is SL messing up right now

Gunner Grun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Interesting one, this.  There was definitely an issue with the asset server at some point last UK night, we had many incidents of "Failed to rez Object" if the object in question was in inventory and yet most folk could create ands rez a simple cube...take that into inventory and try to re rez it and ....."Tar Baby, he say "Failed to....".  Also Live chat was unreachable despite the scheduled maintenance having been officially completed.

I raised a ticket over the issue and it has had no response in over 12 hours.  Less than one hour later having successfully relogged my inventory re-synced and lo and behold all seemed well, though others that had remained online were still having issues.  So what were the Lindens doing with the asset server?  We may never know.

Edit: OK so I don't know my US timezones, live chat closes at 11pm BST.

However this asset server BUG was much worse than we realised last night.  May be LL will fix it tonight.

Edited by Aishagain
typonnese translated and idiocy corrected
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aishagain said:

Interesting one, this.  There was definitely an issue with the asset server at some point last UK night, we had many incidents of "Failed to rez Object" if the object in question was in inventory and yet most folk could create ands rez a simple cube...take that into inventory and try to re rez it and ....."Tar Baby, he say "Failed to....".  Also Live chat was unreachable despite the scheduled maintenance having been officially completed.

I raised a ticket over the issue and it has had no response in over 12 hours.  Less than one hour later having successfully relogged my inventory re-synced and lo and behold all seemed well, though others that had remained online were still having issues.  So what were the Lindens doing with the asset server?  We may never know.

Ha! I thought it was only me... Yes, inventory slowness seems to be back, again only once in a while, although not as often as before.

Edited by MBeatrix

Investigating - Some Second Life services are currently experiencing an outage. During this time, some Second Life services may be unavailable including, but not limited to: logging in, building, chatting, web services and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time.

Please monitor this blog for additional updates

they know about it at least and i thought it was just me lol

cant login and status page now has info up

Investigating - Some Second Life services are currently experiencing an outage. During this time, some Second Life services may be unavailable including, but not limited to: logging in, building, chatting, web services and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time.

Please monitor this blog for additional updates
Oct 4, 15:24 PDT

Just right now it's on Grid Status - Login but also other thing are investigated.

Investigating
Some Second Life services are currently experiencing an outage. During this time, some Second Life services may be unavailable including, but not limited to: logging in, building, chatting, web services and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time.

49 minutes ago, VenKellie said:

cant delete full perm prims that i created, a toast keeps saying that inventory is full

Woah I have never heard of that one before.

I am able to log in but I cannot attach or detach anything from my outfit. Can't even do a character reset.

But it's 1.30am here, so this is probably the Universe telling me to go to bed. 😉

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.