Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

48 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

International study after study after study with multiple  meta analysis on the studies has made it pretty clear that hydroxychloroquine at best has no impact, at worst slightly increases chance of death and does negatively interfere with other antiviral treatments such as remdesivir.

Actual treatments such as Regeneron's monoclonal antibody (cloning a single effective white blood cell to create sufficiently useful quantities), while super effective, does not scale. They can't make enough for everyone who needs. They will never be able to make enough. You wont be able to afford it anyway.

Don't be an anti-vaxer who thinks their conspiracy theories, facebook memes, google searches and armchair experts can compete with the medical industrial complex. 

Blind trust is required unless you're prepared to drop everything and put in a solid decade of academic study "to be sure". You exercise this blind trust every time you switch a computer on, poke your cell phone, sit in a modern car, get on a plane, eat.

To quote Arthur C Clarke "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". So you either trust the magic, or hold out for a personally sufficient amount statistical evidence and hope that in the interim you don't get the virus and die / give the virus to someone (you like) who dies.

On a side note, there is overwhelming statistical evidence that zombies are caused exclusively by sci-fi/horror writers.

That's all fine and good but are YOU going to get the vaccine? I am going to wait it out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*****ing *****ed up mother *****ers are *****ing the whole *****ing *****ed up ****sucking *****head *****s. And then some.

Cutting in with a rando side comment because I haven’t kept up - I’m tired of all the conspiracy theories behind it, and all the Americans on my feeds (note: I am also an American) pointing fingers at

Welp y'all have been warned before about keeping this thread on topic but it continues to delve into Politics and other off topic subjects. So consider this thread closed. If something similar is star

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gage Wirefly said:

That's all fine and good but are YOU going to get the vaccine? I am going to wait it out. 

I bet she is.

I sure am...when I get the chance....unless of course we see some zombies manifesting in the intervening time before I'm eligible.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Hmm , So let me get this straight.. 3/4 of white people will be getting the vaccine first?

That's a lot of zombies!! \o/

zombiesgif.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Well don't forget....40% of POC will take it too.

This is such a prejudiced photo, no POC at all in it....shame! 😉

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

Most of us won't have a choice but to wait it out. I'm sure by the time they get enough for us there will be no doubt about safety and efficacy. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Up here in Canada there have been some articles mentioning people with allergies might be best to pass on the vaccine until more is known as there have been reports of some taking a severe reaction to it.

With known allergies to the specific ingredients in the vaccine, not allergies in general.

Ingredients listed here https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/health-canada-warns-people-with-allergies-to-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-ingredients-to-not-get-it-1.5228742

More details about what each ingredient does and why it's included here https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/12/09/1013538/what-are-the-ingredients-of-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine/

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

With known allergies to the specific ingredients in the vaccine, not allergies in general.

Ingredients listed here https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/health-canada-warns-people-with-allergies-to-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-ingredients-to-not-get-it-1.5228742

More details about what each ingredient does and why it's included here https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/12/09/1013538/what-are-the-ingredients-of-pfizers-covid-19-vaccine/

From the actual Health Canada site it states: 

What consumers should do

• If you know you have allergies to any of the ingredients in the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, you should not receive it.
  • If you have experienced a serious allergic reaction to another vaccine, drug or food, you should talk to your health professional before you receive the vaccine.

•  

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2020/74543a-eng.php

Edited by Arielle Popstar
clean up
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
33 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well don't forget....40% of POC will take it too.

This is such a prejudiced photo, no POC at all in it....shame! 😉

You weren't looking very hard then.. hehehe

Oh. I saw one. Right in the center.  A black zombie!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

blah blah

You are all in favor of hydroxychloroquine and have touted it for months. That's enough for me right there not to engage in one word of anything with you about COVID because your ability to parse anything is obviously too skewed for a normal debate. Reading you tout hydroxychloroquine was a severe blow to my respect for you because up until then I had been a big fan of your blog. Now I see you as a crackpot.

