Jump to content

Are You Showing Support for Black Lives Matter in Second Life?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 97 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not as such, no. We don't really have that kind of thing here as, well, our law enforcement seldom gun down people - and whilst I obviously do not condone of it, I'm hesitant to give my 'official' (i.

Alrighty, now that I've gone ahead and cleared out some not so pleasant posts from this thread I wanted to drop a quick note here. As many of you have seen me say several times before, delving in

Thank you for this.   Black woman here.  Of A Certain Age.  I have my BLM shirt.   For whatever that means. (freewheeling it here, went from wanting to say something to not wanting to say anythi

Posted Images

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

I went for my dinner and all the willy waving started?

Just what you wanted after watching Grant Shapps, isn't it?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I won’t even put my true and honest opinions on here for the simple fact I know I’ll piss a certain group of people off. But, I think these series of events really brings out the true colors in certain groups and all the more of a reason to protest more or to just simply avoid those people. It also highlights how this country was never truly integrated even though teachers and history books say otherwise. 

If ever there was a time and thread for your voice, this would be it. Since when do you care if you piss anyone off?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Are any of you going to donate to any of those charities?

I made a challenge gift with my family to our local community bail fund, and donating separately to Charles Booker, the black man running against Mitch because Mitch has got to go. Every time Westboro Baptist Church makes headlines, I make a donation to GLAAD in memory of Fred Phelps and make sure they send a card, and every time a republican male says something moronic about women's bodies, I make a donation to Planned Parenthood. 

And since I actually work for a charity, I donate there, too. Hurts the pocketbook a little, but it's worth it. I might have to ditch one of my SL premium accounts, but I'm sure they'd understand.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

#2. I hope you like gravy on your chips.

Hmm, chips means different things to different people.  Are we talking about what we Americans call French Fries or Potato Chips?

French Fries -- yummy with gravy:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQGKhyKxEq91Iqqjvqef3CWbT8R958CYOwoqjFQfw1b76BQKnF9A&s

Potato Chips - not so great with gravy:
image.jpeg.74d347d5d71b292dbf4dff4f8624d3fe.jpeg

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm, chips means different things to different people.  Are we talking about what we Americans call French Fries or Potato Chips?

French Fries -- yummy with gravy:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQGKhyKxEq91Iqqjvqef3CWbT8R958CYOwoqjFQfw1b76BQKnF9A&s

Potato Chips - not so great with gravy:
image.jpeg.74d347d5d71b292dbf4dff4f8624d3fe.jpeg

 

Have you ever HAD potato chips and gravy? It isn't bad.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I know this thread is now beyond redemption, but here's some 'fun' statistics for you. If any of you want to move to the first world, I'll fake-marry you for residency.

I don't know if any of the countries on the good third of that list are that eager for a wave of American refugees.

37 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

#2. I hope you like gravy on your chips.

That means I'd have to learn English. 😬

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway... I got an email from the President last night after his town hall and this little bit at the end made me feel some much-needed hope. I can't find a gif of Gianna on her uncle's shoulders spinning around and smiling, but if you can find the video, it's beautiful.

115a9dd5c0b03cbab7f6133121483f20.png.d1d1e42f8aca43939b47eb0d751df63b.png

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

French Fries -- yummy with gravy:

French fries aren't close to chips.  Fried fresh air

Chips are more like this

image.jpeg.9750a4b6cee26b6d8e4af18359e567c7.jpeg

and best served in a butty

image.jpeg.489e54c5eba64a6d52a55879532f1234.jpeg

sorry for the detail but figured you all need some sustenance before continuing.

Black Lives Matter

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my go-to of choice (worrying Scylla and several others, no doubt), and they do gravy on fries/chips and add squeaky cheese. If Cheeto has another 4 years, Canada better build a wall to protect their southern border ASAP. (I wonder who will pay for it?)

 

 

tumblr_nhm6ixGZdD1u3d3olo2_250.gif

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, George Floyd's memorial service is streaming live online right now. I'm watching on my local new channel's FB page, but I think it's streaming on pretty much every station.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Anyway... I got an email from the President last night after his town hall and this little bit at the end made me feel some much-needed hope. I can't find a gif of Gianna on her uncle's shoulders spinning around and smiling, but if you can find the video, it's beautiful.

115a9dd5c0b03cbab7f6133121483f20.png.d1d1e42f8aca43939b47eb0d751df63b.png

*sighs* I miss that man.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Have you ever HAD potato chips and gravy? It isn't bad.

Once - the potato chips turned into a soggy mess.  I don't like food to be soggy when it is suppose to be crispy.

Maybe if they had made the gravy a bit thicker and the chips a bit crispier to start with - and not totally drowned the chips in the gravy.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Anyway... I got an email from the President last night after his town hall and this little bit at the end made me feel some much-needed hope. I can't find a gif of Gianna on her uncle's shoulders spinning around and smiling, but if you can find the video, it's beautiful.

115a9dd5c0b03cbab7f6133121483f20.png.d1d1e42f8aca43939b47eb0d751df63b.png

♥️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

*sighs* I miss that man.

Never thought I'd miss the "good old days" of W, but darned if it isn't so...

I watched Obama the other night, and was sighing all the way through it, thinking "Remember when we had a President who could think, and communicate?"

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

This is my go-to of choice (worrying Scylla and several others, no doubt), and they do gravy on fries/chips and add squeaky cheese. If Cheeto has another 4 years, Canada better build a wall to protect their southern border ASAP. (I wonder who will pay for it?)

 

 

tumblr_nhm6ixGZdD1u3d3olo2_250.gif

I'll have the bison, please.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Once - the potato chips turned into a soggy mess.  I don't like food to be soggy when it is suppose to be crispy.

Maybe if they had made the gravy a bit thicker and the chips a bit crispier to start with - and not totally drowned the chips in the gravy.

Well who the eff does it that way?! Of course they'd be soggy. The gravy is a dip. ffs

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

French fries aren't close to chips.  Fried fresh air

Chips are more like this

image.jpeg.9750a4b6cee26b6d8e4af18359e567c7.jpeg

and best served in a butty

image.jpeg.489e54c5eba64a6d52a55879532f1234.jpeg

sorry for the detail but figured you all need some sustenance before continuing.

Black Lives Matter

I could eat your chips w/ gravy or with ketchup........ but definitely not with bread like a sandwich

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

*sighs* I miss that man.

 

 

Damn you, Silvia. I just burst into tears.

Thank god the only one around to see it at the moment is my dog.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Well who the eff does it that way?! Of course they'd be soggy. The gravy is a dip. ffs

Well, gravy is sometimes served on top of french fries (and is good that way), so I guess I didn't think it that odd that someone tried to put gravy on top of chips - until they turned into a soggy mess.  Dipping in gravy makes much more sense.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

French fries deserve a wide array of accoutrements.  I’m partial to garlic aioli & chili sauce (the ketchupie one).  

I'm going to make a controversial confession here. I don't love French fries. What I do love is the huge variety of toppings and sauces. The fries are simply a delivery method for those delicious things.

Same for lettuce in a salad. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 97 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...