When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Yes exactly, I know you can't please everyone, what I said above is just a continue of what I said before, it's just proving my point from the beginning:

They actually don't want you to "know" what you're getting. They sort of hate it when people sweep the neighborhoods. They make it super hard, to be "fair" to all.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

They actually don't want you to "know" what you're getting. They sort of hate it when people sweep the neighborhoods. They make it super hard, to be "fair" to all.

Well, I wish they had an OL/NTW designation; my faves are on land right next to water.  😆 :D

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Yes exactly, I know you can't please everyone, what I said above is just a continue of what I said before, it's just proving my point from the beginning:

8 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:
On 1/14/2021 at 11:28 PM, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I like these 3 releases everyday, you know what to expect so if you don't like the 3 regions released you simply don't go for it, and if your favorite region is about to get released you will have higher chance of getting one there, not like the big mass release of all regions, your chances are way lower of getting what you want,  I don't know why people don't like that!

That was just a thought tho,  you can chill and relax not having to worry about missing your favorite region because you know when it will be released, I hope they will stick with this alphabetical order, it's rally helping.

I understand why you prefer the 3 releases per day.

And, while you might not know why people don't like that, I do know -- because they have posted their reasons here.

Some people (likely the majority of folks wanting homes) cannot sit around at their computer all day waiting for releases.

Some people cannot click through the screens fast enough to get a house during a single region release when all homes in that region are claimed within seconds.

Some people are not playing GOH and are not super picky about location -- they just want a Linden Home of a specific type.

LL really does not like us playing GOH, so I'm sure they are not going out of their way to make that easier.  Their job is to get Linden Homes out to as many people as possible as fast as possible.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Looks on pier to me. On land would mean some of your house is on land...

Looked on Pier on the map but looked like THAT when I landed there.

grafik.thumb.png.6fe8ce38be19c6a78545ba1f672f76de.png

But maybe you are right and I got muddeled using the tiny netbook, seeing hardly anything. Anyway next I caught was the next door neighbour! ;)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

As there still are all types on the LP I decided to abandon all but the one on Pier held by my longterm Premium and just gamble a bit. But beware...

What is offered "on Pier" is the rest sorted out by other hunters. I got two ...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Holiday Dock/220/210/24  17:01 20.01.2021

the controller is not working - was not able to reset it though I tried - no house!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Holiday Dock/136/32/18

though sold as "on Pier" is really "on Land"

I live right across and over one from the second one(i'm on Fluke). Also looks like Pier to me.
image.png.0002df8ba40575c4e65e0b7650b26ced.png

The houses in this area do tend to have a little sand under the pier or right under their front halves. Maybe something wasn't loading?

Edit: Or the link was very messed up and they need to look in to that.

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

&

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I understand why you prefer the 3 releases per day.

And, while you might not know why people don't like that, I do know -- because they have posted their reasons here.

Some people (likely the majority of folks wanting homes) cannot sit around at their computer all day waiting for releases.

Some people cannot click through the screens fast enough to get a house during a single region release when all homes in that region are claimed within seconds.

Some people are not playing GOH and are not super picky about location -- they just want a Linden Home of a specific type.

LL really does not like us playing GOH, so I'm sure they are not going out of their way to make that easier.  Their job is to get Linden Homes out to as many people as possible as fast as possible.

Well yes that's fair if you really think about it. 

I'm new to this "GOH" thing, I don't think I'll be doing it again after the stilts ( I hope ).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LOL - It is true that the GOH becomes addictive to many folks here.

I don't know how many times I've said I was happy with what I had got, and that GoH was over for me... It is now when I'm downgrading alts and staying with what I have, and it's because RL has taken over... Otherwise...

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, RitaCallisto said:

I live right across and over one from the second one(i'm on Fluke). Also looks like Pier to me.
image.png.0002df8ba40575c4e65e0b7650b26ced.png

The houses in this area do tend to have a little sand under the pier or right under their front halves. Maybe something wasn't loading?

Edit: Or the link was very messed up and they need to look in to that.

I really think it has been my mistake - I looked (at the wrong house) and abandoned (the right house) thinking I had abandoned the on Land one ! *lol* ... seeing too many stilst come and go makes me muddleheaded! ;)

I really just try to verify that the one I intend to keep (at least till July) is a rather nice one compared to MANY others (if not all). So I can downgrade my four one-month-house-hunters without regret!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I'm going through them now - there are more regions with "Protected Land" status than 32. BUT of the regions whose houses changed from "Protected Land" to "Linden Home" today, I've found SEVENTEEN in which not a single house of any type has been claimed: Knot Atoll, Lands Edge, Lark Nest, Leeside Harbor, Lei Miz, Liberty Harbour, Lifeboat, Lookout Below, Lunasea Beach, Mangrove Secrets, Memison, Mussel Beach, No Wake, Octopus Garden, Offshore, Otter Limits, Pelican Bayou.  Strangely, in the middle of that, Mango Salsa has 1 claimed parcel.  (Yeah, I'm trying to distract myself from what might happen in DC tomorrow...) Will amend this when I finish going through the remaining regions.

I'm wondering if abandons go ahead of new releases in the queue? This would mean that the new ones only get claimed once all the abandons have been picked up.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

I'm wondering if abandons go ahead of new releases in the queue? This would mean that the new ones only get claimed once all the abandons have been picked up.

Yes, something goofy with all this. I got a pier, abandoned it, and got it back two more times within seconds of each try :(  Then tried for a OL, got one that is horrible and been out there for days.  Thinking all we see on the land page is not new releases, but all the ones people have abandoned...

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

So strange!

The one I got yesterday was an abandon too.

If it's true that abandons are going ahead of new releases, then it needs to be reversed, otherwise the new ones will never be picked up at all. Abandons need to be at the back of the queue, not the front.

Edited by Karly Kiyori
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Karly Kiyori said:

Due to how parcels seem to get picked up these days, some folks have speculated that the above is the case.  

It definitely wasn't back with the original Traditionals / Houseboats release, or even the Squishy Pickle Houseboats release after that.  I used multiple alts to claim and abandon those within the initial 30-60 minutes of the releases and I never once got the same property a second time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Great location and I love your coat/sweater!  May I ask where it is from?

It appears in my inventory as: LUZ - Yuki turtleneck sweater (regular Mesh sizing w/ alpha layer) but I can't find a store by that name when searching. I'm pretty sure it's something I picked up via the now-defunct Stay At Home Club :( 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Due to how parcels seem to get picked up these days, some folks have speculated that the above is the case.  

It definitely wasn't back with the original Traditionals / Houseboats release, or even the Squishy Pickle Houseboats release after that.  I used multiple alts to claim and abandon those within the initial 30-60 minutes of the releases and I never once got the same property a second time.

I don't mind using my 5 tries on new, and not like them, but I feel like I'm wasting the tries on all that I've seen before...going to have to wait a few days to try some more, it's frustrating the other way :P

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.