And so it begins sky litter over the new trad and campers

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

we all know the tos and how far up to place our sky items ,,,, at first i  thought o noo,,,, one of my items bounced and so i tp up and nope /  not mine a neighbors  and way below limit ,,,, so do you just im the  neighbor so they will not get in trouble or what to do when trying to live a quiet peaceful life .  

Edited by roseelvira
grrr

could always try a polite IM or notecard that quotes the part of the cov about height restrictions first. Some people are unaware. Some don't even realize the Covenant tab exists. Some are new. 

Then there are those that are fully aware and just don't think rules apply to them. If they choose to take offense or ignore, then AR the item and let LL deal with them.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

,,,, so do you just im the  neighbor so they will not get in trouble

no IM, direct  AR, ad tomorrow again till it's gone .. Lindens made the covenant and even tightened it after some time, let them clean the things.
If you IM you'r the one that gets the mad neighbour.. with AR it can be anybody.

• Like 5

I've been living in Belli since the very first day it went live. I've contacted many a resident about covenant infractions. In all but one case the person IM'd me right back and thanked me for the information and took care of the problem as we were speaking. In the one case where the person never responded they did remedy the situation with a correction. I would highly recommend simply messaging the person before you AR them. Belli has new rules and many are not aware and are thankful when you point them to the rules. AR doesn't need to be your first knee jerk reaction. If you don't get the results with a message then by all means AR the problem.

• Like 10

If you're someone who can easily breezily send that IM without a second thought, power to you and congratulations on being well-adjusted. To me, despite the aggressiveness of the phrase itself, an "abuse report" is the most neutral method for both parties. Maybe it isn't the most neighborly but I don't subscribe to the idea that it represents a momentous act against a fellow resident. Right click and report the object itself. If found in violation the object will be returned. Its owner won't go to SL jail. 

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 8

15 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

If you're someone who can easily breezily send that IM

i am with you on this

do what works best for ourselves. Some people find it easy enough to drop a message on their neighbour.  Others find that difficult and when so then is ok to have the Linden land support team take care it

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i am with you on this

do what works best for ourselves. Some people find it easy enough to drop a message on their neighbour.  Others find that difficult and when so then is ok to have the Linden land support team take care it

Adds her agreement.  Life is too short to get into a fight with a neighbour.  We all know there are some nutters  crazies unstable  people in SL who don't react well to being told they are doing something wrong.  AR and let LL deal with it rather than spend your days worried your neighbour is going to go bat***** crazy on you.  They will have no idea who reported it

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've been living in Belli since the very first day it went live. I've contacted many a resident about covenant infractions. In all but one case the person IM'd me right back and thanked me for the information and took care of the problem as we were speaking. In the one case where the person never responded they did remedy the situation with a correction. I would highly recommend simply messaging the person before you AR them. Belli has new rules and many are not aware and are thankful when you point them to the rules. AR doesn't need to be your first knee jerk reaction. If you don't get the results with a message then by all means AR the problem.

I do feel nervous sending messages, and have only sent a small number, but like Blush I've not had a negative comeback, and got thanks.

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

We are know there are some nutters  crazies unstable  people in SL who don't react well to being told they are doing something wrong.

As in real life! Reaching out can be a risk, but who knows, you might end up feeling like you know your neighbours a little better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

The only problem with this is if they are a holes about it and you go to AR them,  then they know that you are the one that AR'd them.  This is how many  fights start with  a neighbor.  I don't see AR's as a knee jerk reaction, but that is just me.    At the end of the day people have to do what is most comfortable for them and I am glad that you reaching out direct worked for you :) .  Some I am sure have had bad experiences with previous neighbors and most likely just prefer to AR and there is nothing wrong with that either.

