Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I won’t even put my true and honest opinions on here for the simple fact I know I’ll piss a certain group of people off. But, I think these series of events really brings out the true colors in certain groups and all the more of a reason to protest more or to just simply avoid those people. It also highlights how this country was never truly integrated even though teachers and history books say otherwise. 

If ever there was a time and thread for your voice, this would be it. Since when do you care if you piss anyone off?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Are any of you going to donate to any of those charities?

I made a challenge gift with my family to our local community bail fund, and donating separately to Charles Booker, the black man running against Mitch because Mitch has got to go. Every time Westboro Baptist Church makes headlines, I make a donation to GLAAD in memory of Fred Phelps and make sure they send a card, and every time a republican male says something moronic about women's bodies, I make a donation to Planned Parenthood. 

And since I actually work for a charity, I donate there, too. Hurts the pocketbook a little, but it's worth it. I might have to ditch one of my SL premium accounts, but I'm sure they'd understand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

#2. I hope you like gravy on your chips.

Hmm, chips means different things to different people.  Are we talking about what we Americans call French Fries or Potato Chips?

French Fries -- yummy with gravy:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQGKhyKxEq91Iqqjvqef3CWbT8R958CYOwoqjFQfw1b76BQKnF9A&s

Potato Chips - not so great with gravy:
image.jpeg.74d347d5d71b292dbf4dff4f8624d3fe.jpeg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm, chips means different things to different people.  Are we talking about what we Americans call French Fries or Potato Chips?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQGKhyKxEq91Iqqjvqef3CWbT8R958CYOwoqjFQfw1b76BQKnF9A&s

Potato Chips - not so great with gravy:
image.jpeg.74d347d5d71b292dbf4dff4f8624d3fe.jpeg

Have you ever HAD potato chips and gravy? It isn't bad.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I know this thread is now beyond redemption, but here's some 'fun' statistics for you. If any of you want to move to the first world, I'll fake-marry you for residency.

I don't know if any of the countries on the good third of that list are that eager for a wave of American refugees.

37 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

#2. I hope you like gravy on your chips.

That means I'd have to learn English. 😬

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Anyway... I got an email from the President last night after his town hall and this little bit at the end made me feel some much-needed hope. I can't find a gif of Gianna on her uncle's shoulders spinning around and smiling, but if you can find the video, it's beautiful.

115a9dd5c0b03cbab7f6133121483f20.png.d1d1e42f8aca43939b47eb0d751df63b.png

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

French fries aren't close to chips.  Fried fresh air

Chips are more like this

image.jpeg.9750a4b6cee26b6d8e4af18359e567c7.jpeg

and best served in a butty

image.jpeg.489e54c5eba64a6d52a55879532f1234.jpeg

sorry for the detail but figured you all need some sustenance before continuing.

Black Lives Matter

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

This is my go-to of choice (worrying Scylla and several others, no doubt), and they do gravy on fries/chips and add squeaky cheese. If Cheeto has another 4 years, Canada better build a wall to protect their southern border ASAP. (I wonder who will pay for it?)

tumblr_nhm6ixGZdD1u3d3olo2_250.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Anyway... I got an email from the President last night after his town hall and this little bit at the end made me feel some much-needed hope. I can't find a gif of Gianna on her uncle's shoulders spinning around and smiling, but if you can find the video, it's beautiful.

*sighs* I miss that man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

12 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Have you ever HAD potato chips and gravy? It isn't bad.

Once - the potato chips turned into a soggy mess.  I don't like food to be soggy when it is suppose to be crispy.

Maybe if they had made the gravy a bit thicker and the chips a bit crispier to start with - and not totally drowned the chips in the gravy.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

♥️

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

*sighs* I miss that man.

Never thought I'd miss the "good old days" of W, but darned if it isn't so...

I watched Obama the other night, and was sighing all the way through it, thinking "Remember when we had a President who could think, and communicate?"

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

This is my go-to of choice (worrying Scylla and several others, no doubt), and they do gravy on fries/chips and add squeaky cheese. If Cheeto has another 4 years, Canada better build a wall to protect their southern border ASAP. (I wonder who will pay for it?)

tumblr_nhm6ixGZdD1u3d3olo2_250.gif

I'll have the bison, please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Once - the potato chips turned into a soggy mess.  I don't like food to be soggy when it is suppose to be crispy.

Maybe if they had made the gravy a bit thicker and the chips a bit crispier to start with - and not totally drowned the chips in the gravy.

Well who the eff does it that way?! Of course they'd be soggy. The gravy is a dip. ffs

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

French fries aren't close to chips.  Fried fresh air

Chips are more like this

image.jpeg.9750a4b6cee26b6d8e4af18359e567c7.jpeg

and best served in a butty

image.jpeg.489e54c5eba64a6d52a55879532f1234.jpeg

sorry for the detail but figured you all need some sustenance before continuing.

Black Lives Matter

I could eat your chips w/ gravy or with ketchup........ but definitely not with bread like a sandwich

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Well who the eff does it that way?! Of course they'd be soggy. The gravy is a dip. ffs

Well, gravy is sometimes served on top of french fries (and is good that way), so I guess I didn't think it that odd that someone tried to put gravy on top of chips - until they turned into a soggy mess.  Dipping in gravy makes much more sense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

French fries deserve a wide array of accoutrements.  I’m partial to garlic aioli & chili sauce (the ketchupie one).  

I'm going to make a controversial confession here. I don't love French fries. What I do love is the huge variety of toppings and sauces. The fries are simply a delivery method for those delicious things.

Same for lettuce in a salad. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.