The New LH Release Plan - Your Thoughts

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Sehra Kauffman said:

I have really mixed emotions on the current system.

The new regions are going so quickly that I feel like people are afraid to re-roll at all. When you get a really sizable drop there is a certain amount of churn afterwards with people trying to get a lot they like better. With the current system nobody re-rolls because the chance of getting a better lot (or any lot) is so slim. I think this can cause people to hang on to lots that they don't really like because at least they have SOMETHING. 

Then again, hanging on to lots until there are a bunch made also prevents people from getting those lots sooner. In the end the same amount of people end up getting the same amount of lots, they just have to wait longer to get them. 

I don't know what the answer is. I just know that people are getting very frustrated and I can completely understand their frustration. It just bums me out for them.

There really is no way to do this that is going to make everyone happy.  First come, first serve seems the best way to go.  Even if they had a list those at the bottom wouldn't be happy.  At least releasing them throughout the week it seems like there is movement and people are at least getting homes.    And these are not cookie cutter regions so that is really nice and I think well worth the wait.

I have a houseboat on my alt, but I did get rid of my traditional house on this one cause I really didn't like the location and I tried.  I am sure whoever got my parcel was extremely happy and I hope they enjoy it!  I go to the home page and try the refresh thing once in awhile but I am not obsessing over it.  I know I will get one at some point or even one of those cute campers.  Sometimes if a person is that frustrated it is best to step away from trying to get one and give yourself a break.  These homes aren't going anywhere and at some point I am sure there will be lots.     

• Like 7

On 6/28/2019 at 9:17 PM, Chic Aeon said:

I think it is notable that @Marianne Little is apparently the QUEEN of rerolling (at least I haven't seen anyone posting here that seems to be in her league). She is NOT on SLT and that may be a big part of why she does so well. Others that have claimed and tossed many house and some friends I chat with in IM are also in Europe and doing well with refresh and reroll. So there is the staying up all night thing if you really want to do that.

I never stayed up at night. I think I have good bandwidth. Broadband 5G. I could have auto-refresh on very fast, 2 seconds. Those with slower internet saw the ghosts of Bellissaria homes after they were claimed. Just a guess.

But it was something special going on. It was so many homes abandoned. It has dried up now. I think many opted out of renewing their premiums. Right before and right after June 24th.

Do you remember when I got a houseboat after 10 min of trying? It's not like that anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think many opted out of renewing their premiums.

Certainly this, though I'd wager it was all their alts (secondary premium subscriptions). And I'll bet many are kicking themselves in the head as downgrading to Basic only prevents the ownership of (non-seeded) land, but the rest of the features stay intact until renewal date. So the smart thing to do would have been to stay premium until just before renewal date. Though, it's arguably a better thing that those "wasted" homes be freed-up for the those that don't have one yet.

• Thanks 1

So basically, the only people who will get to live in Bellisaria are those with the skills to have their computer auto sign them up for it.  That doesn't really seem fair.  I know I keep going back to this, but what about signing up for a waiting list, and having someone give us an estimate of when we can expect to get our home?

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

So basically, the only people who will get to live in Bellisaria are those with the skills to have their computer auto sign them up for it.  That doesn't really seem fair.  I know I keep going back to this, but what about signing up for a waiting list, and having someone give us an estimate of when we can expect to get our home?

I didn't use auto refresh. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

I literally have no skills whatsoever. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Ask anyone. 

I live on Bellisseria and I didn't use auto-refresh and my computer didn't sign me up for anything. 

Well, I don't think it did. Did it? Is this even me typing? Maybe this is my computer and I... er, I mean it has completely taken my ability or need to communicate independently.

Maybe I'm not here at all. Maybe I'm actually working, doing the job I get the paycheck for and totally not browsing the forums at all.

And maybe, just maybe, it's not me who has the mad crush on @Quartz Mole, it's actually my sentient computer. Yes, that's it! 

Not really... that part is totally me. 

It's the computer that signed me up for the Pickle of the Month club... totally gonna dispute THAT charge...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

I know I keep going back to this, but what about signing up for a waiting list, and having someone give us an estimate of when we can expect to get our home?

A waiting list offers identical problems to the first come first serve method. People who sign up for a waiting list are privileged by hour or day or time the list is established and will be ahead or behind others who also want to be on the list.  And the homes will all be available eventually at the same time with or without a list; therefore all a list achieves is to change the order for which people will wait and will get, and of what use is that when anybody who wants one will, eventually, have one?  Also it does not account for the homes that suddenly do come available from abandonment.  So while waiting lists may seem like a good idea, in this case it doesn't achieve the desired effect in the kind of equitable way you might hope.  

