Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

maybe she decided to take a break from sl because rl being more important than sl. maybe she made another alt that she is using and doesn't want anyone to know because she is trying new things out that some would have found objectionable. maybe she finally grew out of sl and decided to just leave. maybe she had some hard times and had to give up her internet or computer or what ever and cant get on sl for now. maybe she had an emotional breakdown and needs a break from sl and wont be back for years if ever. maybe she got tricked in to inescapable rlv and cant login because the person who has control wont let her. maybe she is being held captive in an abusive relationship and the person wont let her come online anymore. it could be any number of reasons really.

in the end do you really know anyone that well here.. if you never spoke out of sl.. email..fb..discord etc..

maybe sl just no longer has the same importance anymore to her.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

maybe she decided to take a break from sl because rl being more important than sl. maybe she made another alt that she is using and doesn't want anyone to know because she is trying new things out that some would have found objectionable. maybe she finally grew out of sl and decided to just leave. maybe she had some hard times and had to give up her internet or computer or what ever and cant get on sl for now. maybe she had an emotional breakdown and needs a break from sl and wont be back for years if ever. maybe she got tricked in to inescapable rlv and cant login because the person who has control wont let her. maybe she is being held captive in an abusive relationship and the person wont let her come online anymore. it could be any number of reasons really.

in the end do you really know anyone that well here.. if you never spoke out of sl.. email..fb..discord etc..

maybe sl just no longer has the same importance anymore to her.

Do you know Alyona Su? If you did, you'd know that is an alt. You'd also know she's very open about her alts.

Yes, it could be any of those things you so helpfully listed. That doesn't impact any of us worrying about her in the slightest. Some of us actually care about other human beings and worry when they disappear without a trace. 

Yes, I know people well in SL that I've never spoken to outside of SL. If you don't... I guess "sorry" is in order due to the type of people you hang out with. How sad for you.

Your experience does not speak for anyone else's experience. 

Just... Jesus, dude.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Do you know Alyona Su? If you did, you'd know that is an alt. You'd also know she's very open about her alts.

Yes, it could be any of those things you so helpfully listed. That doesn't impact any of us worrying about her in the slightest. Some of us actually care about other human beings and worry when they disappear without a trace. 

Yes, I know people well in SL that I've never spoken to outside of SL. If you don't... I guess "sorry" is in order due to the type of people you hang out with. How sad for you.

Your experience does not speak for anyone else's experience. 

Just... Jesus, dude.

Do I know her personally no. Have I seen her posts on the forums before yes.

Towards you saying you know them well.. you really dont. because anything they said could be made up if you never met them outside or talked to them outside in voice or cam or some other means. People do lie and play head games with each other here a lot more than most might want to admit or think it happens. You really cant take anyone here at face value only fools or gullible people do that. Has nothing to do with caring or not. Just because you are worried doesn't mean she is or else she would have been back. 

There are so many ways to access the internet and these forums or sl itself that when anyone disappears its either because they are using an alt they 'dont' want others to know about or they no longer care enough to be here. smartphones, tablet, pc, laptop, library computer, family computer, work computer, friends computer.

Even if someone was sick and in the hospital they could still be here unless was in the mental ward, even if was in jail they could still be here, even if was on a trip somewhere they could still be here if they really cared or wanted too. Even if was really busy with work they could still find the time to take a few minutes to come here.

The fact that she has not been on that account or her alt, means either she has temporary or permanently left sl and is not concerned if others miss her or not or she would have told someone or left a notice on her profile what was going on or why.

Again this has nothing to do with caring about them or missing them. People change, times change, nothing stays the same for long. People do eventually get burned out on sl and leave permanently or take long extended breaks without letting others know why. Not everyone cares if someone knows why they disappear or are going to and why.

It doesn't matter how much you may have talked to them here on the forums or in sl itself. You really do not know a person as well as you think you do.

Real LIfe is more important than any online interaction through a virtual social platform such as sl.

• Like 1

And ... break!

Just for future reference, in the unlikely event that I ever go AWOL and anyone even cares enough to start a forum thread asking about my whereabouts, please note, I will NOT be happy to see people - anyone - friends or foes, clashing over technicalities. 

Why can't people just get along :( 

Edited by Marigold Devin
at the point of had enough now children
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Orwar's been gone for a while too. I hope they're both OK. Lockdown is driving many people to the internet more, but I do know that some people are choosing to use it to get away a bit from the virtual world in all its forms. Most of them seem to have benefited from it. Hopefully that's what's happening here.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 9:59 PM, Seicher Rae said:

Orwar just posted on the "How are you feeling thread" and he's doing fine, just taking some time away from SL.

Whew, right?

Missing me, hm?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.