If you have more than one home ..

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I had put my two alts back in premium status leading up to the first release of new homes, and did get both of them a home through refreshing after the first release.  Afterwards, I realized now that they were premium at the annual rate, it was better for me to have them abandon their homes and apply their tier to my 2048 sqm mainland parcel.  I also abandoned my own home when abandoning theirs, but I did luck out getting a houseboat yesterday for myself, which I plan on keeping. So, between 3 premium accounts I have 1 new houseboat, and free tier for my mainland parcel (and more lindens to spend each week).

"getting a house for myself"  This makes my head spin! 🤣  I'm not criticizing,  its just funny..aren't they you also?  I'd love to know how other people feel about their alts.  I use 3 besides Gina, who is most like my public self--1 hunts zombies & such with just a spear,  1 shops like crazy for the rest of us, & the other is my immature self, haha.  SL is perfect for exploring yourself, as well as other diverse people, & so many things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

"getting a house for myself"  This makes my head spin! 🤣  I'm not criticizing,  its just funny..aren't they you also?  I'd love to know how other people feel about their alts.  I use 3 besides Gina, who is most like my public self--1 hunts zombies & such with just a spear,  1 shops like crazy for the rest of us, & the other is my immature self, haha.  SL is perfect for exploring yourself, as well as other diverse people, & so many things.

:)  I probably should have said "for my primary account".  They are "all me", but as the typist I identify the most with Moira, and try to not have the other two be "just me"  as well.  One is generally an elf or fairy (and generally the irresponsible younger sister), and the other one is usually a Dinkie, so I tend to keep different stories in my mind for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

:)  I probably should have said "for my primary account".  They are "all me", but as the typist I identify the most with Moira, and try to not have the other two be "just me"  as well.  One is generally an elf or fairy (and generally the irresponsible younger sister), and the other one is usually a Dinkie, so I tend to keep different stories in my mind for them. 

I love that.  My first into SL was an elf, Whimsy Thirdborn (before they made everyone "Resident") I miss her.  SL was very different then, it was enormously  thrilling to see "me" walking along a flowery path, & even flying 😍

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

I love that.  My first into SL was an elf, Whimsy Thirdborn (before they made everyone "Resident") I miss her.  SL was very different then, it was enormously  thrilling to see "me" walking along a flowery path, & even flying 😍

What a wonderful name, especially for an elf!  

I have no beautiful Belliseria houseboat/home yet... Nevertheless, I don't begrudge others their second LL home. People like @Sylvia Tamalyn paid for multiple Premium accounts, and she is entitled to have as many homes as she paid for, without the need to feel guilty. The shortage of new LL homes is a bit of an issue, granted; but the onus is always on Linden Labs to provide, and not on other Residents to let go of their property (unduly).

I never thought Abnor meant that ppl weren't being 'nice' for not giving up their second home, btw. Or that he was being 'passive aggressive' or anything. Still, I would personally prefer it when threads like this didn't even exist, as, even with the best of intentions, the inference seems to invariably always boil down to suggesting others should be giving up their surplus homes. They don't have to. Not on account of me, at least. Just be happy with what you have; and then, one day, I'll hope to join you, is all. And in the meantime, post some nice photos of your creations, if you feel like it. :)

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

There was no passive aggressiveness in my previous statement. It is not greedy to have two or more premium alts each with a new Linden Home. If it makes you feel better, replace "it would be nice" with "it would be an act of generosity far above and beyond what is expected". That is all I meant when I asked people to simply entertain the thought of abandoning one as an act of kindness and generosity to their fellow residents.

I assume the Lab legal  ok'd this statement? I'm sorry if someone  PAID for a level of benefits and then the company says 'be nice, give us the money but don't use the benefits" it is kind of implying the INTENT was never to supply enough homes.  I didn't realize there was a list of "beyond what is expected."   What behavior  is "expected"? 

I *don't* believe that  the Lab had "bad" intent , I see the empty regions waiting but statements like this do not help, in my opinion.

And setting residents against each other is NOT community building. (Neither is the parcel sniffing pack of people , google doc-ing number of prims and parcel traffic--get a LIFE)

As I said in another thread, yes I believe it is time for "kindness and generosity "--and it should come from the Lab. If someone bought premium when the new homes were announced , did not get one OR USE ANY LAND BENEFITS , they could get a  premium credit until Linden releases a LARGE number of new homes. No cash back, just membership time extension. Don't even pay the the extra stipend, just give them the extra time to snag a new home. Who loses with this?

Edited by Cam Mode
typo
  • Like 6
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

I assume the Lab legal  ok'd this statement? I'm sorry if someone  PAID for a level of benefits and then the company says 'be nice, give us the money but don't use the benefits" it is kind of implying the INTENT was never to supply enough homes.

O, c'mon, give the guy a break! He already qualified his remark, and it was clear he had nothing sinister in mind. Just make like Frozen, and let it go! 😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

Well I feel my alts to be a virtual family with Leora the eldest sister and the woman behind the keyboard the mother of them all.

I love to dress them up and play with them like a little girl with her Barbies and Ken.

They have very different looks and personalities. Besides Leora, the blonde who looks like myself in my twenties, there is one brother who is male off course. He is my malemodel for clothes, sometimes my dancing partner and styled after my ideal man. Then there is a sinfull sister with loose morals (brown hair) and the twins, both mediterranean types and blackhaired, one of them engaged as a half Italian in Versailles RP (years ago) the other is more sophisticated. The next is a redhaired, she is supposed to have Irish ancestors and she started off as a housemaid in an eigthteenth century RP region. And finally my youngest, she was born much later for a "Newby Style Challenge" and is blonde, girlish, a bit naive - and at the moment the landlord for her whole family. ;)

Btw: all of the girls use the same shape "ideal eva" (made by me back in 2008 or so) and usually go around "basic" (without Mesh bodies or heads, just hands), so they have a certain family resemblance in spite of the skins and hairstiles.

