You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

For those of us not immediately fluent in all things feminist, even though it can be gleaned from the context, I had to Google. TERF = Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist.

I don't read as much as I once did (that is hopefully going to change soon) but I read stuffs, so I'm not totally out of the loop. Feminism to me, for decades has been mostly: Leave me alone to be who I want to be, and the how, when, where and why of it. Stop judging and stop telling me what is appropriate for me. Get out of my head. Get out of my body (unless you're really cute and I invite you there). Treat me fairly and equally, which includes financial, social, language, yada. Don't be a putz (let's see if that gets through), yay Yiddish? I will do the same for you, without you asking. Laws and governments and society should work to the same ends to not be collective putzes. And by "you" I mean everyone, of any gender (color, ethnicity, sports team fanatic...). /me shrugs  Life isn't fair, by a long shot, be we don't need to make things more difficult. But we do. I think many of "us" shy away from the ism because of all of the schisms. 

ETA: Not like anyone asked (or cares) about what I just wrote. Just sharing, cuz I'm a giver and I can. :)

And that is way too much thinking for now. Probably the whole day. Possibly the week.

Most if not all of that sounds pretty good to me. I don't see anything there, certainly, that would be out of place in my own particular version of this particular "ism." Care to submit it in manifesto form?

(And sorry, I should probably have defined "TERF," but I do try, believe it or not, not to be toooooo school-marmy.)

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Most if not all of that sounds pretty good to me. I don't see anything there, certainly, that would be out of place in my own particular version of this particular "ism." Care to submit it in manifesto form?

(And sorry, I should probably have defined "TERF," but I do try, believe it or not, not to be toooooo school-marmy.)

That *was* manifesto form. :p  Just not academic manifesto form, cuz I never gradeated college so I can't do teh fancy stuff.

I'm just overjoyed that putz came out putz and I can say putz with impunity and no doubt schmuck too! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

For those of us not immediately fluent in all things feminist, even though it can be gleaned from the context, I had to Google. TERF = Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist.

I saw it was Scylla who said it, filed it under "Gonna be too technical to work out!"....and scrolled on!  🤪

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.