What are you watching today?

On 1/8/2022 at 2:16 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Watching for live coverage of the final unfolding of the James Webb telescope.

Yep, watched this too; really nail-biting to be honest.

Could have been 30 years to design and build, 10 minutes to mess up a really expensive bit of origami 🙂

Anyway, all looks done now, so lots of amazing things to look at and think about soon!

• Like 2

I'm watching this on the BBC.  For those who haven't got access to that channel it is supposed to be showing elsewhere at some point.  It's set mostly in Australia, and is a bit violent, and very funny in parts.  I don't yet know how it ends.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It's my birthday today and I have to pick a movie to watch tonight.  I like monster movies, fantasy type movies, B movies, and sci-fi.

I need ideas!  What should I watch tonight?

Happy Birthday! I recently saw 'Maleficent' again and enjoyed it very much.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It's my birthday today and I have to pick a movie to watch tonight.  I like monster movies, fantasy type movies, B movies, and sci-fi.

Happy Birthday, I did enjoy Encanto the other day

Edited by Ashley Darkheart
wrong title
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Happy Birthday, Cinn!

My favorite Sci-fi/monster movie is "Forbidden Planet". When I saw it as a child, I couldn't decide who to crush on more, Anne Francis or Robby the Robot.

• Thanks 1

Alright @Garnet Psaltery @Ashley Darkheart @Madelaine McMasters here's how the evening went. 

I couldn't decide on a movie, so we agreed to watch the first monster movie that "Alexa" recommended.  It was a movie called Beyond White Space.  It was a Moby Dick trope, but I won't ruin it for others who enjoy junk food TV.

First, within 15 minutes, we placed bets on who would die first.

None of us won that, so we all got our money back.

Then we snarfed boatloads of cheese fondue with various dipping items and several glasses of white wine.

Then we spent the rest of the movie slamming the science.  My 2 oldest slammed the physics.  I slammed the biology.  My youngest went off on the special effects. (This is why I love watching B movies with my family)

There was one "I didn't see that coming" moment that was great!  Mostly we laughed at what was never supposed to be funny.

Peanut butter cake from a local bakery. (By local I mean within 20 miles - a.k.a. right around the corner)

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 3