ETA: The source of at least some of what you questioned was The Washington Post and its special coverage of COVID things, with direct quotes from people. It is easily Googled. You'll have to do that yourself.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
34 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Yeah that advice sounds like what's being said in the US, too: Folks who are known to be susceptible to anaphylaxis (the "serious allergic reaction") should really make sure they have an epipen at hand when they're vaccinated, and they should hang out a while afterward in case they need the epinephrine.

• Like 1

I am just going to slip the nurse a nice envelope of cash to document being given the vaccine just to avoid hassles. never will i take something were the company has complete immunity from geing held responsible if it was or likely does make me sick.

Good luck to those who do.

Personally i think god sending humanity back to the stone age would be the best medicine and a perfect vaccine for the real underlying disease. 

Venting about Christmas and Covid. 

Just had to compose a difficult text to my sister to say in a nice way if she and my niece are planning on going out places celebrating in the days before they come to my house for dinner on Christmas Day, don't bother coming into my bubble.   Then I get the snarky .. "well if you don't want us, you just have to say" (with the 4 kisses that come at the end of everything she texts)   I never said I don't want you, I don't want you bringing any virus in because I see your pictures on Facebook every weekend of you out and about and I am pretty sure that won't change in the days before Christmas.  I didn't say that, just thought it. 

Now I am the one feeling bad, through no fault of my own for wanting to keep myself and my boys safe.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Venting about Christmas and Covid. 

Just had to compose a difficult text to my sister to say in a nice way if she and my niece are planning on going out places celebrating in the days before they come to my house for dinner on Christmas Day, don't bother coming into my bubble.   Then I get the snarky .. "well if you don't want us, you just have to say" (with the 4 kisses that come at the end of everything she texts)   I never said I don't want you, I don't want you bringing any virus in because I see your pictures on Facebook every weekend of you out and about and I am pretty sure that won't change in the days before Christmas.  I didn't say that, just thought it. 

Now I am the one feeling bad, through no fault of my own for wanting to keep myself and my boys safe.  

A pity I cannot respond the way I'd like to, to that level of ....

Suffice to say, if that's how she's gonna be, better she not bother to show up at all, anyway.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Have you ever watched any of the early zombie movies and seen who the heroes are?

The very first one and then dawn of the dead.. POC are always the heroes..Because we don't go looking in places where they might be or even asking ,who's there, Is someone in there? then get killed from curiosity..

That's why there is only one POC in that picture, silly. The reason he's probably in it is because he's from the suburbs..

hehehe

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:
22 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Have you ever watched any of the early zombie movies and seen who the heroes are?

The very first one and then dawn of the dead.. POC are always the heroes..Because we don't go looking in places where they might be or even asking ,who's there, Is someone in there? then get killed from curiosity..

That's why there is only one POC in that picture, silly. The reason he's probably in it is because he's from the suburbs..

hehehe

I tell you if we ever have some truly apocalyptic disaster when the internet and bank access goes down for those in the burbs we know who'll survive -- it will be the street-smart crowd, mostly POC, without all the luxuries propping up the suburbanites. Although I think I remember reading the stats on the inner city vs the burbs and POC aren't so concentrated in the inner city to the degree they were say 10 or 20 years ago.

I've always liked the zombie & dystopian movies when well-made -- they make me think of how humanity could possibly survive in a crisis as well as appreciate just what graces we have that are too easily taken for granted.

I didn't see the Black zombie guy in your photo when I was actively looking for Blacks mainly because I have my PC screen set way dark to protect my sore eyes, but generally I don't see color or so-called 'race'. Probably because I had 3 close Black friends in my life, and Natives in my family too (grandson is half-Native due to his fathers side of the family). I know some hate it when you say you "don't see color", but I think they must be referring to a more political perception as opposed to close personal connections. I'm always aware of color in that wider political sense, in terms of injustices perpetrated against POC and what needs to be done to remedy the inequity.

BTW, it would be cool if you started a thread about karma. I think you were going to come back today and say more...did you do so in the thread that poofed? I was having some great insights about it -- it was becoming clearer though I can't remember a thing about it now  :( -- and then I went on to read the Watts guy and Yogananda's take on it. 

