "dude" can mean either a male or female.   I used it to turn the tables so others can see using slang words that others don't know only creates problems.  But since when is saying you are a know-it-all bad?  That could be construed as something good.  It seems to me this use of Karen is just another bullybee tactic here that's hurting people on this board because they think it means they are disagreed with by the main clique here.  

Edited by FairreLilette

According to the Wiki, the other thing it stated is this was started by Karen's ex-husband to mean fuKaren.  It's an fu phrase too.  I don't think that's right, I'm sorry.  I just don't because others could interpret it wrong.  I'm not going to drag you all into California slang you could misconstrue.  

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

According to the Wiki, the other thing it stated is this was started by Karen's ex-husband to mean fuKaren.  It's an fu phrase too.  I don't think that's right, I'm sorry.  I just don't because others could interpret it wrong.  I'm not going to drag you all into California slang you could misconstrue.  

tumblr_m0dyhaGQV41r9x0sdo1_500.gif

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.