When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This. If you use Firestorm, you can watch on the map for the name on the parcel to change from Linden Home, then you can roll quickly before it gets tossed again. Otherwise, just be one of the creepy folks who stand around on a parcel after they toss it. lol

Lol, slowly but surely, I'm learning all these tricks of the trade :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

There are rainbows in Margaritaville? 

Oh no no, I ended up getting a parcel that Fay let go, and when I checked the set windlight for it, it was the JuicyBomb Rainbow one. So I guess the EEP windlights you put on a parcel stay until the next person changes it.
image.thumb.png.10717e26f60ff0aa715763c55d18d532.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be abandoning this not particularly special lime green home at 6 pm.  I mention it just because, with the cafe next door and all, for some reason this parcel has a good FEEL to it.  The view is cluttered but kinda realistic.  I can picture just hanging out on the deck, waving my drink to the (several) neighbors.  You can rez a boat in the backyard and shove it over the grass into the water, but  I would instead tend to jump it across the street into that deep clear waterway,  which is pretty spacious.  Or maybe just take an inner tube and float over to see what Nando's up to.

Don't know the reason ... stayed here all season ...

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.1f89908051817177021ce2ffc2c46258.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bumbershoot/13/234/26

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'll be abandoning this not particularly special lime green home at 6 pm.  I mention it just because, with the cafe next door and all, for some reason this parcel has a good FEEL to it.  The view is cluttered but kinda realistic.  I can picture just hanging out on the deck, waving my drink to the (several) neighbors.  You can rez a boat in the backyard and shove it over the grass into the water, but  I would instead tend to jump it across the street into that deep clear waterway,  which is pretty spacious.  Or maybe just take an inner tube and float over to see what Nando's up to.

Don't know the reason ... stayed here all season ...

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.1f89908051817177021ce2ffc2c46258.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bumbershoot/13/234/26

I got that one when that sim went and I kept it a few days,  the landscape and the features are adorable. Its a very unique spot!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I'm not targeting anywhere in particular, really don't care if new release or abandoned...just don't want to get the same place three times in a row, out of my 5 tries :(

Just like me!!

What I do not understand: LL has no interest to anger or discourage their paying customers nor that we roll and abandon over and over again, so they should see to it that the same person should NOT be getting the same home (or even the same region) they just abandoned simply by putting an abandoned home  in the LAST place in the row, BEHIND all the others of a certain type.

Would be bad for people who try to give a certain place to their alt or their friend but that is not LL's concern.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Just like me!!

What I do not understand: LL has no interest to anger or discourage their paying customers nor that we roll and abandon over and over again, so they should see to it that the same person should NOT be getting the same home (or even the same region) they just abandoned simply by putting an abandoned home  in the LAST place in the row, BEHIND all the others of a certain type.

Would be bad for people who try to give a certain place to their alt or their friend but that is not LL's concern.

Having worked with developing on line booking platforms in RL, I'm afraid that your suggestion would not be doable without causing serious problems to the system by adding many variables and restrictions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, RitaCallisto said:

Oh no no, I ended up getting a parcel that Fay let go, and when I checked the set windlight for it, it was the JuicyBomb Rainbow one.
image.thumb.png.10717e26f60ff0aa715763c55d18d532.png

@Linden Lab @Patch Linden @Rider Linden
It's a pity that for some unknown reason Linden Lab decided to put the rainbow colours in wrong order in EEP. 🤯
A mistake because they didn't look how the rainbow looks in real sky - or what is it?
Once you see that the colours are in wrong order, you cannot un-see it, which is disturbing. 😵

In real life the colours in rainbow are in the order like in the picture below - ALWAYS.
Rainbow-1.jpg.ef93ee689ae8d0eedf7e87940e73db4c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

It's a pity that for some unknown reason Linden Lab decided to put the rainbow colours in wrong order in EEP. 🤯
A mistake because they didn't look how the rainbow looks in real sky - or what is it?
Once you see that the colours are in wrong order, you cannot un-see it, which is disturbing. 😵

In real life the colours in rainbow are in the order like in the picture below - ALWAYS.

You should perhaps take it up with the EEP creator....? I can't imagine LL is behind that one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

The rainbow is a Linden rainbow. Ask them to reverse the code. It's particles.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Just like me!!

You just have to remember that Linden Homes are starter homes, and the idea is that there should be one for every premium account that wants one. One of the big advantages is that no one can choose what one they have, it’s just down to the timing on when you click.

Those that play the Game of Homes have to accept the limitations of the system, otherwise you will drive yourself mad with frustration.

I really do hope that you are able to get what you are looking for! But will you stop when you get it? ;) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sister Nova said:

....Those that play the Game of Homes have to accept the limitations of the system, otherwise you will drive yourself mad with frustration.

I really do hope that you are able to get what you are looking for! But will you stop when you get it? ;) 

I got it - more that once - and I will never stop! *lol*

My suggestion was not about me and what I am looking for but about the system that throws the same home you just abandoned back at you over and over again. That cannot be in anybodys interest can it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Just like me!!

Without knowing how the backend is actually coded, I'm thinking the easier/better approach would be to enhance the functionality that is limiting you to 5 houses per 24 hours.  Have it actually keep the SLURL of those 5 places and when it assigns you a new one, it simply has to exclude those saved locations from the query that gets a home location.  

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You should perhaps take it up with the EEP creator....? I can't imagine LL is behind that one.

Yes that's what I did. Rider Linden has been involved much with EEP development. I even once met him inworld while he was checking how EEP looks in various places. The wrong colour order in rainbow has been commented also in one JIRA a long time ago. Nothing has happened so far. So, I just wanted to remind about it again here when I saw the rainbow scene image from one stilt home region. 😉

Edited by Coby Foden
Spelling mistake corrected ;)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sister Nova said:

I did. Stop that is.

I have a couple of stilts, a Victorian and a trad and am extremely happy with each location. Took me a while to get what I consider "dream" locations but now that I have them, I am quite happy.

I had a premium alt that wasnt due to expire for a week after getting my fav spots... I tried 3 or 4 times a day out of curiosity to see if I could do better... none of what I got came close to what I already had.

I havent been "house shopping" in a few days now and dont miss it at all. I am just totally enjoying the spots I have. I expect it will be some time before I tire of these locations and consider GOH again.

But I have to say that I extremely enjoy watching this thread.. read it religiously.. and super enjoy seeing what people are finding and releasing. I think I will remain very addicted to this thread during the period where I am no longer house shopping...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I still see all three types of stilts on the LP.

What do you think: Are they still releasing handish one by one (so likely no new regions on Sunday) or is the "mass release" going on and they are all in the pipe in an automated process like what we saw over a year ago when the Victorians were released?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.