Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read the below from the Colorado website FAQ for the vaccine.   The vaccine is effective at preventing symptoms.  What an interesting way of wording things - not "effective a preventing infection", but "effective at preventing symptoms".  Followed by the statement that current info shows that we might still get it & spread it after being vaccinated, and thus we all still have to keep wearing masks & social distance for who knows how long.

Maybe they should work on their phrasing.  Given their verbiage, I'm not really sure why I should be jumping to get the damn vaccine.

Source of the below: https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine-faq
"The COVID-19 vaccines have gone through large clinical trials and have shown to be very effective in preventing symptoms of the disease. However, current information suggests it is possible that someone who has been vaccinated against COVID-19 may still have a mild or asymptomatic infection or spread the virus to others. Until we know more, it is important to continue taking precautions, like wearing masks and practicing physical distancing, even after you have been vaccinated."

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I read the below from the Colorado website FAQ for the vaccine.   The vaccine is effective at preventing symptoms.  What an interesting way of wording things - not "effective a preventing infection", but "effective at preventing symptoms".  Followed by the statement that

Well until it is preventing the simptom of being dead I think it is fine. 

The wording is strange but technically correct, and I think it's trying to make the important point that folks who've been vaccinated absolutely should continue wearing masks now, when the virus density is so incredibly high. All a vaccine ever does is prime the body's immune system to kill off the virus, but that's never instantaneous. It can certainly be effective at reducing a host's ability to spread the virus in the relatively short time while it's still viable, but it can't magically prevent the virus from ever entering the body at all.

Because these vaccines are so very effective, though, I think it's reasonable to expect to be able to quit wearing masks in early 2022 or maybe even earlier, assuming the vast majority of the population gets vaccinated by mid-2021. Of course, if the vaccine were only, say, 75% effective, or if only 75% of the population got vaccinated, then it could take years longer.

Well the result of me telling my sister not to come on Christmas Day if she and my niece were going out celebrating in the days before is... she has decided going out on the lash for those days before are more important and so won't be coming.  Win for me, I can stay in my PJs all Christmas Day and not need to worry about all my crockery matching :)   

I do actually feel kind of mad with her right now over her priorities but que sera sera. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe they should work on their phrasing.  Given their verbiage, I'm not really sure why I should be jumping to get the damn vaccine.

While we don’t have the data on whether or not it prevents vaccinated people from passing it on, or how much it reduces transmission, the significant reduction in severe complications seems to be a compelling reason to take it.

I'm kind of freaked out. For awhile my zip code had the highest increase in cases in the state....that is the ZIP CODE and not even as large as a county.

I have a good idea where it began...on the 4th of July I looked out my front door and there was at least 100 people at 2 houses out in their yards celebrating, no masks. It's been hell ever since.

The other day one of the residents came to my door to get a misdelivered package...I tried to carefully push it out of a mostly closed glass screen door and she quickly opened it up wide, breathing and speaking loudly not less than 1 1/2 feet from me.     *Prays and crosses fingers*

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

At this point, I'm glad the earliest that I will be able to get it is very late March or early April -- and maybe not even that soon.  Time for more data to be gathered, more info to be dispursed.

I just used the app that predicts when I will get it and it says the same for me.  It said June originally but that was before I remembered to tick the box for having MS.   I am good with that.  They should know a lot more by then.

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I won't blame anyone for not trusting this vaccine..

I know I don't.

I've been hesitant to reveal my fears really, as I think vaccinations might be the only way out of this horrific mess of more and more people dying each day...and I don't want to be one more voice in creating paranoia.

But I'm scared...scared of what it might do to my immune system. As in all drugs, there are casualties and I don't want to be one of them...I've had enough health problems.

Edited by Luna Bliss

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've been afraid to reveal my fears really, as I think it might be the only way out of this horrific mess of more and more people dying each day...and I don't want to be one more voice in creating paranoia.

But I'm scared...scared of what it might due to my immune system. As in all drugs, there are casualties and I don't want to be one of them...I've had enough health problems.

I have my reasons which are not political at all to not trust them.. I'm not going to go into those..

But I will say, I'm less scared of the virus than I am them.. I've lived through  way more deadly diseases than covid a few times..

meningococcal disease being one of them.. I had gotten strep one time and taken the antibiotics and the doctors said it was probably something to do with that.. Because it was  maybe a month later that I had meningococcal.. I was in the hospital for two weeks unable to hardly move..

I only knew i had something at first because my knees started to swell, then i watched my right hand swell right before my eyes.. My father took me right to the hospital and 6 doctors stood around scratching their head and trying things like, lets try taking fluid from her knees..

meanwhile I was still swelling in all my joints now and getting stiff to where i couldn't move them hardly..

All my joints had dimples even my ankles.. I thought, I was not going to make it..Especially when they ask my father to step outside to talk to him.

Two weeks of constantly being blood tested every day ,day and night..woken up for shots..the bed alone became to where  I had to try and get up to not hurt so much for it, but then have to lay back down because of not being able to stand that long..

When I got out and went back for an update visit with my doctor, they told me that the survival rate at that time was 1 in 9 people survive.. many have long lasting problems like brain damage and spinal problems and many other things..

i didn't have any problems afterwards, but it did take almost 4 months after being out of the hospital to be totally recovered..

Oh I almost forgot,  the antibiotics they gave me at the end of my first week in the hospital, I had a reaction to which shut my colon down and prolonged my time in the hospital..

