Jump to content
PrudenceAnton

Refresh Limit Reached

Recommended Posts

It was inevitable. And in an odd way, as I just finished saying elsewhere, I actually feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief now - to a degree. I know this won't solve ALL the problems being spoken of (loudly and often) in the rest of the sub forum, but I do hope those who have been so vehemently against the Auto Refresh tool can now exhale in relief a little too. As I said before, I'm cautiously optimistic. But I guess we shall see! :D 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who keeps seeing this message, despite having set my refresh to 1 minute as requested? I even tried waiting 10 minutes and starting fresh, in case it was somehow rolling over refresh count from the previous 10 minute period, but I continue to see this page after a refresh or two

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, same here. I just logged in to the inventory page, and got the message right away. And it won't take me back to the page, even though I click that line. I didn't attempt 10 refreshes, and will follow the directions, but something is wrong here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might be using a proxy or a shared IP by your ISP with someone who constantly refreshes ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I very much hope they're not doing this by IP address. Tracking by account would be far more reliable

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Teager said:

Am I the only one who keeps seeing this message, despite having set my refresh to 1 minute as requested? I even tried waiting 10 minutes and starting fresh, in case it was somehow rolling over refresh count from the previous 10 minute period, but I continue to see this page after a refresh or two

 

12 minutes ago, Kayden Oconnell said:

Yes, same here. I just logged in to the inventory page, and got the message right away. And it won't take me back to the page, even though I click that line. I didn't attempt 10 refreshes, and will follow the directions, but something is wrong here.

 

Close the page and reopen maybe.  I did my 10 manual refreshes a bit earlier, closed the page and just now went back.  I can do multiple refreshes again.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Close the page and reopen maybe.  I did my 10 manual refreshes a bit earlier, closed the page and just now went back.  I can do multiple refreshes again.

This is exactly what I did and it worked for me (whether that helps or not I don't know, just throwing my opinion on the pile). :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

Close the page and reopen maybe.  I did my 10 manual refreshes a bit earlier, closed the page and just now went back.  I can do multiple refreshes again.

 

I didn't have problems getting back to the page, as Kayden did. I can get back just fine by clicking the link provided, but seem to be reaching the limit again about 2-3 refreshes in, at 1 minute per. This time I tried waiting over a minute after reopening the page before starting the refresher (though if that was the problem, it should have only kicked in at the 9th refresh, but hey, bug testing!) The next time I hit it I'll try closing the page entirely and see if that makes a difference :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Teager said:

I very much hope they're not doing this by IP address. Tracking by account would be far more reliable

I just confirmed it is by account, not IP.

I let Lil use up her 10 tries in 10 min - in Chrome.  Then I started IE and logged in another Premium and she was able to do another 10 refreshes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Teager said:

I didn't have problems getting back to the page, as Kayden did. I can get back just fine by clicking the link provided, but seem to be reaching the limit again about 2-3 refreshes in, at 1 minute per. This time I tried waiting over a minute after reopening the page before starting the refresher (though if that was the problem, it should have only kicked in at the 9th refresh, but hey, bug testing!) The next time I hit it I'll try closing the page entirely and see if that makes a difference :)

I logged out and logged back in. Didn't need to close the page entirely.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also tested, and set my rate at 62 seconds because 60 seconds errored out. Even under the limit it gave me the error page after 3 refreshes. I then closed the window, reopened it and started over from the Dashboard and got the same error page immediately. Maybe Teager's right and they're playing with it today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - I did the same - set my refresh to 1 minute and still got this message:

 

Refresh Limit Reached


Due to the popularity of the Bellisseria continent with the Traditional and Houseboat options, we have implemented a refresh limit on the home selection page to help reduce server load.

If running a browser plug-in or using a feature built into your browser, please set your refresh configuration to the following:

 

  • 10 Page loads per 10 Minute period

 

Which means that you can exhaust those 10 page loads in the first minute, but will have to wait an additional 9 minutes before you can see the inventory page again.

Return to Land Selection

What the??? I get to about 3-4 refreshes then it blocks me out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is totally possible that the web developers are tweaking all of this to make sure their servers don't fry as multiple people try to figure out either how to get around the restriction or how to go right up to the line with the limit.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having similar issues.  Tried with Chrome and then Firefox. No matter how I tweak the refresh timer I'm running to the timegate page.  I'd appreciate some clear recommendations from LL on addon/browser choice that is most compatible with the new restriction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Masha Eilde said:

I'm having similar issues.  Tried with Chrome and then Firefox. No matter how I tweak the refresh timer I'm running to the timegate page.  I'd appreciate some clear recommendations from LL on addon/browser choice that is most compatible with the new restriction.

I'm pretty sure that LL would prefer that nobody use an auto-refresher.  There just isn't any way of knowing if any given page request is via a manual refresh or an automated one.

Set it to refresh every 3-5 minutes.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure that LL would prefer that nobody use an auto-refresher.  There just isn't any way of knowing if any given page request is via a manual refresh or an automated one.

