Refresh Limit Reached

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Mystic India said:

Why can't we all just follow instructions and be calm.... i'm sure this will all be worth the wait. 

I actually think this is the calmest thread on the forums right now... 😂

We all understand that this new feature (which they obviously didn't have adequate time to stress test) will have some problems. It helps to share experiences to help each other figure out what works and what doesn't, as well as to let linden lab know about the problems we're seeing on our end when things don't go as planned!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Synndalicious said:

So I did some testing (as I'm sure everyone has! ) in regards to the auto refresh and I found the perfect number where it doesn't kick me off !  120 seconds and it auto refreshes all night!!  :)

Woke up, tested again. 3 manual refreshes and blocked.

5 hours ago, Synndalicious said:

So I did some testing (as I'm sure everyone has! ) in regards to the auto refresh and I found the perfect number where it doesn't kick me off !  120 seconds and it auto refreshes all night!!  :)

I am just testing this and it SEEMS to work ... well I might not have reached the limit yet.

For me some kind of constant automatic surveillance is the only possible method ... or rather the only thing I am willing to do ... because it's the only way I can take my mind off the search and occupy myselve with other things (household, other computer, TV). When the alarm chimes that CAN be the moment a region is released. But with an Interval of 120 seconds the probability that you miss it alltogether is big! - on the other hand it is as big for the competitors so it MIGHT work out.

On the other hand ... when the alarm goes off you have used allready 5 refreshes in the last 10 Minutes so only 4 or 5 more tries till they kick you out!

Same with manual refreshing. If I would concentrate on the likely time periods (Monday Wednesday Friday from 7:00 to 15:00 SLT) and do it manually ... so what? I also would have to refresh about every 2 or 5 Minutes to have a CHANCE of catching the exact moment of release and when it happens not many refreshes left.

So overall it has become MUCH more difficult to snatch something ... but as that applies to everyone it has become the lottery some have asked for ... pure chance, pure luck, you might or mighn't get a home whatever you do. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am just testing this and it SEEMS to work ... well I might not have reached the limit yet.

For me some kind of constant automatic surveillance is the only possible method ... or rather the only thing I am willing to do ... because it's the only way I can take my mind off the search and occupy myselve with other things (household, other computer, TV). When the alarm chimes that CAN be the moment a region is released. But with an Interval of 120 seconds the probability that you miss it alltogether is big! - on the other hand it is as big for the competitors so it MIGHT work out.

So, it's essentially 10 times per 20 minutes? Ouch. 

Like you said, if you're at the wrong end of an interval, so to speak (as in: you still need almost 120 secs to go), and new boats/homes are being released, then yes, chances of you missing out again are pretty high. Like most everyone else, I think, I understand why they had to do this, though.

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

So, it's essentially 10 times per 20 minutes? Ouch. 

Like you said, if you're at the wrong end of an interval, so to speak (as in: you still need almost 120 secs to go), and new boats/homes are being released, then yes, chances of you missing out again are pretty high. Like most everyone else, I think, I understand why they had to do this, though.

I think it's 10 times in 10 Minutes but just a BIT less ... or they'll throw you out.

But if I reduce the intervall all my per ten minutes refeshes are spent when the bell rings ... and I have to have some spear ones to react!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sean Azambuja said:

Is this what Bellisseria will look like?

kinda the southern reef moved to the north east in real one (and has the potential to be copy pasted a lot around if the continent prooves too small)

Edited by Fionalein

I’ve been toying with it a lot, and if you want a spare refresh for when you get a bite, just pretend you have half as many and not 10. So lower it down to 120 seconds, so it’s 2 minute intervals between refreshes. I don’t do that... I should, but I skate the line of idiocy and self loathing. I have mine set at 90 seconds. It seems to be the lowest number I can set it at for the moment. If I go to 85 I get booted after a few refreshes, but 90 and I was fine all day yesterday and all night last night and even still going now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Mae Omizu said:

I’ve been toying with it a lot, and if you want a spare refresh for when you get a bite, just pretend you have half as many and not 10. So lower it down to 120 seconds, so it’s 2 minute intervals between refreshes. I don’t do that... I should, but I skate the line of idiocy and self loathing. I have mine set at 90 seconds. It seems to be the lowest number I can set it at for the moment. If I go to 85 I get booted after a few refreshes, but 90 and I was fine all day yesterday and all night last night and even still going now. 