The next time I got strep, i said  my body is either going to beat it or it's going to kill me this time.. I'm tired of this thing.. I was so worn out of getting strep to the point that I had enough of it..  7 days i laid up in the bed  with it and didn't take anibiotics or any medicine at all.. I have never had strep again since then.

I've had H1N1 and was down for 7 days with that.. most other flues I get seem to only last a day..

Honestly, I feel I would have better odds catching the virus than taking their vaccine..I've got a pretty good immune system.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think vaccinations might be the only way out of this horrific mess of more and more people dying each day

Real Info

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:

Health
12,504,489Communicable disease deaths this year
471,859Seasonal flu deaths this year
7,321,628Deaths of children under 5 this year
41,011,608Abortions this year
297,726Deaths of mothers during birth this year
42,336,557HIV/AIDS infected people
1,619,264Deaths caused by HIV/AIDS this year
7,911,003Deaths caused by cancer this year
379,844Deaths caused by malaria this year
9,442,166,851Cigarettes smoked today
4,815,261Deaths caused by smoking this year
2,409,150Deaths caused by alcohol this year
1,032,927Suicides this year
1,300,272Road traffic accident fatalities this year

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I have my reasons which are not political at all to not trust them.. I'm not going to go into those..

But I will say, I'm less scared of the virus than I am them.. I've lived through  way more deadly diseases than covid a few times..

meningococcal disease being one of them.. I had gotten strep one time and taken the antibiotics and the doctors said it was probably something to do with that.. Because it was  maybe a month later that I had meningococcal.. I was in the hospital for two weeks unable to hardly move..

I only knew i had something at first because my knees started to swell, then i watched my right hand swell right before my eyes.. My father took me right to the hospital and 6 doctors stood around scratching their head and trying things like, lets try taking fluid from her knees..

meanwhile I was still swelling in all my joints now and getting stiff to where i couldn't move them hardly..

All my joints had dimples even my ankles.. I thought, I was not going to make it..Especially when they ask my father to step outside to talk to him.

Two weeks of constantly being blood tested every day ,day and night..woken up for shots..the bed alone became to where  I had to try and get up to not hurt so much for it, but then have to lay back down because of not being able to stand that long..

When I got out and went back for an update visit with my doctor, they told me that the survival rate at that time was 1 in 9 people survive.. many have long lasting problems like brain damage and spinal problems and many other things..

i didn't have any problems afterwards, but it did take almost 4 months after being out of the hospital to be totally recovered..

Oh I almost forgot,  the antibiotics they gave me at the end of my first week in the hospital, I had a reaction to which shut my colon down and prolonged my time in the hospital..

The next time I got strep, i said  my body is either going to beat it or it's going to kill me this time.. I'm tired of this thing.. I was so worn out of getting strep to the point that I had enough of it..  7 days i laid up in the bed  with it and didn't take anibiotics or any medicine at all.. I have never had strep again since then.

I've had H1N1 and was down for 7 days with that.. most other flues I get seem to only last a day..

Honestly, I feel I would have better odds catching the virus than taking their vaccine..I've got a pretty good immune system.. hehehe

God that is horrible, and you are lucky to be alive!

So are you saying one should not take antibiotics for strep and so they gave you the wrong meds?  Need to know for my grandson.

When my daughter had brain surgery I slept in her room and watched every damn thing. Sure enough, the nurse gave her instructions at the end that differed from the written ones and could have killed her.

Now I'm not dissing the medical establishment really....barring the creepy few I believe most are dedicated and trying their best in their jobs but just like us they can make mistakes, and they make them to the tune of 100,000 medical mistake deaths in the US each year  :(

Edited by Luna Bliss

31 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

God that is horrible, and you are lucky to be alive!

So are you saying one should not take antibiotics for strep and so they gave you the wrong meds?  Need to know for my grandson.

When my daughter had brain surgery I slept in her room and watched every damn thing. Sure enough, the nurse gave her instructions at the end that differed from the written ones and could have killed her.

Now I'm not dissing the medical establishment really....barring the creepy few I believe most are dedicated and trying their best in their jobs but just like us they can make mistakes, and they make them to the tune of 100,000 medical mistake deaths each year  :(

No I'm not saying anything like that for anyone else.. that wasn't meant as any kind of advice for anyone else.. I just had strep so many times and even doing what I was supposed to I ended up with something worse..

I was just so tired of the cycle.. It almost killed me the last time so the next time it's either going to finally do it or i'm gonna beat it. that's what i told myself over and over in the hospital and any time i got mad about what happened..

I wasn't going to go through anything like another disease from it or where ever that disease came from..it was either the strep or the antibiotic.. either way I was fed up with it.. I just set my mind on it is all.. Had nothing to do with how it happened.. i just blamed the strep and looked at it as an enemy.. I literally seen it as me against it and the next time is war.

It was exhausting and frustrating and really pissed me off to the point that i had enough of it..

ETA: The only reason I said any of it is because, I Think i would rather catch a virus that I think i could beat,  than taking vaccine that nobody knows what will happen that was made in historically record shattering time from a government that I can't being myself to trust..

I just like my odds more against covid than them..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I'd get one of these if I could put ornaments on my tree

/me gives her cats a look

45a70590-067b-11eb-bfeb-101fef54831a.png

I ordered one of these for my husband & I, and one for each of the kids.  Unfortunately, the seller does not do the personalizing.  You have to write on them yourself - and I'm not very good at tiny writing.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.