The New LH Release Plan - Your Thoughts

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

giphy.gif

I really don't see this list thing happening...

How would person #9,998,383,750,000 feel?

I'd feel like I could plan. If that was my number, I'm basically not getting a new home.  Now I could evaluate whether a premium membership was worth it for me or not.  Not to be overly critical, but there is a bit of 'bait and switch' when the new premium prices were released, and the new homes were dangled as a possibility.  I'm not bitter about my year membership, and I understand the constraints.  I had to wait for my Tesla too. lol.  But I was on a list, and could plan for when I was getting my new car.  Personally, if I had a huge number, I'd get by in one of the old homes.  They have value.  But I can't, if I want to hold out dreams for a new home.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I'm pretty sure that a waiting list would not be a good idea.... let's say your wait is very long and then your number comes up... you're sent to your new home. You don't like the location or any random thing. How's that gonna go over??? not well. Not a good idea period.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

giphy.gif

Likely this unfortunate person (likely named me) can put the notion of getting a linden home on the back burner for a long time. I'd actually prefer to be able to reserve a new home weeks or months from now rather be placed on a list - but the list concept is more appealing than time wasted trying to refresh for a home and hope for the best someday.  

Edited by BelleBax
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I am sure they would feel disappointed, but they will at least know where they are and will feel considerably better than if they had given up their 512 home so they had tier available and spent an hour each day refreshing and still not got a home until 9,998,383,750,000th one is released.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

Just now, Aethelwine said:

I am sure they would feel disappointed, but they will at least know where they are and will feel considerably better than if they had given up their 512 home so they had tier available and spent an hour each day refreshing and still not got a home until 9,998,383,750,000th one is released.

I wouldn't. I would be furious if the process from day one had been first come, first serve and then suddenly I was in the back of the line instead of having the same chance as anyone else to hit the button and grab one. I would be livid. And if I'd signed up on a list in the first couple of minutes of it opening up, and then found out it was randomized and I was at the bottom, I would lose my ever-loving mind. Of course, many say I already have.

I'm sure I'm going to get frustrated when the trailers are released and I'm not able to get one. 

One thing I'm not going to do is smash my keyboard over and over and over and over all day every day for hours on end with my blood pressure rising incrementally with each press of that poor little F5 key. That's a choice people make to do, but it wouldn't be my choice.

AND I REALLY WANT A TRAILER!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/6/2019 at 4:50 PM, BJoyful said:

How badly a person wants a house will determine how much time and effort they spend trying to get one

My health determines how much time and effort I can spend trying to get one. I already messed myself up by over-doing and had to back off. How much energy do I put into in today has been a frequent question since.

I'd prefer a list because then I can just get on with looking after myself rather it becoming something else for me to fail at, which is how it's been going for me.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

My health determines how much time and effort I can spend trying to get one. I already messed myself up by over-doing and had to back off. How much energy do I put into in today has been a frequent question since.

I'd prefer a list because then I can just get on with looking after myself rather it becoming something else for me to fail at, which is how it's been going for me.

Hugs Bitsy 💕 I do empathize and completely understand that stress can be a major contributor to illness.  Perhaps everyone could benefit from understanding good stress like the excitement you feel when you are number 4 and number 3 is being served and the more harmful sort of stress that is felt when you find your number is 309 and you have to go on holidays with your family in 3 weeks and you have paid a LOT of money for that holiday and if you don’t get a house before you go on holidays you will lose your 309 and become 41,076 and not get a chance to get a home for goodness knows how long.  

What if you are number 27 and your email notification goes to your spam folder and you find it when number 29 is being served, or if you break your ankle and lose your chance?  What if any of an infinite number of unpredictable things happens?  Would it really be better or more fair to have a waiting list in those cases?  Currently, no one is being forced to f5 but they are allowed to whenever they choose to.  There is no pressure to cancel plans as you can just not f5 and go enjoy your planned activity and try for a home again when you wish to.  The stress and worry that people feel are not something a list can help with, but learning how to cope with stress and manage it may help those who allow it to help them. 🥰

• Like 4

Okay so its Monday. The new houses every week are scheduled to release on Mondays, wednesdays and fridays, correct? But yet I found this information out from someone on THIS THREAD but there's no time listed for what time in the morning they are to be released? I'm sitting here literally camping out trying to get one right now. 