With that said I have no problem with anyone IMing me about something on my parcel and I would never make their life miserable or be rude about it and if someone chooses to just AR it then I am fine with that too.  It's not personal and they have every right to AR me if they think I am breaking the covenant.  If i didn't agree with what they were asking me to remove I would tell them myself to AR it and let LL decide if it was that important to me. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, roseelvira said:

we all know the tos and how far up to place our sky items ,,,, at first i  thought o noo,,,, one of my items bounced and so i tp up and nope /  not mine a neighbors  and way below limit ,,,, so do you just im the  neighbor so they will not get in trouble or what to do when trying to live a quiet peaceful life .  

I think it depends somewhat on what was up there. There are some bad physics in some of the traditionals for sure (maybe in some of the other styles too) that cause things to rez outside the roof.  Sound more like this was higher than that though. If it looks like an item "gone astray" I have IMed the person as they didn't know.  IF it looks like someone's building pad up at 150 meters say -- well that is a different story. I would AR them. The AR form takes a screenshot now but be sure and be CLOSE to the problem and not camming in as you will send faulty coordinants. 

And OF COURSE then derender and blacklist the item(s) so YOU don't have to see them.   I have ARed a fair amount of objects and haven't found them changed, so your odds aren't all that good --- unless of course the neighbor moves and takes there stuff with them LOL. 

• Like 1

when i went up to it i  tried the return thing on the tab and i got a message that it could not be returned  something about the server system so they put it there . With the sl viewer how do you derender ,,, where would i find that ,,,,   

I think that with everyone moving about  i will wait a few days and see if it is just a temp thing and if it is still there by end of week then  well will  make a decision ..   Question  are there moderaters for the regions and if so do they handle things like that if they do a fly around ?

I know there are many reasons for an item to be out of tos ,,, if they are taking pics ,,,,   or just doing something for a hour or two and then take it home ,,,,, i am a very nice  quiet neighbor. 

I know a few times in the older generation homes i had  a few who deliberately did stuff to make one move and it saddens me that this possible attitude  could trickle into the new home areas.   So how do i find the de render thinggy in the sl viewer ,,, and hugs     hugs  hugs to you  all .

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 1

• Moles
10 hours ago, roseelvira said:

As others have suggested, please submit an AR.

It won't be getting anyone into trouble -- something like this make its way through the system with the almost certain outcome being that, if the item seems to us to be against the region's covenant, someone from LDPW will send the owner a friendly little note asking her or him either to rectify the problem if possible (in this case, move the object to above 2000 metres, if it's a skybox) or to remove it altogether.

If the item is still there a few days after that, we'll return it, but that's all that will normally happen.    While we do rigorously enforce the covenant, we also make an effort not to be heavy-handed about it or create a drama, and something like this will really not be a big deal either for us or for the parcel owner when we deal with it.

And as Rolig says, please submit ARs rather than going direct to your favourite Mole -- that way it will be dealt with by someone who has time to deal with it, not by someone who's busy working on new content or new regions.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8

32 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Question  are there moderaters for the regions and if so do they handle things like that if they do a fly around ?

Lindens do not do fly arounds; they don't provide any active monitoring of their covenant.  They are dependent on resident tickets & ARs to enforce it.  People here in the forums are down on private estates, but I have never lived on one that did not actively monitor covenant adherence, usually performed by estate management staff.  The Lindens do not have estate management staff, all they have is their understaffed, but willing and unfailingly polite, customer service group, which handles EVERYTHING.

I filed a ticket on an orphan Belli property that still had hovertext on it days after the release.  It took 3 days and 4 messages to me for customer service to discover that someone had already taken care of the issue; I only hung onto the property for 2 days, so I'm thinking whoever got it after me dropped a line to their favorite mole, lol.

Most private landlords really do provide estate management services, and it's up to the customer to say whether those services are worth the rental fee.

• Like 4

I recently found myself in a similar situation and had to make the decision to file my first AR ever. I felt pretty guilty about it until a Linden through support reassured me that I was doing the right thing since the only way they will know is if we let them know situations that should at least be looked into.

I'm sorry you're having to make the same decision. I hope all goes well Rose whatever you decide to do! ;)

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.