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

This isn't a thread about a philosophical discussion about karma, btw. Just saying.

and is why I asked if Ceka wanted to start a thread about it..

* of course it's not about zombies either -- unless the Covid vaccine goes very, very, verrry wrong...

Edited by Luna Bliss
37 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I tell you if we ever have some truly apocalyptic disaster when the internet and bank access goes down for those in the burbs we know who'll survive -- it will be the street-smart crowd, mostly POC, without all the luxuries propping up the suburbanites. Although I think I remember reading the stats on the inner city vs the burbs and POC aren't so concentrated in the inner city to the degree they were say 10 or 20 years ago.

I've always liked the zombie & dystopian movies when well-made -- they make me think of how humanity could possibly survive in a crisis as well as appreciate just what graces we have that are too easily taken for granted.

I didn't see the Black zombie guy in your photo when I was actively looking for Blacks mainly because I have my PC screen set way dark to protect my sore eyes, but generally I don't see color or so-called 'race'. Probably because I had 3 close Black friends in my life, and Natives in my family too (grandson is half-Native due to his fathers side of the family). I know some hate it when you say you "don't see color", but I think they must be referring to a more political perception as opposed to close personal connections. I'm always aware of color in that wider political sense, in terms of injustices perpetrated against POC and what needs to be done to remedy the inequity.

BTW, it would be cool if you started a thread about karma. I think you were going to come back today and say more...did you do so in the thread that poofed? I was having some great insights about it -- it was becoming clearer though I can't remember a thing about it now  :( -- and then I went on to read the Watts guy and Yogananda's take on it. 

We may need to have a thread show up at some point about that kind of stuff to talk about it.. I didn't respond about it but did say I would when we ever get on the subject again.. I just seen people getting irritated about it, so I'll save it for next time ..hehehe

• Like 1
On 12/15/2020 at 3:25 PM, Qie Niangao said:

Yeah that advice sounds like what's being said in the US, too: Folks who are known to be susceptible to anaphylaxis (the "serious allergic reaction") should really make sure they have an epipen at hand when they're vaccinated, and they should hang out a while afterward in case they need the epinephrine.

And of course there are plenty who haven't as yet discovered that about themselves like this health care worker in Alaska:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WASHINGTON — A health care worker in Alaska had a serious allergic reaction after getting Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine on Tuesday, symptoms that emerged within minutes and required an overnight hospital stay.

The middle-aged worker had no history of allergies, but had an anaphylactic reaction that began 10 minutes after receiving the vaccine at Bartlett Regional Hospital in Juneau, Alaska, a hospital official said. She experienced a rash over her face and torso, shortness of breath and an elevated heart rate.

Dr. Lindy Jones, the hospital’s emergency department medical director, said the worker was first given a shot of epinephrine, a standard treatment for severe allergic reactions. Her symptoms subsided but then re-emerged, and she was treated with steroids and an epinephrine drip.

When doctors tried to stop the drip, her symptoms re-emerged yet again, so the woman was moved to the intensive care unit, observed throughout the night, then weaned off the drip early Wednesday morning, Dr. Jones said.

Health Care Worker Had Serious Allergic Reaction After Pfizer's Covid Vaccine - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Wherever these vaccines are being distributed had best be prepared for such cases especially considering the epinephrine wasn't enough.

35 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And of course there are plenty who haven't as yet discovered that about themselves like this health care worker in Alaska:

Yeah I saw that report too, and it's interesting. Also, I saw some recommendation now that folks with a history of such severe allergic reactions should hold off on getting vaccinated right away, a change from what I'd heard before.

Considering the few million doses already administered, the incidence of reported allergic reactions seems pretty low (and I think we're seeing every report), but it also seems there might be a novel or especially rare allergy at work here. Allergies are always the exception, of course, and every allergic person has to have their first reaction sometime, but it will be interesting to see what the specific allergen(s) turn out to be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.