18 hours ago, karynmaria said:

No where does it state that you are entitled to a specific house.  Part of the benefits of being Premium is the ability to get a Linden home and there is nothing stopping you from getting one of the older ones until there is more new ones available.   You are getting what you paid for.  The only person preventing you from having a place to unpack stuff is you.

I'm supposed to get a house though. And the new Bellisarian houses are the style I want, not the ugly, outdated ones with only half the prims. They literally just need to make more or hire more people to work on it or something. It's not like they don't have enough money to do so, with the constant amount of sales they get from mainland and lindens nearly every single day.... Just sayin'. 

🤷‍♀️

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

Those of you lobbying against a list do not understand the concept of planning.  If they had a list, and I find I am #6,752, I would set up shop in an older style home and not worry about it.  When my number got to #100 or so, I would abandon old home, and be ready to move, when I got the notice I had a place.  As it is now, I can't use an old home, and also have a chance at a new home, because you can't play the 'refresh the screen game' while still having your old home.  Waiting lists have been used by colleges, RL apartment and condos, etc. etc. quite effectively for decades.  They actually work and serve a purpose.  When going to a popular restaurant, do you make reservations, or just drive there each evening, hoping there's been a cancellation, and you'll be seated?  If you call and they say, "our first opening is a week from Tuesday" you say, great, I'll take it.  Now you know to go somewhere else between now and then.  And I understand they won't be able to give a date because their production process is more art than science.  But seeing where I am on a list would allow me to gauge reasonably when I might expect a home, and allow me to enjoy my full premium benefit while I wait.  Yes, I could just take an old home, and not worry about it for 3 months, but there is no reasonable expectation it will be a better situation in 3 months.  Many have done the math on these blogs, and it could be years before the supply is equal to the demand.  So I'm stuck hitting f5 as many times as I can squeeze in during my real life, and my second life, if I ever hope to have a new home.  It's a silly way of doing things.  A list would be much more professional.

And then...

12 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Hugs Bitsy 💕 I do empathize and completely understand that stress can be a major contributor to illness.  Perhaps everyone could benefit from understanding good stress like the excitement you feel when you are number 4 and number 3 is being served and the more harmful sort of stress that is felt when you find your number is 309 and you have to go on holidays with your family in 3 weeks and you have paid a LOT of money for that holiday and if you don’t get a house before you go on holidays you will lose your 309 and become 41,076 and not get a chance to get a home for goodness knows how long.  

What if you are number 27 and your email notification goes to your spam folder and you find it when number 29 is being served, or if you break your ankle and lose your chance?  What if any of an infinite number of unpredictable things happens?  Would it really be better or more fair to have a waiting list in those cases?  Currently, no one is being forced to f5 but they are allowed to whenever they choose to.  There is no pressure to cancel plans as you can just not f5 and go enjoy your planned activity and try for a home again when you wish to.  The stress and worry that people feel are not something a list can help with, but learning how to cope with stress and manage it may help those who allow it to help them. 🥰

Perhaps a list, starting with Home number 25,000 will be even better.  You want to get on a list, you may relax and enjoy doing whatever is pleasurable until 25,000 homes are completed!  Absolutely no stress for those who wish to feel assured their turn is coming. 🤓

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Okay so its Monday. The new houses every week are scheduled to release on Mondays, wednesdays and fridays, correct? But yet I found this information out from someone on THIS THREAD but there's no time listed for what time in the morning they are to be released? I'm sitting here literally camping out trying to get one right now. 

