Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just really enjoy watching him speak.. He's one of those people that I could never get tired of listening to no matter what they are going on about..

When he started mocking that one women about her planning a birthday party, I just started to laugh so hard..

I would love to have someone like him around me a lot.. hehehe

He's just seems like such a fun person, and yes he's sharp as a tack, which a lot didn't realize about him at first.. hehehe

I don't remember how I first came across his videos, but there have been a few times over the years when I have spent most of an afternoon listening to his videos.    He packs a lot into them, and provides much to think about. 

I restrained myself today, and just watched the one you posted. 

19 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just really enjoy watching him speak.. He's one of those people that I could never get tired of listening to no matter what they are going on about..

When he started mocking that one women about her planning a birthday party, I just started to laugh so hard..

I would love to have someone like him around me a lot.. hehehe

He's just seems like such a fun person, and yes he's sharp as a tack, which a lot didn't realize about him at first.. hehehe

I get that same sort of feeling listening to Jordan Peterson's videos so was surprised and interested when Youtube showed a couple of interviews by Russel with Jordan. Some pretty good stuff even only part way through the first.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

yes he's sharp as a tack, which a lot didn't realize about him at first..

yeah I remember having the impression years ago he was kind of shallow and only into drugs and sex...he certainly has morphed into a wise little guru....

9 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

yeah I remember having the impression years ago he was kind of shallow and only into drugs and sex...he certainly has morphed into a wise little guru....

I think he's always been very witty and for me, easy to listen to..I feel he's just aiming it in a much better direction in recent years as he becomes more and more aware of himself..

I think the thing i really like about him is, he doesn't talk at you and tries to cram things in your head, but more comes across as talking with you, like actually being in a conversation.. I think that's a big key in  communication to holding interest and opening up curiosity and leaving some food for thought..

It's calming in a day and age where there are so many running around trying to cram 5 gallons of their crap into our 1 gallon heads.. hehehe

I hope he stays on the course that he is on because i like where he is going,which I think he will, and doesn't go too far over the edge, like Jim Carey did..  hehehe

13 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think the thing i really like about him is, he doesn't talk at you and tries to cram things in your head, but more comes across as talking with you, like actually being in a conversation.. I think that's a big key in  communication to holding interest and opening up curiosity and leaving some food for thought..

I hope he stays on the course that he is on because i like where he is going,which I think he will, and doesn't go too far over the edge, like Jim Carey did..

Yes he's such a good communicator, and always relates these topics to his personal experience so we can understand better, as opposed to just going all philosophical.

What happened to Jim Carey...you mean the anti-vax stuff?

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes he's such a good communicator, and always relates these topics to his personal experience so we can understand better, as opposed to just going all philosophical.

I don't know what happened to him.. He just went really overboard like he knew something the whole rest of the world didn't..

Like he had to keys to the secrets of life..hehehe

Someone or something got a hold of him and opened up some door that changed him pretty dramatically..

It's almost like he is a mimic of that guy he made that one movie about, Over the moon or something like that it was called..

I seen him on that Jerry Seinfeld s show, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee..

He wasn't really bad in that, but they probably edited it down some too.. But you could tell.. hehehe

On 12/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, Ceka Cianci said:
On 12/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I don't know what happened to him.. He just went really overboard like he knew something the whole rest of the world didn't..

Like he had to keys to the secrets of life

I watched some of his interviews, and he does sound a little 'over the edge' at times.  I think he's into what's known as 'nondualism', which is a part of the meditative practice I do as well, and also a part of Buddhist practices especially, but we don't talk like that, saying things like "I'm not here"  to confused strangers  :)      Anyway, I found a meeting given by these people:     lolol

nothing live.jpg

On 12/15/2020 at 10:12 AM, Coffee Pancake said:

International study after study after study with multiple  meta analysis on the studies has made it pretty clear that hydroxychloroquine at best has no impact, at worst slightly increases chance of death and does negatively interfere with other antiviral treatments such as remdesivir.

Actual treatments such as Regeneron's monoclonal antibody (cloning a single effective white blood cell to create sufficiently useful quantities), while super effective, does not scale. They can't make enough for everyone who needs. They will never be able to make enough. You wont be able to afford it anyway.

You really have to move outside the corporate controlled media  If you aren't getting a good sized chunks of your news from non-corporate independent media you have no clue what is happening in the world. z-pak successhydroxychloroquine coronavirus

With Remdesivir we have people at the top of the big pharma in key positions at the top of the CDC and HHS making decisions and recommendations. We've seen money influence information and caught these top officials lying. At this point only the naïve buy into a government announcement, big pharma, or other sources without verifying with sources outside the establishment that they are being told facts rather them be manipulated.

Remember when Dr Fauci said we didn't need masks? Then reversed himself and admitted he said that to manipulate us and reduce the demand for masks.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:07 PM, Seicher Rae said:

You are all in favor of hydroxychloroquine and have touted it for months. That's enough for me right there not to engage in one word of anything with you about COVID because your ability to parse anything is obviously too skewed for a normal debate. Reading you tout hydroxychloroquine was a severe blow to my respect for you because up until then I had been a big fan of your blog. Now I see you as a crackpot.

ETA: The source of at least some of what you questioned was The Washington Post and its special coverage of COVID things, with direct quotes from people. It is easily Googled. You'll have to do that yourself.

There is projection for you... You should try parsing z-pak successhydroxychloroquine coronavirus. Consider what the Aussies are saying where Hydroxy hasn't been politicized.

