Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, minorfailure said:

Perfection doesnt exist... But today I am close. And this one is mine. For long. ❤️

😃

image.png.7a715968fe27279bce7b02161efc08d7.png

That's exact the spot I thought was best in Lostbell. I didn't dare to give up my beach property, but congratulations. It's hard to beat that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

1pm

I always have trouble converting between SLT to (Maritime) and back to Eastern :P 

Edited by Elora Lunasea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elora Lunasea said:

I always have trouble converting between SLT to Pacific and back to Eastern :P 

lol....I'm a travel agent - I keep a printout on the wall of military time, and UTC on my Windows clock.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed some poo-pooing of parcels in the past and recently, and it makes me sad.  I am ashamed to say that I have been influenced by the negative comments and abandoned a few to seek something I didn't realize was out there until I read comments here. I wish I didn't because I had nice neighbors. Sometimes I feel like I am reading a private entry from someone's journal and feel embarrassed after reading what I think should be private thoughts. I might be silly, but I am in awe of each any every little thing in Bellisseria, and a big WOW and THANK YOU goes out to the Lindens and Moles.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I always have trouble converting between SLT to (Maritime) and back to Eastern :P 

If you use Windows, you can have 2 additional clocks alongside the system clock with the local time (the one that usually live in the bottom right hand corner); you have to click the time to show the clocks, but it's useful anyway. (Hope I'm making sense, and that somebody might find the info useful?)

So you can set one to SL time and have that available via one mouse click...

Edited by Arquet
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, minorfailure said:

Perfection doesnt exist... But today I am close. And this one is mine. For long. ❤️

image.thumb.png.8a8d9d2a955232c348bcf1d0f40d4acf.png

image.png.03f4622e748831dfbd8a0bc76e132b7c.png

image.thumb.png.8e3a73ea24d5d78b2b28f4aecfd4b271.png

I love pools and you have one on each side of you now!  I would have added the one that you did also.  Can't have enough pools! Ha. :) 

Oh wait, are you in the house or the boat?

Edited by Cricket Portland
Oops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Your turn to get a house today!

Did not get your house but....

got the house WAY UP at the top of the hill in Lostbell. It's pretty fabulous - overlooking the entire area. I de-rendered the bushes and I have a really good clear view of the entire water line up there. NICE.  Really good walkway leading to the house also.

I changed the house 1/2 way through taking pix - I'll have a wonderful view if I use the Winchester from all sides. I"M THRILLED WITH THIS. Going to give up my other house on my main account for this one. 

Quick shots - I'm at the office

 

hilly_001

 

hilly_002hilly_003

Esplin starts right at the next house. 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

The balcony was the only reason I bought it.

I was super bummed about the rest of it. Even the scale doesn't feel right. 

But hey, it's only money, right? 😋

Is it made such that you could rip the balcony from it and only use that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

I love pools and you have one on each side of you now!  I would have added the one that you did also.  Can't have enough pools! Ha. :) 

Oh wait, are you in the house or the boat?

House 😛

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is it made such that you could rip the balcony from it and only use that?

Probably. I certainly will try. Just bought it a couple of days ago so haven't had time to try tearing it apart yet. Maybe tonight

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ugh can't get into my house.

I WAS inside like 5 minutes ago. Several times and now it won't let me in. 

Weirder. 

I can get into the Aderly and the Adams (although only 1 door of the front one opens on the Adams) but not the Continental or the Winchester.

Although, the 2nd floor balcony doors will open on the Winchester.

Like, wth? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cricket Portland said:

I have noticed some poo-pooing of parcels in the past and recently, and it makes me sad.  I am ashamed to say that I have been influenced by the negative comments and abandoned a few to seek something I didn't realize was out there until I read comments here. I wish I didn't because I had nice neighbors.

I think we have to distinguish between hopping around for the sheer joy of hopping, which some are still doing, and hopping to find a better home.  If you're looking for a better home to keep, it's important to know when to stop.  Neighbors are very important.  The homes my partner & I are keeping are wonderful TO US; my favorite home in Belli was an abandon on Millers Pond.  Our build is very small, we use it as we would a cabin in Maine, you know?  It just has a great country-getaway feeling to it.  The area is pretty, and we have a water rez zone across the street.  But a veteran hopper might abandon it immediately, because it's not spectacular. Just very very nice.

We're also probably keeping the houseboat on Fourze that I made into a studio, which my partner now is doing the same with.  It's a wonderful site, with a lighthouse, next to the river down to Camperwich.  It, too, was an abandon.  Different strokes.

The Joy of Hopping has many aspects - I love hopping just to see different parcels (i LURVE looking at real estate RL), and get a rush whenever I succeed on the land page. Hopping a lot can lead to becoming jaded with certain parcel designs, and immediate abandons, which people share here in hopes that the parcel finds a good owner.  I hope readers realize that residents who are actively hopping often are playing sort of a Belli meta-game; it may have little to do with settling down into a Linden Home.  Because you are right, some of those quick abandons are great properties with terrific neighbors. 