They don't always release the times.  Have you joined the Bellisseria Citizens group and Bellisseria Community group?  If not, you should.  Patch does post in both those groups.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I'm supposed to get a house though. And the new Bellisarian houses are the style I want, not the ugly, outdated ones with only half the prims. They literally just need to make more or hire more people to work on it or something. It's not like they don't have enough money to do so, with the constant amount of sales they get from mainland and lindens nearly every single day.... Just sayin'. 

🤷‍♀️

They are making more right now!  You can come and watch them being made and enjoy exploring this beautiful place while LL does exactly what you think they need to do ❤️  

Edited by BJoyful
Grammar
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

And then...

Perhaps a list, starting with Home number 25,000 will be even better.  You want to get on a list, you may relax and enjoy doing whatever is pleasurable until 25,000 homes are completed!  Absolutely no stress for those who wish to feel assured their turn is coming. 🤓

I know you say this in jest, but it would be preferable.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Maybe they could use a list just for the big releases.

As you say all I am doing is floating an idea out there that seems to make sense to me, I have my houseboat from the first release. I just feel the pain of those expressing their discontent inworld and on the forums and offering supporting the idea raised before me that it could be done fairer, doing it the way homes are allocated in real life where demand is greater than supply.

I think it's impressive that you've suggested a reasonable solution to a problem that isn't even yours.  

I like the idea of a list - I'd rather be last on a list than spend months thinking today's the day only to be continuously disappointed.  Though it seems to have been dismissed at this point, if a list process was implemented, users on a list should not have to take action once their name comes up for a new home.  Instead, LL could simply assign the user to a new home when it becomes available as long as they meet the requirements - all of which can be stipulated to when signing up on the list. 

Several points about constant emails and randomized list/queues seem to be attempting to expand the scope of the list idea for whatever reason.  It would be a sequential assignment process that wouldn't involve email notifications about grass growing.  

I would prefer to reserve a new linden home for a specified date in the future, but a list would be preferable to competing for hours with thousands (or is it tens of thousands) of users for homes that are gone in seconds.   I feel fairly helpless as there's nothing I can reasonably do except to wait and keep trying  - I am usually at work during the hours of the release - so my odds are incredibly slim.   The process is indeed frustration - I hope LL is considering options to improve this situation/process.  Hmmm... where's the venting thread again....

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, tinatickles Cummings said:

I know you say this in jest, but it would be preferable.

It is only partly in jest as we really are free to do this already.  Anyone can pick their own number to start trying, too.  As capable people we should be able to stop doing something which is unpleasant without needing LL’s intervention. 😉

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

It is only partly in jest as we really are free to do this already.  Anyone can pick their own number to start trying, too.  As capable people we should be able to stop doing something which is unpleasant without needing LL’s intervention. 😉

If I wanted to pick a number - where would I start.  How many new homes have been built and are occupied now?  Would 25,000 be a 3 month wait?  a year?  2 years? 

I'd be willing to be placed on a list for a later home if there was a guarantee i'd get a new linden home in the bargain.  Your partly-in-jest suggestion doesn't contain such a guarantee - but if it did, I'd be comfortable with this.  I'm happy to wait my turn if the outcome is reliable. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BelleBax said:

If I wanted to pick a number - where would I start.  How many new homes have been built and are occupied now?  Would 25,000 be a 3 month wait?  a year?  2 years? 

I'd be willing to be placed on a list for a later home if there was a guarantee i'd get a new linden home in the bargain.  Your partly-in-jest suggestion doesn't contain such a guarantee - but if it did, I'd be comfortable with this.  I'm happy to wait my turn if the outcome is reliable. 

The homes are being made.  There WILL be enough.  LL will not stop until there is enough, and they have stated so many times in many threads in many posts.  They are doing this task to the very best of their ability and you are invited to come and watch the progress.  LL is working as hard as they possibly can, as efficiently as possible and also making improvements and adjustments to be even more efficient as they do so!  They do want us to have a great time participating in the process!  You may start trying to get one as they go live any time and you may wait as long as you like between attempts.  LL does know who wants a home and they will not stop until there is enough 😃

• Like 5

Hmmm... okay, easy enough! 