WaPo and Google... both repeatedly found guilty of misrepresenting information and/or hiding it. I suggest you do a better job of vetting your sources.

The enlightened are aware of the basic Alinsky tactic to attempt to discredit the messenger when they can't defend with facts and reason.

Those allergy reactions... Reference... They are real and Pfizer recommends people get the shot in a place capable of treating sever allergic reactions. BUT... if you are going to base you decision on whether to get the vaccine or not on those reactions, have you looked at the numbers?

Have you considered whether there have been enough people vaccinated for us to know the real numbers?

You can survive CoVid. 99.92% do survive here in the US. That number includes the old and those with comorbidities. If you are young and healthy survival rate is higher. (Ref) How many are dying from the vaccine? Have you looked up the numbers and considered those numbers in your decision?

What do you think of organizations that suppress the information you need to make an informed decision?

Have you considered how the CDC's socially just recommendations for who gets the vaccine will result in more deaths? If you looked up the survival rates, you should see that vaccinating the healthcare workers (20 to 40 age group) first, while socially just, condemns the 70+ age group to more deaths. 

• Haha 3

Dry skin.  I could vent about it.  I read my dry skin problem I'm having could be due to stress.  Of course I've been using hand lotions and creams but nothing is working at present.  I have never encountered my dry skin not responding like it has in the past few months.  Nothing works, not even for five minutes of relief.  

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Dry skin.  I could vent about it.  I read my dry skin problem I'm having could be due to stress.  Of course I've been using hand lotions and creams but nothing is working at present.  I have never encountered my dry skin not responding like it has in the past few months.  Nothing works, not even for five minutes of relief.  

Have you tried apple cider vinegar?  I know it sounds a bit counterintuitive as we think of vinegars as drying, but it has worked for me.  Takes a few days of applications and then my skin is soft.

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Have you tried apple cider vinegar?  I know it sounds a bit counterintuitive as we think of vinegars as drying, but it has worked for me.  Takes a few days of applications and then my skin is soft.

No.  I've been trying a lot of things though.  I have tried apple cider vinegar for my hair before.  Hmmm... I have some; I will try it.  

I am under the care of a dermatologist but they are closed now as Southern and Central California have zero emergency room capacity.  I really do, however, believe this is stress related from everything Covid.   Even with an almost relief bill now for American's and those with green cards or whomever, I still don't feel any relief from the stress.  I relaxed several days after Christmas and did a whole lot of nothing.  It was good to have a complete time out like that....but stress like this is difficult to overcome.  It's like my heart is racing from so much anxiety about everything.  

49 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You can survive CoVid. 99.92% do survive here in the US.

I keep seeing this figure, and would like to know where it's coming from. To date there have been 19,161,619 diagnosed cases in the United States and 333,394 fatalities. I'm not good at math, but I can punch two numbers into a calculator and find the divide button. That doesn't look like 99.92% to me. There's also the fact that covid-19 infection isn't a binary of just fine with no symptoms or dead.

56 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

How many are dying from the vaccine?

Is it more or less than one?

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Have you considered how the CDC's socially just recommendations for who gets the vaccine will result in more deaths? If you looked up the survival rates, you should see that vaccinating the healthcare workers (20 to 40 age group) first, while socially just, condemns the 70+ age group to more deaths. 

Maybe their criteria for who should get it first wasn't based on survival rates. Have you considered for a moment the possibility that the epidemiologists at the CDC know more about epidemiology than you do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Malt vinegar sounds better, to guarantee they smell you coming. Like a hippy wearing too much patchouli!

I'm not sure of the benefits of malt vinegar.  But vinegars kill bacteria and fungus.  Two doctors now have said I have "atypical eczema" caused by ....?  So, it's caused by a question mark; an unknown.  The apple cider kind is just not as horrible smelling.  Malt vinegar reminds me of a fish fry at my sister's house.  Good memories.   

25 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:
1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You can survive CoVid. 99.92% do survive here in the US.

I keep seeing this figure, and would like to know where it's coming from. To date there have been 19,161,619 diagnosed cases in the United States and 333,394 fatalities. I'm not good at math, but I can punch two numbers into a calculator and find the divide button. That doesn't look like 99.92% to me. There's also the fact that covid-19 infection isn't a binary of just fine with no symptoms or dead.

My GUESS is that the calculations include the estimated number of people that are asymptomatic or have minimal symptoms & thus cannot be tested to be part of the "officially positive" count.

We know, based on how viruses work, that there has to be a large number of people in both of those categories.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was making a joke. According to some, "malt" vinegar smells like.."feet".

I run white vinegar through my coffee pot to clean it.  So, vinegars et al could have similar benefits....but I wasn't sure about the patchouli remark.  I was thinking more along the lines of  patchouli is musky.  As far as smelling like "feet", nothing smells as bad as feet.

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

My cousin is a geriatric nurse practitioner. She just received her first Covid-19 vaccination. Had that shot been given to one of her geriatric residents instead, she would remain a primary spread vector for everyone in her facility. Social distancing has already reduced the risk of resitent-to-resident infection considerably. Nobody comes into contact with more elderly than the care givers. The obvious thing to do to save the lives of the elderly is to vaccinate the most effective spreaders.

The same is true in hospitals and clinics. This is not so much about keeping the health care staff healthy, it's about preventing them from infecting the most vulnerable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.