You've probably noticed that some forumites have entered a phase of settling in, letting monthly premiums expire on alts, and enjoying our toys and parcels.  I'm moving into that phase now, having a blast just hanging out in Belli, made a couple of neighbor-friends, doing more adventuring.   I've gone ATVing twice on the unbuilt land south of the campers, what a blast! My partner & I have expired two premium alts, and will another after I've landscaped one very nice parcel that I can't see keeping.  Haven't been participating in recent releases at all, so for the moment I'm no longer a hopper. That may change when new themes arise, but by then we'll probably be ready to let current homes go.  For now, I'm enjoying not know what region will release next :)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think we have to distinguish between hopping around for the sheer joy of hopping, which some are still doing, and hopping to find a better home.  If you're looking for a better home to keep, it's important to know when to stop.  Neighbors are very important.  The homes my partner & I are keeping are wonderful TO US; my favorite home in Belli was an abandon on Millers Pond.  Our build is very small, we use it as we would a cabin in Maine, you know?  It just has a great country-getaway feeling to it.  The area is pretty, and we have a water rez zone across the street.  But a veteran hopper might abandon it immediately, because it's not spectacular. Just very very nice to stay in.

The Joy of Hopping has many aspects - I love hopping just to see different parcels (i LURVE looking at real estate RL), and get a rush whenever I succeed on the land page. Hopping a lot can lead to becoming jaded with certain parcel designs, and immediate abandons, which people share here in hopes that the parcel finds a good owner.  I hope readers realize that residents who are actively hopping often are playing sort of a Belli meta-game; it may have little to do with settling down into a Linden Home.  Because you are right, some of those quick abandons are great properties with terrific neighbors. 

You've probably noticed that some forumites have entered a phase of settling in, letting monthly premiums expire on alts, and enjoying our toys and parcels.  I'm moving into that phase now, having a blast just hanging out in Belli, made a couple of neighbor-friends, doing more adventuring.   I've gone ATVing twice on the unbuilt land south of the campers, what a blast! My partner & I have expired two premium alts, and will another after I've landscaped one very nice parcel that I can't see keeping.  Haven't been participating in recent releases at all, so for the moment I'm no longer a hopper. That may change when new themes arise, but by then we'll probably be ready to let current homes go.  For now, I'm enjoying not know what region will release next :)

All of this.

To add, for myself. My houseboat, which I got early on, I'll probably never let go of. While it doesn't have a beachy area near it or any "amenities" nearby - what it does have is mostly unobstructed views and open waters perfect for sailing. And my neighbor across the way is extremely friendly and pleasant to chat with although neither of us are their too much.  My husbands houseboat is fairly nearby and he likes to sail over to get me (not that I don't have my own boat but it's nice anyway). 

Love the lot I got for my cabin/trailer too. Will not give this up either. Lovely view of a waterfall, private and peaceful.  

Both of those were "firsts" of each type. Have had no need to look any further.

My house, however, has been another story. I too, love real estate in RL. I work in architecture and have for decades so perhaps that makes me somewhat pickier about the more traditional home and the surrounding area/view/landscaping.  I've had a few homes that I liked quite a bit but for one reason or another weren't quite right for me; either due to neighbors (one person who kept putting up business related advertising, another who was too chatty an kept trying talk to me and pretty and I'm friendly in groups but I'm really not much for being neighborly like that unless we really hit it off right away). Or the land felt to boxed-in, with poor lighting, etc. 

I do like the house I have now, but the one I got today with an alt does surpass it. Both are very private (a huge plus for me) but opposites for location; the one I'll give up is at the very bottom of a hill, on a cul-de-sac and really not seen by other homes very well. The new one, at the very TOP of a hill - over looking all other homes with great views of the open Linden water, houseboats, and homes below. I like it MUCH better - the light is beautiful. It makes me happy. And right now, it also looks like the perfect spot for a great Halloween house!

 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

<snip>

I do like the house I have now, but the one I got today with an alt does surpass it. Both are very private (a huge plus for me) but opposites for location; the one I'll give up is at the very bottom of a hill, on a cul-de-sac and really not seen by other homes very well. The new one, at the very TOP of a hill - over looking all other homes with great views of the open Linden water, houseboats, and homes below. I like it MUCH better - the light is beautiful. It makes me happy. And right now, it also looks like the perfect spot for a great Halloween house!

 

That house you're in now....if I get the house I want (yes, I'm still dreaming) on Esplin, we'll practically be neighbors. It's on the northern region border. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

That house you're in now....if I get the house I want (yes, I'm still dreaming) on Esplin, we'll practically be neighbors. It's on the northern region border. :)

You, I'll talk to 😋

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...