120 - 130 intervals seems to work fine. No limit restriction in the last hour. :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

perhaps it's me, but seeing here people are again searching the limits just a day after the limitation on refreshing tools got in place isn't very smart, as soon too many doing this again the limitation will get a lot tighter with even more restricions.

I'd think you would be happy about this. Because when we do invariably screw it up then you get to say I told you so and we don't get to use Auto Refresh tool. Isn't that a win?

EDIT: FYI those who may be interested, 120 intervals works fine, no limit cap in the last 2 hours.

Edited by RaeLeeH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I'd think you would be happy about this. Because when we do invariably screw it up then you get to say I told you so and we don't get to use Auto Refresh tool. Isn't that a win?

now you say it...lol... i actually did say it weeks ago that the raising amount of refreshers would end with Ddos symptoms/response of LL ( or dDos.. :) )

but nah... won't use the  "told you so " :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

perhaps it's me, but seeing here people are again searching the limits just a day after the limitation on refreshing tools got in place isn't very smart, as soon too many doing this again the limitation will get a lot tighter with even more restricions.

Nah. :) A 120 secs interval is really, really slow already (far more rigorous than I expected even, tbh).  Even all Residents, all at the same time, getting 10 pages served every 20 minutes, would hardly even register on the servers any more.

Besides, I don't see this as ppl trying to test the limits, in a malicious way; but more in a practical manner of figuring out what will work with their tools, to keep a continual refresh going. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, IMHO, and I thank them for doing the leg work for me. :) (Or lag work, pending on your POV, *g*).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 7/11/2019 at 1:11 PM, Kayden Oconnell said:

Yes, same here. I just logged in to the inventory page, and got the message right away. And it won't take me back to the page, even though I click that line. I didn't attempt 10 refreshes, and will follow the directions, but something is wrong here.

Clear your cache and cookies something may be hanging so anytime you go back to the page it reloads that screen.

• Like 1

I don't see how this helps much, it's honestly just making it practically impossible for anybody to get one that when the new homes do pop up and you click it to go to the next page it says sold out how? Like with this refresher in place there's got to still be homes to assign to people, how are we still out of them?

Edited by AlyceAdrift

1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I don't see how this helps much, it's honestly just making it practically impossible for anybody to get one

Given how many people have posted that they got a house in the last few days since the refresh restriction went in, it most definitely is NOT making it practically impossible for ANYBODY to get one.

1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

there's got to still be homes to assign to people, how are we still out of them?

When an entire region is released, there are anywhere from 15-25 homes available (average is more like 18-20) and there are probably a few hundred people clicking refresh to get them.  All of those people are not hitting refresh at the same time, but spread throughout the 60-90 seconds that any given person is refreshing.  Therefore, all of the homes in a region could easily get claimed by other people during the 60-90 seconds that a single person is waiting between refreshes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given how many people have posted that they got a house in the last few days since the refresh restriction went in, it most definitely is NOT making it practically impossible for ANYBODY to get one.

When an entire region is released, there are anywhere from 15-25 homes available (average is more like 18-20) and there are probably a few hundred people clicking refresh to get them.  All of those people are not hitting refresh at the same time, but spread throughout the 60-90 seconds that any given person is refreshing.  Therefore, all of the homes in a region could easily get claimed by other people during the 60-90 seconds that a single person is waiting between refreshes.

Flawed system. Having to wait an extended amount of time to refresh, hence not getting a home. 

And I'm not even talking about me, I'm talking about hundreds of thousands of people besides myself.

1 minute ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Flawed system. Having to wait an extended amount of time to refresh, hence not getting a home. 

And I'm not even talking about me, I'm talking about hundreds of thousands of people besides myself.

Hundreds of thousands of people trying to get the  new linden homes - that would be a huge increase in the number of premium accounts this past year, and would be wonderful news for LL.  No wonder they aren't able to meet the demand for new linden homes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Given that there are only approx. 60,000-65,000 Premium members and there were only 38,000 old Linden Homes that were not even full, I can say with 100% absolute certainty that there are most definitely NOT 'hundreds of thousands' of people trying for these new homes.

More like a few hundred.... period.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.