Refresh Limit Reached

PrudenceAnton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well this is interesting, I just come home from a 8 hour shift at work and literally go to load the land seletction page, it refreshes automatically by itself and puts me in lockout. 

Tell me again how it's to keep me from refreshing too much when all I did was load the page for the first time tonight after turning my computer on that's been shut down and off for the past 8 hours? 

Seriously. Tell me how.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Well this is interesting, I just come home from a 8 hour shift at work and literally go to load the land seletction page, it refreshes automatically by itself and puts me in lockout. 

Tell me again how it's to keep me from refreshing too much when all I did was load the page for the first time tonight after turning my computer on that's been shut down and off for the past 8 hours? 

Seriously. Tell me how.

I truly think something is messed up with your browser cache or something.  I have never received the timeout message without actually seeing the page 10 times first - first time plus 9 refreshes.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I truly think something is messed up with your browser cache or something.  I have never received the timeout message without actually seeing the page 10 times first - first time plus 9 refreshes.

Wellllll I thought I'd ask, considering that's what happened. I'll clear the cache/history/whatnot to see if it helps. 

22 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Seriously. Tell me how.

Okay, that was funny. :) Without your computer on, it's indeed hard to imagine how you could have been refreshing. Maybe I have a bit of a morbid mind, but that reminds me of 'The Kipper and the Corpse' episode, from Fawlty Towers, when there's a dog in the dining room:

Found another draft, have we?
We have to be very careful, Mr. Fawlty, he's not very strong.
Indeed, yes. A rapid movement of air could damage him irreparably. If only one could keep them in airtight containers.
Wouldn't be able to breathe, would he, Fawlty?
He could try, Major, he could try.

Typical British humor. I love it! 😍

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Okay, that was funny. :) Without your computer on, it's indeed hard to imagine how you could have been refreshing. Maybe I have a bit of a morbid mind, but that reminds me of 'The Kipper and the Corpse' episode, from Fawlty Towers, when there's a dog in the dining room:

Indeed, yes. A rapid movement of air could damage him irreparably. If only one could keep them in airtight containers.

Well, I'm a waitress in real life so I can't exactly be on my phone when I'm not home, if that's what you're referring to. 

1 minute ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Well, I'm a waitress in real life so I can't exactly be on my phone when I'm not home, if that's what you're referring to. 

LOL, I get that you're a bit on edge now, what with how things went the last few days, but I wasn't referring to any such thing; nor blaming you for anything, for that matter. Just thought it was funny, is all, that you got penalized for refreshing too much, whilst you were obviously in no position to do so because computer was off even. :) 

9 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

LOL, I get that you're a bit on edge now, what with how things went the last few days, but I wasn't referring to any such thing; nor blaming you for anything, for that matter. Just thought it was funny, is all, that you got penalized for refreshing too much, whilst you were obviously in no position to do so because computer was off even. :) 

Eh, I'm over it. I was also off my medicine for the past week so I'm snapping back into it thankfully. I get I was a jerk, and there's not much excuse for that, I am just trying to wait out the house game like everyone else. I am sorry for being a mega jerk.

And yeah I'm fussy about what I want, because in the long run I'm looking at a place I can blog at that will be permanent, I'd rather spend the spare money I do have to put into SL into shopping and decorating other than to sink it into mostly tier, y'know? Not that renting isn't great, I just am getting burnt out on paying to live somewhere, and the new homes do look really nice, can't wait to get one that I'm happy with in a better location. I do feel kinda claustraphobic when I get one in the middle of a region so it does make me kinda turned away to it. I will deal, though. Just waiting to get anything at this point, hoping it's something on the edge of a region this time. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Eh, I'm over it. I was also off my medicine for the past week so I'm snapping back into it thankfully. I get I was a jerk, and there's not much excuse for that, I am just trying to wait out the house game like everyone else. I am sorry for being a mega jerk.

Been there, have the backpack full of apologies to friends, family, coworkers, and random strangers who had the misfortune to be in my path for unleashing Evil Beth on 'em to prove it. I understand that things happen sometimes that make it necessary for a variety of reasons to go without our happy pills for a week or so. It isn't a pleasant experience. Do you get the brain zaps, too?

In the spirit of the community Bellisseria is fostering, I apologize for being awful. I wasn't off my meds, but I was having a rough week. Still, I accept responsibility for my part in the ugliness. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

In the spirit of the community Bellisseria is fostering, I apologize for being awful. I wasn't off my meds, but I was having a rough week. Still, I accept responsibility for my part in the ugliness. 

Me, I wasn't even having a bad week. I was just being my usual sarcastic self. 😲 Thank you for reminding me, Beth, that words have power, and can really hurt... or bring joy. So, I'd like to apologize to you too, Alyce, for the 'pile-on'. Reminds me of this wonderful passage, ascribed to the German poet Goethe:

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element.
It is my personal approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
I possess tremendous power to make a life miserable or joyous.
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration.
I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal.
In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated, and a person humanized or de-humanized."

🤗's to all.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Me, I wasn't even having a bad week. I was just being my usual sarcastic self. 😲 Thank you for reminding me, Beth, that words have power, and can really hurt... or bring joy. So, I'd like to apologize to you too, Alyce, for the 'pile-on'. Reminds me of this wonderful passage, ascribed to the German poet Goethe:

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element.
It is my personal approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
I possess tremendous power to make a life miserable or joyous.
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration.
I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal.
In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated, and a person humanized or de-humanized."

🤗's to all.

WE REALLY NEED THE OPTION TO LOVE SOMETHING INSTEAD OF JUST LIKE IT.

❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Oh gosh! I love that show! Now I know what I'll be doing later...binge watching reruns. Thank you for the reminder! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.