If you have more than one home ..

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

For the record, I, for one, do not believe CoffeeDuJour was saying anything bad about anyone. But look at what happened to Abnor Mole here: it's almost impossible to make any suggestion of the sort, or someone, somewhere, will read 'passive-aggressiveness' and/or anything other untoward in it. I was even gonna write that, naturally it goes without saying that giving up one's second home would be a nice gesture, but decided not to do so. Well, Q.E.D, did it anyway, but only to illustrate that one cannot make any such remark, without somewhere, around the globe, someone reading a passive-agressive request into it to give up their home. And honestly, I don't want anyone to experience that kind of pressure. Which is why I said (earlier) that I would prefer if threads like this didn't even existed. But that's just me.

I don't know you... but I really, really, really, really hope you get your home soon. You have been so kind and patient and you deserve for that to be rewarded. You seem to be a genuinely awesome person. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I vote , Yes to people only having one home because: we all know it has more to do with an active community than anything else.

so tired of depressed ghost towns, towns that close up etc

but i am not sure if I believe the needs of the many out weight the needs if the individual.

Thats the debate right? community over individual? 

Edited by Louminca

9 minutes ago, Louminca said:

I vote , Yes to people only having one home because: we all know it has more to do with an active community than anything else.

I disagree with the "more... than anything else". For one thing, as stated previously, an active community does not require that every member of it reside there in order to participate. Bay City is a stellar example of this. People from all over the grid take part in events there, whether or not they actually own a Bay City parcel.

Also, people who provide extra financial support to SL by paying for more than one premium account should not be forced or shamed or coerced into not using the benefits that go with having paid accounts. Period.

Luckily, it is not up for a vote.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, Louminca said:

Thats the debate right? community over individual?

ok deal.. you or somebody else pay for my premium so i can be in the community too, i can't now but with your support i finally can own a house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I don't know you... but I really, really, really, really hope you get your home soon. You have been so kind and patient and you deserve for that to be rewarded. You seem to be a genuinely awesome person. 

Awww, that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me here! ❤️ Thanks. 🤗

EDIT: I just realize I will need to stay terribly nice now, from here on it. No more snarky remarks, no more letting the inner 'wolf' come out (to borrow a page from Nonviolent Communication). No pressure, right?! LOL.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Awww, that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me here! ❤️ Thanks. 🤗

EDIT: I just realize I will need to stay terribly nice now, from here on it. No more snarky remarks, no more letting the inner 'wolf' come out (to borrow a page from Nonviolent Communication). No pressure, right?! LOL.

If you have anything snarky you need passed along while you are in the "nice" group, just let one of us bad people that have more than one home know so we can say it for you. LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Where did anyone say that is what they are doing?

And where does it even say ppl now need to give account of what they're doing with their homes?! Whenever I get my new home, I should just stuff it full of 'cushions and the chairs,' just to show 'em. 😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

It looks like the people who found it possible to get one home have the same ability to get two or more, whereas others have struggled to even get one place. I think it would have felt fairer to favour those who didn't have a Bellerissa plot already, but I don't know how that could have been managed without causing other problems elsewhere. I'm not blaming anyone, especially as the level of demand wasn't anticipated. 

In my opinion. It isn't a good idea, or helpful to the community feel, to pressurise those who are honest enough to share the fact that they have multiple homes on the forum (not talking about @CoffeeDujour here in terms of pressurising) There are probably *lots* of people staying silent, or who don't visit the forum and possibly haven't thought about the issue at all who could be doing any combination of things which people are objecting to (not decorating, having multiple homes, etc etc)  and the regular forumites, who must be invested in community or wouldn't post here so regularly, are taking the stick because they are being upfront.

I was really sad about not getting a houseboat, but the long view is that more plots are being planned, and all the demand is such a good thing for everyone in the end. Yeah, they got it right! I've been driving around and reminding myself how nice the place is, and worth waiting for.

• Like 10

To expand on my OP slightly, as some are coming away with the impression that the purpose of this thread is to guilt them into letting go of some materialistic thing. It is not.

My goal is to encourage the only easy option we have to build the community. While we have the opportunity. 

The homes are not the community.

The homes are just the bait, limited demand boosting the desire to own one further.

Community is the result of a lot of us wanting to be in the same place, doing similar things at the same time. It's not magic, the homes gave us a huge motivational push to get over the hump of interacting with strangers.

All LL did was get the recipe right, one in only a handful of times over the last 16 years. This is super rare.

In time there will be an ample supply of homes and house boats, we will all be able to have as many as we care to pay for, and we won't because the excitement about owning one has waned. While the population count will be higher, the density will drop and the community with it as the social hump returns. This will happen much sooner than we would like. This is inevitable.

We can not expect LL to maintain the community, that is entirely beyond their control and comes down to us and our actions, now.