With ABSOLUTELY NO AUTHORITY FROM ANYONE WHATSOEVER BUT MOST ESPECIALLY NO AUTHORITY FROM ANY LINDEN, MOLE, OR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH LINDEN RESEARCH, INC., LINDEN RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL, INC., LINDEN RESEARCH UK, LTD., TILIA INC., AND TILIA BRANCH UK LTD. I declare that you're all on a list now, starting alphabetically in reverse according to the 4th letter of your username, not to be confused with your display name, and beginning with number 48,352. 

I will keep tabs on the list and notify you as your number comes up. I have the list right here, on a sticky note, on the side of my computer. It's already fallen down three times, but it should be fine. Your notification will arrive via carrier pigeon so please make sure your cats are locked up until after your notification arrives.

If unhappy with your placement on this list, please refer to your Linden Home page in your browser and check back as often as you are comfortable with as this list means absolutely nothing and you're free to try for a new Linden Home anytime you wish.

Thank you, and have an absolutely beautiful, magical day! 

This was an attempt at humor... a possibly very lame attempt at humor... please do not take offense as no offense was truly intended. Just a little levity, I hope.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

The homes are being made.  There WILL be enough.  LL will not stop until there is enough, and they have stated so many times in many threads in many posts.  They are doing this task to the very best of their ability and you are invited to come and watch the progress.  LL is working as hard as they possibly can, as efficiently as possible and also making improvements and adjustments to be even more efficient as they do so!  They do want us to have a great time participating in the process!  You may start trying to get one as they go live any time and you may wait as long as you like between attempts.  LL does know who wants a home and they will not stop until there is enough 😃

That's great - but this is not news.  I think it means you don't know how long it would take to get to 25,000 homes.  So, the comment was a bit flip and doesn't really lead me (someone without new home) to believe you're sincere in your attempt to help find a solution.  If you think the process is fair as is - that's fine.  I do not.  I imagine everyone is working to get more homes released.  I do not know that they are working to improve this process - which I find unfortunate at best. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Hmmm... okay, easy enough! 

With ABSOLUTELY NO AUTHORITY FROM ANYONE WHATSOEVER BUT MOST ESPECIALLY NO AUTHORITY FROM ANY LINDEN, MOLE, OR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH LINDEN RESEARCH, INC., LINDEN RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL, INC., LINDEN RESEARCH UK, LTD., TILIA INC., AND TILIA BRANCH UK LTD. I declare that you're all on a list now, starting alphabetically in reverse according to the 4th letter of your username, not to be confused with your display name, and beginning with number 48,352. 

I will keep tabs on the list and notify you as your number comes up. I have the list right here, on a sticky note, on the side of my computer. It's already fallen down three times, but it should be fine. Your notification will arrive via carrier pigeon so please make sure your cats are locked up until after your notification arrives.

If unhappy with your placement on this list, please refer to your Linden Home page in your browser and check back as often as you are comfortable with as this list means absolutely nothing and you're free to try for a new Linden Home anytime you wish.

Thank you, and have an absolutely beautiful, magical day! 

This was an attempt at humor... a possibly very lame attempt at humor... please do not take offense as no offense was truly intended. Just a little levity, I hope.

so helpful - you are on a list as well

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Lists are great for limited supply of once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.  But Linden Homes are going to be in adequate or even superduper supply at some point. 

For people who want the home now now now before anybody else, well, that's its own stress and agitation. Given that you *will* eventually have your dream home sometime in the near future, isn't that worth being happy about?

I don't give a toss about these new homes, personally, but what I am really grateful for is a) Linden Lab still exists after those earthquakes and b ) Patch and others are reading the threads and weighing in.  I feel really grateful about the world still turning in that light.   Homes are coming ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.