When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I know LL doesn’t like GOH because of server restrictions but... isn’t that the reason people have a ton of “rolling accounts”? From a business standpoint, they LOVE GOH. Who could have predicted that a game within a game lol... 

Yes, I'm sure it is one of those LOVE/HATE things with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

<grumble>I'm not sure that LL measures 24 hours the same way I do. I abandoned my camper at 6:50am SLT yesterday (it was claimed at 7:42am SLT) and then caught and released 4 stilt houses between 8:30 and 11am SLT. By my reckoning, I should have 1 chance available now.</grumble>

Happened to me the other day on my alt. Only able to pick up 4 houses(she did not start with one to abandon), and I was well out of my rolled-over time.

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

abandoned my camper at 6:50am SLT yesterday
it was claimed at 7:42am SLT

Do you have those 2 times swapped?  I'm reading that as the home being abandoned about 50 minutes before you claimed it.

No, I've had the camper since July. It was claimed by someone else almost an hour after I'd abandoned it. 

@Patch Linden- I know you folks are not overly wild about the GOH and often don't like to give specifics on stuff, but would you clarify how the "24 hours" is determined for the restriction of 5 houses in 24 hours?

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Not sure why my response to @LittleMe Jewell has appeared within her question to me. To reiterate: I abandoned the camper, which I've had since July, a little over an hour before it was claimed by someone else. I mentioned this to give an obvious timestamp. Having abandoned the camper at 6:50am SLT yesterday, and then claimed and abandoned 4 stilt houses 2-4 hours later, I *should* have had 1 opportunity to claim a new house after 6:50am SLT today. It is now 9:46am SLT, and I'm still being told I have to wait 24 hours.

By now (10:43am SLT), I should be eligible for 2 attempts to get a house. Still no joy. :( 

Update 2: Just got a parcel at 10:53am SLT - one that I abandoned yesterday :( :( 

Edited by Frigga Freidman
updating the update

51 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

2-4 hours later, I *should* have had 1 opportunity to claim a new house after 6:50am SLT today. It is now 9:46am SLT, and I'm still being told I have to wait 24 hours.

Same thing has happened to my alt, 4 tries and then timed out.  Like you, I'm an old hand at this and know how the rolling timeouts have worked up til now.

I doubt LL has changed policies, more likely some technical snafu has occurred.  Maybe the job that resets timeout counters isn't running very often, or isn't getting completely through the list of avatars it has to check.  Sigh.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Same thing has happened to my alt, 4 tries and then timed out.  Like you, I'm an old hand at this and know how the rolling timeouts have worked up til now.

I doubt LL has changed policies, more likely some technical snafu has occurred.  Maybe the job that resets timeout counters isn't running very often, or isn't getting completely through the list of avatars it has to check.  Sigh.

Sigh indeed.

4 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

Pretty confident after 10 tries today, that older abandons take precedence. I didn't get a single new region, all old(first 2 days of stilts) released region stilt abandons.

So I don’t think the OLD abandons are at the top, but more likely recently abandoned, because I have gotten from a new region and old back to back. 

4 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

Pretty confident after 10 tries today, that older abandons take precedence. I didn't get a single new region, all old(first 2 days of stilts) released region stilt abandons.

I have been getting old regions as well for all my 10 tries for the OL the last 2 days. Thinking about giving up on the stilts now as I tried OW and OP and couldn't get into decorating them. Also the ones I keep getting over and over are right in the middle of region. Lol. Might be time to downgrade alts and just keep my houseboat on main acct if I cant snag an OL stilt that I like. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

As I noted above, I caught one in Ponte Squall. I did throw it back, though, so it may be showing as Linden Home again. 

You did indeed mention it - so I'm at a loss to understand how the queuing system works, given that OP and OW houses seem to be claimed once a region become active. I've tried for both types in the last 45 minutes, and both have been abandons. (Must keep my grumbling in check - I was intending to demote this alt to basic, but got my dates mixed up and she got charged for renewal, so if things had gone as planned she wouldn't be playing GoH at all.)

3 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

You did indeed mention it - so I'm at a loss to understand how the queuing system works, given that OP and OW houses seem to be claimed once a region become active. I've tried for both types in the last 45 minutes, and both have been abandons. (Must keep my grumbling in check - I was intending to demote this alt to basic, but got my dates mixed up and she got charged for renewal, so if things had gone as planned she wouldn't be playing GoH at all.)

I am at a loss as well. It seems like once a region starts releasing, and a few homes get claimed, it goes back to shoving abandons to the front of the queue! It certainly is making rolling an adventure. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.