I’m curious how many of you posting here are actually still active in SL?

Fauve Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I log in every day, since a bit more than 13 years (1st avie is a bit older as i am). While i am logged in basically all day long, i have started to be also a lot afk ... doing photoshop, reading, building or just sitting in a corner while IMing with good friends. I have started to become a bit jaded and try to stay away more and more, reading a book instead of profiles 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm really active in SL. As in I stay logged in 24/7.

Proof: you can send me a IM any time and I will receive it.†

† TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR CARRIER FOR ANY CHARGES THAT MAY BE ASSESSED. NOT AVAILABLE IN ALL REGIONS. OFFER NOT VALID WHEN MY INTERNET IS DOWN, DURING ROLLING RESTARTS, REGION CRASHES, OR GRIEFER ATTACKS.

• Haha 4

When I first started SL I used to spend 12-18 hours (not kidding!) a day in SL. I can't do that anymore. It did lose a good bit of the appeal it had for me over the years. One day I just stopped logging in without even really thinking about it. For 5 years. Then something happened and I decided to try again. About a month after that, I got hit with a diagnosis I never in a million years would have expected to hear and the other half had a really bad heart attack. So it's been hit and miss since. It's been about a month since my last log in. At the moment I'm trying to decide which is more appealing for today, SL or Sims 4. On the other hand, why not both? Since all I do in SL is build and I've started a rather large build project in the Sims 4.

Decisions, decisions. insanity.gif.392d798c83ff9a3efd7fe820db77acdb.gif

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Celestiall Nightfire said:

RL took priority for quite a while, and my logged inworld time was greatly reduced.  Such is life. We prioritize. 

I did log-in as recently as yesterday, and had fun.  So, might try to pop inworld more often. 

/me lays out the red carpet 

• Like 2

I'm in-world quite often these days. I've stayed pretty active since 2007 in fact, with a few relatively brief hiatuses here and there. I've kept candles burning for a few old friends who wandered off. It's not as spectacular as @Madelaine McMasters' method, I know. But a little dribbled wax is way easier to clean up than the charred morass she tends to leave behind.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, CheriColette said:

I log into SL most days.

We need someway here to make a poll and see the results, that would be fun. I wonder where I should ask for this forum feature. 

Use the SL JIRA to file a feature request.

It will ask what the feature should be like, how the community would use it, and provide as much WHY as you can think up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

One day I just stopped logging in without even really thinking about it. For 5 years.

I did something similar, though in my case it was because I was mainly playing World of Warcraft instead. I didn't even notice how long I'd been away from SL until I did one of those "post pics of how your avatar's changed over the years" challenges and I discovered gaps; I have no pics at all from 2013 or 2015, and only a handful from one month in 2014.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I did something similar, though in my case it was because I was mainly playing World of Warcraft instead. I didn't even notice how long I'd been away from SL until I did one of those "post pics of how your avatar's changed over the years" challenges and I discovered gaps; I have no pics at all from 2013 or 2015, and only a handful from one month in 2014.

That was about the time I stopped logging in. Two deaths in the family less than a year apart, one of which was my dad.

I boxed up most of my snaps. I keep putting off going through them to organize and label them so I know wtfreak they are. lol

• Sad 2

I'm mostly online to supplement my main roleplay in ArmA 3 with character and situational photoshots. Pretty much all important main characters to my story lines were recreated as SL avatars. This actually lead to a company of 3 female and 10 male characters, with the gentlemen refusing to look elsewhere inworld ... what a shame. Oh, and a NPC dog.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 3:48 AM, Celestiall Nightfire said:

RL took priority for quite a while, and my logged inworld time was greatly reduced.  Such is life. We prioritize. 

I did log-in as recently as yesterday, and had fun.  So, might try to pop inworld more often. 

Yay!  Celestial!  I do miss Pleasure Bound!

On 1/22/2020 at 11:02 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

At the moment I'm trying to decide which is more appealing for today, SL or Sims 4. 

Forgive me if you already know, but if you like The Sims 4, you'll love GrayStillPlays on YouTube. 

23 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Forgive me if you already know, but if you like The Sims 4, you'll love GrayStillPlays on YouTube. 

I've been playing The Sims since 2000, yet, I've never heard of this GrayStillPlays. Probably because I don't watch Sims vids. But I did take a peek and thanks but no thanks. I have aging turned off for a reason. :$

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I've been playing The Sims since 2000, yet, I've never heard of this GrayStillPlays. Probably because I don't watch Sims vids. But I did take a peek and thanks but no thanks. I have aging turned off for a reason. :$

Ageing? Don't think I've seen that one. He just does stuff like build houses with 2000 rooms, remove all the bathrooms and so on. Plus he names all the cats after internal organs (the main one is called Spleens, or is it Tonsils?). I've never played the Sims, maybe that's why I find it funny. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.