Every new person we can pull in gives us all one more roll of the dice. Will we get a friend, a neighbor, organizer, entertainer, creator, extrovert, introvert, frenemy, curmudgeon, ....

Growing the community after the rush will be hard and in most cases, require pre-existing social connections.

Getting people in now while the bait is hot, simply by holding the door open, is the easiest it will ever be and connections formed now will out live this latest shinny new thing.

If giving up a second home, for any reason at all is not something you are willing to do (and please, don't feel the need to justify anything), or if you only have one home, there are other things you can do.

Invite your friend to move in with you and get them in the community groups. if you don't mind others using your home, don't just leave the door open or declare yours an open house and invite people to squat (don't expect people to take liberties you wouldn't take yourself), make it personal and bring / install a friend.

If you don't have a home and feel that you're being left out, join the community groups and see if anyone wants a house mate.

Edited by CoffeeDujour
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

As a person who does indeed have two homes, perhaps I would be better served to stay out of this thread,

As my dad told me, when I was still a wee lass even,  "Never let anyone push you into a situation you don't want to be in... or out of a place you want to be in!" In fact, it even pains me to hear you consider that maybe you have no place here. :( You belong here, lady, for no greater reason than that you wish to be here. Period.** You are not beholden to anyone to explain why you have two LL homes, and what you plan to do with them.

And I really liked what you said about community. So true. Heck, I just linked a vid of a tour of Bellisseria when I read this post of yours. And, last time I checked, the public roads are all, erm, public, right?! So anyone can just visit your little slice of Heaven. 'And there was much rejoicing!'

** Sorry, got a bit maudlin there; I guess it's just one of those days. 😌

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:
20 hours ago, Jeston said:

Why thank you goddess Sylvia, it must have taken quite restraint on your part.

tenor.gif.cf530fb26a5c08939b411b2af99db45e.gif

Just a sock puppet alt of someone that doesn't want to use their normal account to post the obnoxious stuff.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA... now you see my cunning plan to make everyone be nice... 

We all let the inner wolf out occasionally... I do, anyway, at least 17-18 times a day. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just a sock puppet alt of someone that doesn't want to use their normal account to post the obnoxious stuff.

Oh, I'm familiar with this particular little weasel. I've had the... pleasure... of being in his vicinity once or twice. 

You know what? That's an insult to cute little weasels. He's just a 💩.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 2:31 PM, WillowTenage said:

The property at the top right, just connected to mine is for sale and I'm really tempted to buy it, but am holding off.. property ownership seems to be addictive 😁

My willpower is weak, I purchased my third premium account. and the property next to the 512 parcel I bought a few days ago.  It was just too tempting, 900L a week, and another 1024sqm of land holdings.   No more though!  

Any of you that have more than one property in Bellerisa  have nothing to feel guilty about, you are paying for your premium accounts.  When the 512s are released in Bellerisa  , I'm grabbing one for my first alt, and dropping the old linden home.   

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, Lovein1009 said:

I was lucky enough to get a house boat in yesterdays release and to be completely honest will probably not be using it much for a while, so i am offering it as a place for anyone who didn't get one to use and enjoy the new community:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Slippery Wharf/79/149/27

Thank you, Lovein! That's sweet of you to welcome visitors. I checked out your houseboat and the neighborhood. I look forward to getting mine at some point, after the furor dies down. 

4 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oh, I'm familiar with this particular little weasel. I've had the... pleasure... of being in his vicinity once or twice. 

You know what? That's an insult to cute little weasels. He's just a 💩.

Who are you exactly? Never seen you before. 

This again?

Sigh...

Sooo... let me guess? Let's all get our sickles and go in a witch hunt of sorts right?

Look, that guy doesn't have enough trafic in his parcel! Away with him.

And there! That other completely unknown person doesn't have any prims in his parcels! Begone with him!

That one does have 6 LI in his parcel, so that's a completely different case. He is worthy to stay!

See where this is going?

You will have people judging others without knowing the truth behind why their parcel aren't used enough as per your personal opinion.

Worst: we already have people "checking" other people's parcels, in order to see how many prims are there, how much trafic, existence of a skybox, etc... 

And somehow, this kind of behavior is supposed to "bring us together as a community"?

Really?

Edited by Marsellus Walcott
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Marsellus Walcott said:

existence of a skybox, etc...

I'm one of those horrible people "who do weird crap and try to hide the creepy items they put down often." I realize the SSB (Secret Service of Bellisseria ) will come for me eventually. But as long as I can, I stay here respectively up in the sky! :P

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

I'm one of those horrible people "who do weird crap and try to hide the creepy items they put down often." I realize the SSB (Secret Service of Bellisseria ) will come for me eventually. But as long as I can, I stay here respectively up in the sky! :P

Oh I am going to be loud and proud when i get time to decorate properly and put all my creepy stuff in full view.  

• Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.