When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think luck just smiled at me, finally.
After requested a Victorian home again, thinking that I had already used my daily quota of five, and by surprise I got this:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bishopshead/200/148/24

I'm still trying to imagine why someone would leave this ... it's amazing, just what I was looking for .... sand :)

bishop_002.jpg

bishop_003.jpg

Edited by Lucille Babenco
  • Like 13

11 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

After requested a Victorian home again, thinking that I had already used my daily quota of five, and by surprise I got this:

I'm still trying to imagine why someone would leave this ... it's amazing, just what I was looking for .... sand :)

bishop_002.jpg

bishop_003.jpg

So after all that, you found an abandoned you like after all! It's a Festivus miracle!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Lucille, you got *my* ideal Victorian! 😄 And someone gave that up! Congratulations indeed.

Thank you :

It was the style I like, the grass is beautiful but I feel more comfortable with the sand, and the views are good.  But I'll have to play a bit with the colours, that yellow wall kill me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

bishop_002.jpg

I would have tossed that back if it had gone to me. The sand texture drives me nuts...

Which is basically the theme here - what one of us dream of, another flees from. If we keep it up, eventually with luck we'll all end up in the right spots for each of us.

Basically my preference is to be next to or in the water, but with green right up to the water land... which is... very rare... But I did manage to catch it.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I would have tossed that back if it had gone to me. The sand texture drives me nuts...

Which is basically the theme here - what one of us dream of, another flees from. If we keep it up, eventually with luck we'll all end up in the right spots for each of us.

Basically my preference is to be next to or in the water, but with green right up to the water land... which is... very rare...

It's very true that what some people like, others dislike ... but with more available homes everybody will get what they want, and not only people with alts.

42 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

bishop_002.jpg

bishop_003.jpg

YAY!!! you scored big.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Sure, I found the needle in the haystack  :)

But I still think that this was one in a thousand, almost impossible.

ARGHHHHHH  Good lord, are you like this in RL?

People have been telling you all day that terrific abandons are not,  at this time, all that rare.  If you don't believe any of us (and clearly you don't), then please believe the reality of what you just experienced.

TERRIFIC ABANDONS ARE NOT TERRIBLY RARE RIGHT NOW.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure what you mean, Lucille, by your distaste for an "abandoned" home.  Are you thinking its like a real life home, where there was a previous tenant, who left dings in the wall & dust bunnies behind the fridge?  That doesn't really apply to a virtual house that didn't suit someone's taste.  They are all clean & shiny each time you rez one.  No dust bunnies.  Maybe you just need to think about it a different way?  Instead of keeping the copy you tp into, rez a new one & its a completely new house, never touched by anyone before you.  If you like the neighborhood, you stay.  If it doesn't suit you, abandon & try again.  It usually is a slow process, but that can be fun.  Now that I'm (temporarily) settled, I miss the hunt, lol.

Don't be discouraged or disappointed, make a game of it.   😉

Haha,  never mind!  I see you did find your dream, congratulations.  Its a great spot, & I love the yellow you chose.

Edited by GinaFreumann
  • Like 1

Ok this is strange. I can bring it up on my phone but not on my laptop.

I tried shutting down and it still won't load up. It's only on that one account. All the others are fine. I can get into the account but just not onto that page.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd go turn on my PC and see what happens 

44 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

ARGHHHHHH  Good lord, are you like this in RL?

People have been telling you all day that terrific abandons are not,  at this time, all that rare.  If you don't believe any of us (and clearly you don't), then please believe the reality of what you just experienced.

TERRIFIC ABANDONS ARE NOT TERRIBLY RARE RIGHT NOW.

I'm not as bad a person as I seem,  sometimes I just like to create a bit of controversy and see what happens, but I do it without bad intention.   I don't have many luck, and when you see people here every day posting about their great and awesome homes they got with their X premiums alts... got a bit angry.  Most of the day I'm a normal person

39 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

I'm not sure what you mean, Lucille, by your distaste for an "abandoned" home.  Are you thinking its like a real life home, where there was a previous tenant, who left dings in the wall & dust bunnies behind the fridge?  That doesn't really apply to a virtual house that didn't suit someone's taste.  They are all clean & shiny each time you rez one.  No dust bunnies.  Maybe you just need to think about it a different way?  Instead of keeping the copy you tp into, rez a new one & its a completely new house, never touched by anyone before you.  If you like the neighborhood, you stay.  If it doesn't suit you, abandon & try again.  It usually is a slow process, but that can be fun.  Now that I'm (temporarily) settled, I miss the hunt, lol.

Don't be discouraged or disappointed, make a game of it.   😉

Haha,  never mind!  I see you did find your dream, congratulations.  Its a great spot, & I love the yellow you chose.

I'm an adult,  GinaFreumann, and I fully understand that homes in SL are what they are, bits as all, they don't have old or crap furnitures of previous owners…   it's your new home when you got it… that's clear.  Here the homes don't have an history. they don't keep things from other people.  The "abandoned" concept refers to a home that someone has previously left, different than a "new home" released by Linden.  But right, both are homes.

Yes, you can call it a game, it's just the way to get a Linden Victorian home.

Oh no, I didn't select that yellow…. it was there in the home... :)

40 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

I'm not as bad a person as I seem,  sometimes I just like to create a bit of controversy and see what happens, but I do it without bad intention.   I don't have many luck, and when you see people here every day posting about their great and awesome homes they got with their X premiums alts... got a bit angry.  Most of the day I'm a normal person

Frustration can take a little while to move past so I get that... but creating controversy to see what happens is never a good impulse.
(I create a lot of controversy in here more often than I'd like... but it's NEVER been just for kicks... I just happen to have a radically different worldview than most here and it means I am often the oil swimming in their water... people that just stir up things for kicks... that tends to go in bad directions...)

Do note over time that... the people posting about great spots they got with alts... have often been spending weeks or months tossing back 5 plots a day on that alt to get the one they finally post about.

Your actual search, as you will note with time if you pay attention to the names here, was dramatically shorter than it was for most of us for a parcel that 99% of SLers would call possibly one of the best spots possible to get.

It literally would have had to have been in the hands of me, on a split personality I was not aware of, for it to get tossed back... I think I am the only person who posts in here that wouldn't want that plot as one of their top choices... most of the regulars here have spent months trying to get that lucky... that is actually WHY many of them have spent a lot of money on alts... you managed to get it pretty quickly, and with your main...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Kayden Oconnell said:

Curious about the windlight setting you're using here. I'd like to use this on my beach lot.

Oh hmm, I change it up a lot while I'm travelling. Looking at it here, I'm going to say it was most likely Annan Adored Light Explosion II. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.