Unfortunately, an autorefresher is the only feasible option for me. Like many of us, I work and can only really check on my days off (I'm an RN), in between RL things.  I understand the need to manage the server load. I just want consistent direction on how to make the autorefresher work within the parameters set by LL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've had Auto Refresh set to various lengths, so that I would not keep hitting the ban, but even at the 1 minute between Auto Refresh, as well as at other intervals (69 seconds; 86 seconds) I get a notice that i've gotten a hit on Bellisseria and so i immediately click to the page and see both a little blue "click to claim" notice box from auto refresh, set against a Land page notice that i've exceeded the clicks allowed in ten minutes...this has happened 4 times in an hour. I closed all windows to exclude the possibility of a hidden tab, and it happened just now.

Something is going wrong for me. I am uninstalling the auto refresher completely, resetting my computer, and giving up for awhile. I will come back with my alt on my old laptop and try manually. 

After the fourth time in an hour, it feels like the announcement itself that I have a hit on "Bellisseria" is actually triggering the ban page. Is this possible?

Meanwhile, how to remove Auto Refresh:

Google Chrome:
  1. Click the menu icon "≡" at the top right of the browser window, choose More tools and choose Extensions to open the Extensions.
  2. Uncheck Enabled to disable an extension or lick the trash can icon next to the extension you want to delete.
  3. Click the Disable link under the plugin you want to disable.

 

Edited by emilia Avindar
clarity of relationship between auto refresh and ban; how to remove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emilia Avindar said:
Google Chrome:
  1. Click the menu icon "≡" at the top right of the browser window, choose More tools and choose Extensions to open the Extensions.
  2. Uncheck Enabled to disable an extension or lick the trash can icon next to the extension you want to delete.
  3. Click the Disable link under the plugin you want to disable.

This was copied directly from Google result for "how to uninstall extensions" so that typo is not mine! I would never advise to "lick the trash icon" but there it was in the special box!  🤣

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why can't we all just follow instructions and be calm.... i'm sure this will all be worth the wait.  What is this land that looks like Bellisseria?  Do i see a Waffle house .... zoom in real close.  This land is wayyyy north on the map. NE slightly. Took this pic weeks ago and i even see a little ... hmmm lockness monster? These guys are working there as..ses off!

SL Map NEW Continent 06.2019.JPG

Edited by Mystic India
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emilia Avindar said:

After the fourth time in an hour, it feels like the announcement itself that I have a hit on "Bellisseria" is actually triggering the ban page. Is this possible?

 

 

I dont think so? Not for me at least... I have my auto refresh going at 120 seconds, have not hit the 10 refresh limit or gotten banned from refreshing, and when I do get an alert about a house in Belli I am able to click on it, hit next, but still not fast enough to snatch it because I get the "OOh, it sold out" page. So clearly someone out there is faster than my old lady fingers. Haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mystic India said:

Why can't we all just follow instructions and be calm.... i'm sure this will all be worth the wait.  What is this land that looks like Bellisseria?  Do i see a Waffle house .... zoom in real close.  This land is wayyyy north on the map. NE slightly. Took this pic weeks ago and i even see a little ... hmmm lockness monster?

SL Map NEW Continent 06.2019.JPG

That is the work area -- the SSP regions.  All of the work for the initial roll-out was done in the SSP regions (starting last summer) and then the regions were copied over to Bellisseria.  They still use the area for 'new theme' work - so that we don't know what it all looks like until they release it.f

Personally, I think they are also now doing some of their work in other secret areas.  We know that they are working on Campers & Trailers, yet we can't really see much evidence of that on the SSP regions.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh well it defiantly shows they are working very hard and it all looks so beautiful!  I appreciate the work and can hardly wait for my own spot.  :)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's definitely slowed things down some! No... a LOT!

In the interest of "science", I tested a few theories...

* Manually refresh the page once every minute: got 9 tries before it says limit reached.

* Use Auto Refresh at 1 minute intervals: get about 6 tries before it says limit reached.

* Log out, log back in again, clock appears to "reset" and I can manually click again. Rinse and repeat above.

* Even after waiting 10 minutes I'm still getting similar responses to the numbers above. Appears to lack consistency?

* It does seem as if I get more tries when clicking manually, but this could just be coincidence.

* Not sure if the Auto Refresh alert triggers the limit page by finding a house, or alerts because the page has been triggered. (Either way; false hope, dammit! 😂).

* Haven't seen a single house at all since the restriction were implemented. Either people are holding onto them for dear life or they are being caught at a steady rate now instead of at a break-neck speed.

* Also the instances of having to manually select Bellisseria from the drop down menu instead of see it first/at the top have increased. Still happened previously when using Auto Refresh like a bat out of hell (prior to the restrictions) but now appears more frequent, at least to me. Who knows?

Anyway, there's some random, useless information for you. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...