Nikki Mathieson

Linden Homes Photo Thread LIVE @ The Expo

I would love a log cabin theme.  Something as far from tropical beach themes as possible.  Mountains high enough to have a tree/snow line (especially if the snow line changed seasonally - I can dream), cliffs with views of mountain valleys, evergreens and mountain streams.  I get a taste of that with the full region parks by the continental divide, but it's just surrounded by traditional box homes and manicured hedges.  I want something wild!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You know, it's funny, I'm really not excited about whatever the new theme will be.   Perhaps it's because there's been no sign of excitement from Patch or the Moles? 

Maybe there have been hints and no one has caught on? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I would love a log cabin theme.  Something as far from tropical beach themes as possible.

I would like just the opposite. A real tropical theme, with tropical plants all over the place and suitable modern open plan houses there. I live in cold country. That's why I would like something totally different in SL Warm lush tropics would be my dream place. 🌴 ❤️ 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coby Foden said:

I would like just the opposite. A real tropical theme, with tropical plants all over the place and suitable modern open plan houses there. I live in cold country. That's why I would like something totally different in SL Warm lush tropics would be my dream place. 🌴 ❤️ 🙂

I could go for that too :) 

3 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I live on a mountain in RL and I want one in SL, too.  Sand is awful, sun even worse.  It's hot, poisonous, and way too bright.  Give me fog and 55F any day. 

Everywhere I go in SL I feel glorifies the beach.  Ugh...  Just no.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
spelling, commas, extra word. The usual

Tropical would be a dream to me. I have an inventory full of flamingos. Can't well place them on a Victorian front yard - someone is bond to AR me for that 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Christhiana said:

That's way beyond the subtlety of a hint :D

Okay, what do you see here as a hint that I'm missing?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Okay, what do you see here as a hint that I'm missing?  

First thought was he just needs a bicycle, and helmet! Or he's listening to the footy... 

• Haha 2

If it's intended as a clue rather than simply an expression of excitement, the film is Burn After Reading, a comedy involving spies, a sexchair and the Hardbodies Fitness Center ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

the film is Burn After Reading, a comedy involving spies, a sexchair and the Hardbodies Fitness Center ;) 

LOL!  Now, now, you make it sound like a skin flick.  It's a Coen Brother's film, with a great cast featuring Brad Pitt, George Clooney, lalala. The film is such a completely random comedy (way beyond zany) that I find it hard to construe this as a hint, looks more like an expression of (possibly misguided) enthusiasm.

Wikipedia gives us this as the ending of the film:

Palmer and his director try to understand and make sense of all the events that have happened. They conclude that there appears to be no lesson for the agency to learn from the events. "I guess we learned not to do it again," the director says, despite not knowing exactly what they did, and closes the file.

I guess that others are right, Patch & co have learned not to give hints!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Perhaps it's because there's been no sign of excitement from Patch or the Moles?

Patch could simply be posting as a kind of response to this?

If not...you are very mean @Patch Linden to tease us so and leave us hanging! 😁 😊

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I live on a mountain in RL and I want one in SL, too.  Sand is awful, sun even worse.  It's hot, poisonous, and way too bright.  Give me fog and 55F any day. 

Everywhere I go in SL I feel glorifies the beach.  Ugh...  Just no.

Yes, I guess that's what pops easily first into mind about tropical theme. But actually there are lots of different tropical scenes, it's not bright hot sandy beaches only.

Like in the picture below - tropical foggy valley and mountains. Might be warmer than 55 F in the valley though. Probably not hot up in the mountains.
I would love to see various tropical scene regions in SL - beaches, forests, valleys, and mountains.
We don't have tropical Linden home regions yet. All what we have are colder region types.

2020-02-19_tropical-mountain-scene.thumb.jpg.421dfbd35d43793f59faa5e20981eb38.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Yes, I guess that's what pops easily first into mind about tropical theme. But actually there are lots of different tropical scenes, it's not bright hot sandy beaches only.

Like in the picture below - tropical foggy valley and mountains. Might be warmer than 55 F in the valley though. Probably not hot up in the mountains.
I would love to see various tropical scene regions in SL - beaches, forests, valleys, and mountains.
We don't have tropical Linden home regions yet. All what we have are colder region types.

I would like to see a rainforest type of theme, like the (sadly gone now) Lago de Prata! Something tropical and warm doesn't have to be all beach and cabanas (not that there's anything wrong with that...). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Patch said this earlier in the Bellisseria Citizens chat:

[10:58] Patch Linden: I've dropped hints all over the place, including one in a region, I guess they're just so good that you can't figure them out :)

So I guess we missed numerous clues and should start looking around :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Christhiana said:

Patch said this earlier in the Bellisseria Citizens chat:

[10:58] Patch Linden: I've dropped hints all over the place, including one in a region,

Huh? There's a hint in a region?

Okay, @Coby Foden and @Sylvia Tamalyn, I suppose tropical could be okay if it's not just beach and palm trees.  I just took this at the expo.  That is lush enough to be acceptable, but you can keep your pSnapshot_001.thumb.png.c82d69974adfa9a785e66a3412a4c495.pngoisonous critters to yourselves. I'm not sure if they would offer us huts or treehouses.

• Like 3