Linden Homes Photo Thread LIVE @ The Expo

Nikki Mathieson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

Why is it required?

I don't know in this particular case (I suppose only a Linden can answer that one, since it's their region), but I enable that experience on every parcel I own because it allows for auto-attachment of objects such as cups of coffee if you have a coffee pot that gives them out. It's very common to get instructions from furniture creators advising you to enable it. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LibGwen said:

In the Overlook one of the upper floor doors seems to be attached to the wrong side of the frame so you have to walk around the door to get into the room.

I noticed that too and thought it an odd choice essentially restricting what can be placed along that short wall (unless you set it, the furniture, to phantom).

2077130330_annanadoreddusty_001.jpg.ee88252a413fb66df4416d64383fbfd0.jpg

I have to admit though after just taking a walk through the new display area I am impressed. Not so much at the buildings though they are gorgeous, and the attention to detail is amazing from the textures to the not-as-curved baseboards to accommodate for us builders creating add-ons to match. What grabbed me immediately is the landscaping. It's so relaxing! I love the foliage, the dirt roads, the rock fence and wooden mailboxes, I love the sounds of the birds. Even as I type this I am standing in the middle of it just listening to them...

Honestly I'm starting to consider bumping my old house hunting alt back up to premium for a while to try and catch myself a weekend getaway. It's an odd sensation after doggedly saying "no". The houses still feel too big for me to use as a house (especially with my Zooby Animesh) but the environment itself is perfect. If only I could pick up all this landscaping and take it home with me... back to the beach. Not sure how that would work but hey, I want the best of both worlds what can I say?

All in all very impressed. Pictures doesn't do the display (or homes) justice really. ❤️

Edited by RaeLeeH
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Ardy Lay said:

I got to look at the cabins without submitting to be controlled by some entity I don't know.  I can see the other houses elsewhere.  Going home now.

that's just a experience ... but i have no clue why it's required to enter the regions. Think it;s a bit overdone for a visit to a showregion.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

31 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I noticed that too and thought it an odd choice essentially restricting what can be placed along that short wall (unless you set it to phantom).

I have to admit though after just taking a walk through the new display area I am impressed. Not so much at the buildings though they are gorgeous, and the attention to detail is amazing from the textures to the not-as-curved baseboards to accommodate for us builders creating add-ons to match. What grabbed me immediately is the landscaping. It's so relaxing! I love the foliage, the dirt roads, the rock fence and wooden mailboxes, I love the sounds of the birds. Even as I type this I am standing in the middle of it just listening to them...

Honestly I'm starting to consider bumping my old house hunting alt back up to premium for a while to try and catch myself a weekend getaway. It's an odd sensation after doggedly saying "no". The houses still feel too big for me to use as a house (especially with my Zooby Animesh) but the environment itself is perfect. If only I could pick up all this landscaping and take it home with me... back to the beach. Not sure how that would work but hey, I want the best of both worlds what can I say?

All in all very impressed. Pictures doesn't do the display (or homes) justice really. ❤️

Do not hope that the regions will be this impressive. I am assuming that there will be many more houses than 8 per region. Let us say 20 on the same region that 8 houses are occupying now. 

I would be more than happy to be wrong, I assure you. I shall take mocking with a cheerful smile, if we get maximum 10 houses per region.

The Victorians display area was much, much better than the average region. I did many takes and abandons for houses that had barely a flower in front, and certainly no water, bridges and swimming ducks.

I was prepared for it, and even paid a new alt when the first had tried in vain to get something more impressive. 

It is not wrong to show the best, and I shall be the first to say that some regions are just as impressive as the showcase. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I noticed that too and thought it an odd choice essentially restricting what can be placed along that short wall (unless you set it to phantom).

Maybe it is not too late to turn the door, mr. Script maestro is that you? @Quartz Mole?

If someone should change the door this late, would it be too much work?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would think it shouldn't be. Since its rezzed (the home model) for a region parcel location via communication between scripts. They'd have to take the original Log home out, fix the error of the door's placement and swing direction then put it back into the main rez object location and that should fix it.  Not saying its a 5 minute fix either. It would take a little bit of time, but I believe it'd be worth it to fix the error now rather than later. 

I have lived in SL homes with this similar problem and it was a huge headache.  I believe those boxes way up in the sky on each region is the master communication device for each region that relays the information to the parcels upon request for a house model to be rezzed to its location.   I could also be very wrong in this. 🤔  Perhaps @Quartz Mole can answer the question about this building error?  To anyone that is in RL home construction, this would drive them absolutely nuts, but its done even in real like homes, too. Yikes!

You'd have to put in a door stop catch in RL, to prevent the door from swinging open and punching a hole into the wall, from the door knob, when mounted on the other side. 🙄

Edited by PrudenceAnton

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Do not hope that the regions will be this impressive. I am assuming that there will be many more houses than 8 per region. Let us say 20 on the same region that 8 houses are occupying now. 

I would be more than happy to be wrong, I assure you. I shall take mocking with a cheerful smile, if we get maximum 10 houses per region.

The Victorians display area was much, much better than the average region. I did many takes and abandons for houses that had barely a flower in front, and certainly no water, bridges and swimming ducks.

I was prepared for it, and even paid a new alt when the first had tried in vain to get something more impressive. 

It is not wrong to show the best, and I shall be the first to say that some regions are just as impressive as the showcase. 

^ Fair points that I can't really argue against anything you've said. With logic like that @Marianne Little you should have been a lawyer. 🤔

(I'm joking about that last part of course, but you still make perfect sense!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

You'd have to put in a door stop catch in RL, to prevent the door from swinging open and punching a hole into the wall, from the door knob, when mounted on the other side. 🙄

Doorstop?  Cat toy too, of it's one of those wobbly springs I advise against.  That noise when you are trying to sleep.....   argh!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe it is not too late to turn the door, mr. Script maestro is that you? @Quartz Mole?

If someone should change the door this late, would it be too much work?

In a RL house wouldn't the door hinge be on the other side?  It could have been simply a judgement call during construction:  Door blocks short wall, or door blocks part of longer wall.  If these will be anything like the Vic release, there may already be hundreds, nay Thousands of these already parked on a Linden cloud waiting to splash down on a continent near you. 

4 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

In a RL house wouldn't the door hinge be on the other side?  It could have been simply a judgement call during construction:  Door blocks short wall, or door blocks part of longer wall.  If these will be anything like the Vic release, there may already be hundreds, nay Thousands of these already parked on a Linden cloud waiting to splash down on a continent near you. 

They most likely are and we'll just end up face planting our noses into the door each time we enter that room.  😵
giphy.gif.a54b24b797e371041f2c8c70d9645171.gif

• Haha 5

I've just gone through all (most?) the show homes, and ooohhh, they are fantastic! It was such an inspiration. Thank you to all who planned, organised and took part, I bet it was a lot of work!
Is there maybe a Flickr group that collects pictures of the various homes for posterity? It would be such a shame if those wonderful decor ideas were lost forever... Sorry, been away from the forums for a while, I couldn't see anything obvious on the first page, though I'll admit I didn't check page two. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I was just told in Belli chat that the demo homes will be up at the expo through the 23rd?  @Nikki Mathieson , can you confirm?  I want to go through them again and touch up my notecard of hints :)

Nice. 

I figured they'd be gone at the end of this week, so I popped back over today and took some quick snapshots of everything inside and out, in case I didn't fully understand some of my notes later.  I figure between the pictures and the style cards, I should be able to decipher my scribbles even months from now.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.