Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I think it's pretty hilarious that anybody buys into the vaccine conspiracy theories that presume a level of competence in their distribution and administration, given the record. I mean, many are referring to the same colossally inept administration that could only erect a few miles of a simple border wall after four years and billions of misappropriated taxpayer dollars.

And the military? Good god. Consider the recent vaccination performance of the West Virginia National Guard.

(The good part of this story is that apparently there's so much Regeneron monoclonal antibody cocktail sloshing around the country that 44 doses can be accidentally distributed instead of vaccine -- in West Virginia, of all places. The flip side, though: how many hospitalized COVID patients will die while the lifesaving treatment is stockpiled by a government too inept to get it in their IV drips?)

This "new world order" Covidiots are paranoid about apparently isn't so orderly...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Dear Goddess, please protect me from Covidiots.  I would like the freedom not to be murdered by them.

Laws have always existed to protect the public from disease-spreading free-dumb crazies:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

This is true, I don't dispute that. But should a round up occur, which groups do you think are going to make up the majority of detention center/forced quarantine residents?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/investigations-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-race-ethnicity.html

The shock for me is that we are at the point in the pandemic where this may become a reality. THAT is why I posted what I did earlier.

Edited by Gage Wirefly

52 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I always thought there were some seriously weird people in SL.  This thread has evolved to prove that to all

Those aren't "people," Cindy. They are government-engineered mutants whose human rDNA has been replaced by that of jellyfish.

I know this is so because Alex Jones says it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Not for me but next time a student comes to the forums wanting to study us, maybe we could point them here and leave them to it

No, they'll all complain about punctuation or lack thereof which I could give a flyin' flip about.  Some people text on phones which isn't easy, thus lack of punctuation quite often on the forum.  

Re:  COVID-19

But, on to other things re:Covid...I've heard some health care professionals are refusing the vaccine.  Meanwhile, on the flip side, seniors camped out overnight in Florida for the vaccine with overnight temperatures in the 40's which is cold for camping out.  Vaccination hasn't been off to a good start in America.  

Covid stress...I think it's a real syndrome and I think I have that.

I also wanted to say we got news in my building that we were exposed.  By whom, we don't know yet although rumors abound.  It's been about eight days since the news we were exposed but I have been fighting symptoms that seem like a mild cold with a little bit of sneezing and a dry throat.  It's kind of scary yet my symptoms haven't gone anything over what I'd describe as a mild cold.  Coincidence?  I don't know for sure.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

But, on to other things re:Covid...I've heard some health care professionals are refusing the vaccine.

The tech who administered my flu shot back in October was angry that her employer was going to force her to take the "untested and unsafe" vaccine. I asked her what particular danger concerned her. "I don't want to get the disease from the vaccine". I explained the mRNA technique used to produce the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, and that no actual virus material is used.

Her biggest concern would be that some routinely used material in the vaccine (like stabilizing/preservative agents) might elicit an allergic reaction, as is the also the case for commonly administered vaccines like Shingrix (a two shot cocktail that apparently didn't bother her in the least).

That seemed to assuage her fears while increasing mine. I've wanted to believe that health care workers have some basic understanding of biochemistry. That was wishful thinking.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That seemed to assuage her fears while increasing mine. I've wanted to believe that health care workers have some basic understanding of biochemistry. That was wishful thinking.

What I read is many health care feel the PPE has been enough.  

As far as my cold and our building being exposed, it's so weird to have this mild cold.  I have no fever.  The health department was here and we are having our temperatures checked twice a day.  I have no fever and will be Covid-tested again either tomorrow or Monday.  I am ready for the vaccine whenever it gets here.  I don't have allergies.  All the vaccines I've ever had in my life (most as a child) were an "Angel-send."   I was so glad as kids we had all the vaccines we did because my Mom and Dad didn't have those.  

A dear acquaintance of mine died this night (afternoon in his timezone) from covid. He had been in hospital since the 23th, but seemed optimistic in his posts on social media. We had last talked 1 on 1 on my birthday in September. Our conversations had always been infrequent, as we lived far apart and I was simply part of the gigantic group of people he got to know from a shared hobby. I regret not reaching out more, despite this. He was such a kind person.