For what it's worth, I am not claiming one; so already y'all are one ahead in line.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This is all very confusing. I have an old Linden home and I worked really hard to get a good location so I am reluctant to leave it and then end up stranded without a home at all. It is very unclear when homes are available; saying they are released every few days does nothing for me. It would be helpful to know for sure that some are available, until that is the case I am staying where I am.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tiyialic said:

This is all very confusing. I have an old Linden home and I worked really hard to get a good location so I am reluctant to leave it and then end up stranded without a home at all. It is very unclear when homes are available; saying they are released every few days does nothing for me. It would be helpful to know for sure that some are available, until that is the case I am staying where I am.

Given how difficult it is to get one of the homes right now, that might be the best move.  At least until the do one of their upcoming large releases of a new theme.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Clarrellae said:

A waiting list offers identical problems to the first come first serve method. People who sign up for a waiting list are privileged by hour or day or time the list is established and will be ahead or behind others who also want to be on the list.  And the homes will all be available eventually at the same time with or without a list; therefore all a list achieves is to change the order for which people will wait and will get, and of what use is that when anybody who wants one will, eventually, have one?  Also it does not account for the homes that suddenly do come available from abandonment.  So while waiting lists may seem like a good idea, in this case it doesn't achieve the desired effect in the kind of equitable way you might hope.  

For what it's worth, I am not claiming one; so already y'all are one ahead in line.

What a waiting list would accomplish if giving a time frame when we know we will get our new home, freeing us to live in an old style, until that date.

20 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

What a waiting list would accomplish if giving a time frame when we know we will get our new home, freeing us to live in an old style, until that date.

Not when they don't know when houses, boats, new themes, trailers, etc., will be ready to be released. Patch isn't even promising to keep this Mon-Wed-Fri schedule on target. Even if there were a list, I still don't think they'd be able to tell people when they'd get their house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

All auto refresh does is just makes it easier to refresh the page rather than using one hand on F5 or having to click the refresh button with your hand on a mouse.  If a home does come up you still have to be there to click next and accept the terms and conditions.  This part is not done automatically.  And using auto refresh doesn't guarantee you will get a home either.  It is really just the luck of the draw.  Clicking on things at the right time.   I got my houseboat refreshing just by myself.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

You are free right now to live in an old house til that date, whatever it is.  Live in a beautiful Tahoe overlooking the water, with almost no lag, a gorgeous wrap-around front deck, pine trees everywhere.  Monitor the forum to get a sense of when it's finally easy to swap a house; or even better, wait until Linden Lab comes to you and says it's time to swap the old for the new.  It will happen eventually :)  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, karynmaria said:

All auto refresh does is just makes it easier to refresh the page rather than using one hand on F5 or having to click the refresh button with your hand on a mouse.  If a home does come up you still have to be there to click next and accept the terms and conditions.  This part is not done automatically.  And using auto refresh doesn't guarantee you will get a home either.  It is really just the luck of the draw.  Clicking on things at the right time.   I got my houseboat refreshing just by myself.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, Clarrellae said:

13 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

Not unless you are within the first 500-1000 on the list.  Past that point, I don't they could give you a date, and they might not be able to past the first hundred or two.  Hell, they really can't even give you an exact date if you are in the first 50.  The release that they wanted to do today was cancelled because a key person was out sick.  The 20 or so people that might have claimed a house in that release now have to wait until Monday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

So, for those of you who refreshed and got one, does Bellissario come up in the default, displacing Meadowbrook, so I can just hit refresh over and over, or do I have to go down and check the pull down menu to find it?

Different people have different results on this.  I have had it pop up first and I've had to pull it from the drop down.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

You could choose to do that. In six months it will be easier to get a house, and I can't see the old linden homes vanishing before then. Not ideal but might be less stressful?

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

So, for those of you who refreshed and got one, does Bellissario come up in the default, displacing Meadowbrook, so I can just hit refresh over and over, or do I have to go down and check the pull down menu to find it?

Also make sure you're putting in Bellisseria, not Bellisserio(though a fem and masc version could be cute).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

It seems that once you get the sold out message you can depend on Bellisseria to displace the top choice. If you chose a different theme in your latest try then it will probably be in the dropdown menu. This is the theory I'm working under.

Edited by DaSein Noyes

2 hours ago, kasslina said:

What happened to releasing houses for us every few days?  Myself and 2 friends have been watching several times a day and haven't seen any

There was a release on Monday. Yesterday's release was cancelled due to illness in a key person on the team. No release tomorrow due to LL being closed for the July 4th holiday. Next round likely won't go out until next Monday.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

I do understand what you are asking for... but there isn't a way LL can even predict what time all the LL departments will be ready on a day they KNOW there will be a release of 1 single Region.  There are a lot of people needed in a specific order (or all together at a certain time) to make even just 1 Region go "live".  If you think about that and that any possible number of things can go wrong or be delayed, they can't give a date that you will get your home just because you would happen to be number 447 on this proposed waiting list, so the waiting list becomes equally as moot as being nothing different than the Soon™ which is offered now. ♥  Please come and enjoy being a part of the community which doesn't require you to have a Bellisseria address to be part of this amazing place! ♥♥♥

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.