When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well it's my evening here in the UK so...

Happy Christmas to my fellow home addicts, may your holidays be bright hope to see some of you inworld over the next few days (not abandoning your homes may I add)  :)

Many thanks once again @Patch Lindenand his land  / mole team - yet another year of renewed excitement here in SL for me - and probably tons of headaches for yourselves so enjoy your holidays! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Patch said that after the 23rd no more regions would be released this year. If that so all the Stilts we will see on the LP are bound to be abandons - right?

Did anyone keep record with which regions HAVE been released allready (and when) and would notice if there are any more new ones in the pipeline?

@Frigga Freidmangave a very intersting list in the other thread about what might be yet to come during the holidays.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

@Frigga Freidmangave a very intersting list in the other thread about what might be yet to come during the holidays.

Leaky Hold and Shining Sea have been released since I wrote that, though only a couple of parcels have been claimed in each. Ambergris released (all water) and most appear taken.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

From rereading Patch's post, it is possible that they put in a large batch with each region having a scheduled release time (or some rule to just release the next in the queue after some number of minutes) and things really did slow down regarding people grabbing them and that is why there are still all 3 types on the Land page.

I saw some claimed parcels last night in regions that still had the red outline.

Without knowing more details about how the region releases work on the back end, it is really hard to know for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

How long do I have to wait to play GoH again?  Is the hold on abandoning only for the stilts or can I try for other house types?

The request applies to all home types as they all talk to the same back-end processes.  

What Patch requested was to wait a few days after claiming a home before abandoning it.

ETA:  From the official Update thread at the top of this forum:

image.png.f92b5471f6d15f26e950b5e6ca3b1092.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I'd say you're safe to abandon now. A lot of homes are not being taken.

I understood Patch like "any house types at the new released stilt and houseboat regions". So I think abandoning at the regions which have been moved to the cloud formerly, a few weeks ago, should be safe. The problem was about the house rezzers not really listening right at the new regions, and as he said "a few days" I am not convinced that abandoning will be okay there.

Edited by Anidusa Carolina
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

I understood Patch like "any house types at the new released stilt and houseboat regions". So I think abandoning at the regions which have been moved to the cloud formerly, a few weeks ago, should be safe. The problem was about the house rezzers not really listening right at the new regions, and as he said "a few days" I am not convinced that abandoning will be okay there.

All regions are in the cloud (and when they got there wouldn't really matter) and all houses, of all Themes work with the same back-end services.  So any Abandon and Claim, regardless of home type, will go through the same systems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All regions are in the cloud (and when they got there wouldn't really matter) and all houses, of all Themes work with the same back-end services.  So any Abandon and Claim, regardless of home type, will go through the same systems.

Sure all regions are in the cloud. But concerning the ones migrated a few weeks ago, there haven't been those house rezzer probs like they have with the new ones. So to me, it makes a whatever difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

Sure all regions are in the cloud. But concerning the ones migrated a few weeks ago, there haven't been those house rezzer probs like they have with the new ones. So to me, it makes a whatever difference.

This week when they were testing the release of the new Stilts, people actually started having rez issues with other home type - Log Home, Vics, Houseboats, Traditionals.  

Though things seem to be settling, so it might just have all been the mad dash of everyone clicking at once on the Land page and then again on the home rezzers & inside home controllers -- so way too many things chatting at the back-end services at one time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

no reason to wait.. it's not like your limited rolls roll-over

One reason to wait -- Patch has requested that everyone hold on to whatever they get for a few days before releasing and trying for something new.  That limits the amount of activity constantly hitting the back-end services related to the Homes.

• Like 5

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

This week when they were testing the release of the new Stilts, people actually started having rez issues with other home type - Log Home, Vics, Houseboats, Traditionals.  

Though things seem to be settling, so it might just have all been the mad dash of everyone clicking at once on the Land page and then again on the home rezzers & inside home controllers -- so way too many things chatting at the back-end services at one time.

i just got a Stilt on the pier in Cala del Corsario   and both my new neighbours lost their house while trying to change style   ,i think i wait a bit  ,lol 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

i just got a Stilt on the pier in Cala del Corsario   and both my new neighbours lost their house while trying to change style   ,i think i wait a bit  ,lol 

The neighbors probably just need to reset their controllers by clicking and holding until a message appears saying it's resetting. Then leave it alone for a minute, then they should get a menu. That method worked for me. :) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

The new theme release has highlighted a problem with the database in which the Moles store parcel-specific data.  It is the same database for all home types, which is why we are hearing of problems with Vics, Log Homes, etc. as well as Stilts.  The reason we are hearing fewer problems from the older themes is because the vast majority of those parcels have already chosen their house model, unlike with the Stilts, where every home on newly released regions will be changing model more than once.

Patch is cautioning us not to overburden that database with too many swaps of ANY type of home, I believe.

Which means ... it is time to bake RL cookies!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.