• Sad 9

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

A dear acquaintance of mine died this night (afternoon in his timezone) from covid. He had been in hospital since the 23th, but seemed optimistic in his posts on social media. We had last talked 1 on 1 on my birthday in September. Our conversations had always been infrequent, as we lived far apart and I was simply part of the gigantic group of people he got to know from a shared hobby. I regret not reaching out more, despite this. He was such a kind person.

I know it's no comfort but i'm so sorry x

• Like 2

On 1/2/2021 at 11:46 AM, Gage Wirefly said:
On 1/2/2021 at 11:12 AM, Luna Bliss said:

Dear Goddess, please protect me from Covidiots.  I would like the freedom not to be murdered by them.

Laws have always existed to protect the public from disease-spreading free-dumb crazies:

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

This is true, I don't dispute that. But should a round up occur, which groups do you think are going to make up the majority of detention center/forced quarantine residents?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/investigations-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-race-ethnicity.html

The shock for me is that we are at the point in the pandemic where this may become a reality. THAT is why I posted what I did earlier.

What is causing you to fear we are closer to a scenario of detention centers and forced quarantines?  Although like everyone else I am fearing the uptick in cases due to Christmas celebrations I don't think we need to fear being detained by the government at this point.

The type and extent of power the government should have as well as who is responsible for enacting emergency powers is haggled over all the time by legislators in all US states, and it appears they are only fleshing out or making more clear the NY law you referenced, and so this doesn't indicate an imminent takeover by the government (even though the right-wing rags paint it as such).

Edited by Luna Bliss

7 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

What is causing you to fear we are closer to a scenario of detention centers and forced quarantines?  Although like everyone else I am fearing the uptick in cases due to Christmas celebrations I don't think we need to fear being detained by the government at this point.

It's kind of a quarantine where I live but I live in a communal type apartment building where we share elevators, front and back doors, mail, etc.  However, it is volunteer for about another week or so as our building has been marked as Covid Outbreak.  However, since this supposed outbreak, I have not seen one person sick which is making me wonder a lot or else our mostly quarantining in our apartments is helping a lot.  I order what I need through the internet.

The Health Department is here.  This is mostly occurring as a kind of quarantine as the Health Department spoke to all of us who were "exposed" and told us there is no where to send us if we get sick.  I have had on a mask and social distance and use my sleeves to touch elevator buttons and open doors, etc, so if I was exposed I was exposed with mask, social distancing, not directly touching things with my bare hands, etc.  So, that may be a good thing.  We were tested today at about the 10th or 11th day since exposure here.  We now await results.  Seems some people are asymptomatic and/or many people are asymptomatic, as we've had people test positive here, self-isolate and then emerge just fine never having had any illness.

Anyhow, to further make things further weird.  I just got news my niece is pregnant with her second baby and her husband was sick with Covid-19.  The husband recovered from Covid-19 BUT my niece has never tested positive and does not have Covid-19.  So, it's even possible to live with a person with Covid-19 and not catch it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We move from the super-restrictive Red level to the only-slightly-less-restrictive Orange level today.  

No real change except that restaurants can start doing indoor dining again -- though only at 25% of capacity.

What is Red/Orange level? Is that a specific US thing?

4 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

What is Red/Orange level? Is that a specific US thing?

Just some states in the US - using a color wheel to indicate the restriction level.  For Colorado, it is determined at the County level -- subdivisions within the State.  As one goes further to the right, there are tighter restrictions, and further to the left loosens things up a bit.

image.png.12e45e994fdc6fa1a6f05276635f701c.png

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just some states in the US - using a color wheel to indicate the restriction level.  For Colorado, it is determined at the County level -- subdivisions within the State.  As one goes further to the right, there are tighter restrictions, and further to the left loosens things up a bit.

image.png.12e45e994fdc6fa1a6f05276635f701c.png

Ohio is almost all red right now.  My county finally got out of purple before the holidays so time will tell if we stay out.

