When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, I remember that comment about the Pickle, I think it was unnecessary. People are still responsible for what they do, if a comment about "trash" makes them abandon some place, it is still on them.

I regret a bit that I abandoned a trailer, but it's done and gone. It was all me, I decided I didn't want a trailer, until I saw what others had done with their trailer homes.

You don't think others are influenced by the negative comments? Yes, I am ashamed for letting those comments influence me into looking around more when I was fine where I was.  And yes, I am definitely embarrassed for those who have to use words such as Beth stated above.  If this were real life, there would most surely not be any negative comments about the property in the listing.

Edited by Cricket Portland
I responded to the correct person, but the incorrect post.
  • Like 4

I've abandoned lots of homes but not one of them did I not think was beautiful. I enjoyed the hopping around because I have always done that in SL. I rarely stayed anywhere very

long even when I bought mainland I usually just abandon rather than wait on selling. I think I have a gypsy soul lol so its hardly surprising that when I really fell in love with a home, it was a trailer, near a water fall and river alongside. This time I'm home :) I might even stay a few weeks lol But trailers are the homes for me.

Snapshot_004 (5).png

• Like 13

@Elyeah I am (or was) a mainland land-hopper too. So many intriguing spots, and if an idea came to mind (or if a neighbor installed a club or a horse farm or w/e) I'd drop one and move to a new one. I finally found my spot on mainland, though, and have been there a few years now.

In Bellisseria, I had two homes since May; the third was an abandon that was the exact opposite of what I wanted, and I ended up loving it unexpectedly. Nothing yet has tempted me to move although I did bump an alt to hop round for a month. Old habits die hard. Not sure what I'd have done if the alt got a nice spot like yours!

Edited by Hendrix Portal
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Hendrix Portal said:

@Elyeah I am (or was) a mainland land-hopper too. So many intriguing spots, and if an idea came to mind (or if a neighbor installed a club or a horse farm or w/e) I'd drop one and move to a new one. I finally found my spot on mainland, though, and have been there a few years now.

In Bellisseria, I had two homes since May; the third was an abandon that was the exact opposite of what I wanted, and I ended up loving it unexpectedly. Nothing yet has tempted me to move although I did bump an alt to hop round for a month. Old habits die hard. Not sure what I'd have done if the alt got a nice spot like yours!

I have a little spot on mainland that I think I will keep for a long time. It has no water near but is roadside and lots of abandoned and hills near. I also  got a lovely trailer spot with another account but took a chance and abandoned it, hoping to find one with my main account as I really prefer just to use my main account and have everything in that name.

Most of the homes I have got have been abandons including ones in really lovely spots. I was lucky to get a houseboat in Alala and a beach front house on Badger beach when they were released but the rest were all abandons including the trailer I have now. People not online for releases should take heart because the houses, HBs and trailers which are abandoned are as good as any you will catch on release days. I caught a lovely sea view home in Foxbridge when on my break at work by using my phone lol

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Elyeah said:

People not online for releases should take heart because the houses, HBs and trailers which are abandoned are as good as any you will catch on release days. I caught a lovely sea view home in Foxbridge when on my break at work by using my phone lol

Totally agree with this.  I have gotten some really nice locations that people got rid of simply because they wanted to try for a houseboat or the location wasn't beachy enough for them.   I myself have given up a great location just because there was too much sand for me and I like green.  Personally I think one has a better chance of getting an abandoned parcel rather than trying for a new release.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Arquet said:

Boat floated by just now (00:40 SLT); first home I've seen in days - is it just me, or have things been unusually quiet on the home spotting front?.

I've been refreshing several hours yesterday without ANY alarm. Might be it was because of Sunday.

Today will be different. Monday is release-day. And to be prepared I'll abandon my parcel in Lostbell.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lostbell/150/228/22/

See picture near the seashore but second row road between me and the sea

To give you time to look at it (and people in USA a chance to be awake) I'll abandon at 6:00 SLT (before the Monday release is expected!)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I've been refreshing several hours yesterday without ANY alarm. Might be it was because of Sunday.

Today will be different. Monday is release-day. And to be prepared I'll abandon my parcel in Lostbell.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lostbell/150/228/22/

See picture near the seashore but second row road between me and the sea

To give you time to look at it (and people in USA a chance to be awake) I'll abandon at 6:00 SLT (before the Monday release is expected!)

I hope you get one with green grass now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I hope you get one with green grass now.

unfortunately I am hunting for something that we call the "eierlegende Wollmilchsau" ;)

(that is a pig with wool that gives milk and lays eggs) ... in other word a parcel with nothing (no street no house) between me and the ocean that still has a green garden ... maybe a bit elevated? ... with full view from the Wichester balcony to the beach. I saw a few on the Pickle that might meet that 95% - but only very few.

I doubt if I'll catch one of them but if I don't I'll be quite happy with my Axim- house!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

unfprtunately I am hunting for something that we call the "eierlegende Wollmilchsau" ;)

Ooooh, that is a brilliant expression!

I saw a Traditional at 06:08 and assumed it was yours, but I guess I was wrong. 

• Like 2

On the other hand ... today Leora will grab whatever she can get  ... because ...

She has had a houseboat and has had a camper ... abandoned those at once ... without first taking the texturepacks out of the  postboxes (liveguardthingies and signs) and  since SHE is the one who decorates and has all the furniture it is akward if she allways has to let an alt texture things she builds! ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

On the other hand ... today Leora will grab whatever she can get  ... because ...

She has had a houseboat and has had a camper ... abandoned those at once ... without first taking the texturepacks out of the  postboxes (liveguardthingies and signs) and  since SHE is the one who decorates and has all the furniture it is akward if she allways has to let an alt texture things she builds! ;)

I have done the same thing, especially since they added to the house content pack.  :D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.