• Like 1

I finally went and got tested today and now have to wait 3 to 5 days to get my results back..

I couldn't call work until Sunday night to let them know that I was around someone diagnosed with covie-19 because the plant was shut down for New Years..

So I called Sunday night and nobody was answering but the security guard..I was like, just patch me through to the machine..

He's like, nobody is there ,I doubt the machine is on.. So rather than get into it with him I just said I'll call back in 30 minutes..

Called back in 30 minutes and the bastage patched me through to the machine  rather than the supervisors offices..

So I said hell with it, I'll just leave a message and they'll get it in the morning..

So I end up calling in the morning ,like the letter they gave us say's.. They say, You can come in if you feel ok and go get tested tomorrow when they are doing testing over at the health department.. I said OK I'll do that..

Later in the day I start to get body aches and nauseated and chills.. I checked my temperature and still 98.6 like always..

I still couldn't go in because of having possible symptoms.. So I call in again last night to let them know that I'm having symptoms.

I get the machines again.. I was like Dammit!!\o/ I can't even get a human at my own job..hehehe

Aaaaanyways, left a message again saying I was going to get tested..

Went to get tested and there is a line a mile long.. But they were pretty quick and I didn't even have to get out of my Jeep..

Come to find out that I won't get my results for 3 to 5 days from now.. Sooo, I call work and get through and tell them I just finished getting tested and when the results will be in.. That I'm feeling really good today ,that it must have been something else messing with me.. Since I'm feeling better I'm gonna go ahead and come on in if that's ok..

They said, Nope.. They said, when you get your results back if they come back negative you can come back in..But if they come back positive, you'll be out for another 10 days at the minimum..

I was like, Well crap..I tell her, I've already been off for 18 days and I'm about to rip my hair out .. She say's ,I know, but we have to do what we have to do..

I said alright then, well thank you..

I don't know How you guys have been so shut in all this time with these shut downs..I'm about to go crazy from not being back at work and in my routine..

The thing that really gets me is , I could go through this get back to work and someone being careless could give it to me and start the whole thing over again..

In a way I'm hoping that bump I had going on yesterday with the body aches and the nausea and chills was it and I have it..

It may be possible, because like I've said before, I have been pumping up my immune system just for this and other things..

That virus might have started to attack and found out that this girls got some street fight in her.. hehehehe

I haven't had as much as the sniffles since last winter, So I know that juicing and smoothys and stir fry and everything else is paying off..

Either way, now I'm off for no less than 3 more days now.. I think my family is ready for me to get back to work as well.hehehe

Sorry for the long post, I'm just really wired today.. I'm also glad it's the waiting phase now..hehehe

ETA: Oh also I just want to add what I've added to my diet.. I know a lot of people like to drink coffee and tea.. I used to never put in any sweetner at all in my tea.. Then decided I'm gonna try Honey..

I've been using 100% Organic Raw & Unfiltered Honey..Which is good at helping fight viruses..It never goes bad because it lasts longer than we've ever been able to find out.. They found some in Egyptian tombs that was still good..

For someone used to putting sugar in your tea or coffee..100% Organic Raw & Unfiltered Honey may taste funny at first, but for me the next day it tasted better for me..

I never used sweeteners before, so that may have something to do with it..But it's really good once you get used to it I think..

Just thought I would add that in there.. Because sugar will work against your immune system rather than help it..

As far as diabetics and stuff. I'm not saying to use this.. Check out with your doctor if you can or not..

I don't want to send someone down the wrong road here.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Idiot doctor who advices the US vaccine program asked the FDA to allow giving 18-55 yr olds only half a dose -- because "some data showed it might work".

British health officials decide that it is okay to delay the second dose as long as 12 weeks.  So rather than giving a second dose a month after the first, they'd go out to 3 months.  Because unpublished data from some study suggested it might be better in the long run.

All so that they can bump the numbers on how many have been vaccinated -- because the first dose is all that matters as far as the numbers go.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.