2.PS: they are all very OLD and have double Names, only the youngest is a "Resident"

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

We all certainly can do whatever we have the ability to do, but then there is the question: what if everyone made the same decision I made? We must behave in a way that if everyone else behaved in the same way, things would still work out. I feel like, unless I'm  missing something, many of you are putting words into the OPs mouth. They aren't saying anything bad about those who DID take a second home (bc you have the right to take as many homes and you have premiums. If 100 people had 5 premium accounts each, then they could very well take a good portion of the continent. It's not dictated per person. It's per premium, and that's fair). They're just putting a For Your Consideration that perhaps if you wait on the 2nd home until there isn't sucg a rush to get into the continent, perhaps more who are eager for a place can get it, which I am a bit befuddled how one can not see as a charitable thing to do when there is scarcity, whether you decide to to it or not (which is fully your right and OP never said it wasn't).

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

We all certainly can do whatever we have the ability to do, but then there is the question: what if everyone made the same decision I made? We must behave in a way that if everyone else behaved in the same way, things would still work out. I feel like, unless I'm  missing something, many of you are putting words into the OPs mouth. They aren't saying anything bad about those who DID take a second home (bc you have the right to take as many homes and you have premiums. If 100 people had 5 premium accounts each, then they could very well take a good portion of the continent. It's not dictated per person. It's per premium, and that's fair). They're just putting a For Your Consideration that perhaps if you wait on the 2nd home until there isn't sucg a rush to get into the continent, perhaps more who are eager for a place can get it, which I am a bit befuddled how one can not see as a charitable thing to do when there is scarcity, whether you decide to to it or not (which is fully your right and OP never said it wasn't).

Your post was mostly fine except for the first two sentences, which seem to contradict the rest of the post. "We must behave in a way..."? That's going a bit beyond "For Your Consideration" and into the category of preaching, which is unlikely to convince anyone to do the "charitable thing".

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

For the record, I, for one, do not believe CoffeeDuJour was saying anything bad about anyone. But look at what happened to Abnor Mole here: it's almost impossible to make any suggestion of the sort, or someone, somewhere, will read 'passive-aggressiveness' and/or anything other untoward in it. I was even gonna write that, naturally it goes without saying that giving up one's second home would be a nice gesture, but decided not to do so. Well, Q.E.D, did it anyway, but only to illustrate that one cannot make any such remark, without somewhere, around the globe, someone reading a passive-agressive request into it to give up their home. And honestly, I don't want anyone to experience that kind of pressure. Which is why I said (earlier) that I would prefer if threads like this didn't even existed. But that's just me.

• Like 6

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Your post was mostly fine except for the first two sentences, which seem to contradict the rest of the post. "We must behave in a way..."? That's going a bit beyond "For Your Consideration" and into the category of preaching, which is unlikely to convince anyone to do the "charitable thing".

It's just something to ask yourself when you decide to get a 2nd home. What if everyone had 2 accounts and did the same? 

You can do whatever. I'm not sure it would stop me from getting a 2nd home if I had 2 premiums. 

I'm just saying towards the people whos thought process is : "Well, not many people are going to do this, so if I do it it's fine." That's a risky way to go about your thought process. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

It's just something to ask yourself when you decide to get a 2nd home. What if everyone had 2 accounts and did the same? 

You can do whatever. I'm not sure it would stop me from getting a 2nd home if I had 2 premiums. 

I'm just saying towards the people whos thought process is : "Well, not many people are going to do this, so if I do it it's fine." That's a risky way to go about your thought process. 

Thanks for the permission. :)

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Thanks for the permission. :)

"you can do whatever" is not permission. It's a given. 

I just add it because people like to really put words in peoples mouths here. If I clarified less, I'd have double the number of people taking issue. 

As a person who does indeed have two homes, perhaps I would be better served to stay out of this thread, but when have I ever been able to stay out of anything?!

Perhaps if I weren't making content for both of these types of homes I might be more inclined to give up one of my parcels, but that's not the case so I will be keeping both of mine. I can understand why some would make a suggestion that those who have more than one premium account consider only using one of the accounts to get a new home, but I also think that's something anyone with multiple accounts considered before they got two or more parcels. So I don't see the suggestion as saying  .... hey, did you think about the fact that others are waiting and why don't you give up one of your parcels... and more of a ... you are using more than your fair share if you keep more than one parcel considering the current situation suggestion. However well intended the people saying this might be, their suggestions simply will not come off as anything more than an attempt at applying pressure to those with more than one parcel to relinquish the "extras."

As for the suggestion that it's all for the sake of building community, I don't think you have to actually own a parcel in Bellisseria to be part of the community. We see in numerous posts of people who have been waiting to get their own home coming to Bellissaria and partaking in the community activities, joining Bellisseria groups, and getting to know people here before they got their home. So being part of the community is not dependent on having a parcel really. I totally sympathize with those waiting to get their own little piece of land in Bellisseria. I wish Linden Lab could get these out faster so that everyone could get a home as quickly as they'd like, but we know that the moles and Lindens are working as hard and as fast as they possibly can, so that's not going to happen because they would have had to complete everything yesterday for everyone to be satisfied. 

I do love how some have opened up their homes to the community as hang out places or rez zones. I love how the community is active and that you can be a part of it even if you are homeless or call another continent home.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

I surprised that people needin multiple homes just so they can "decorate each one different". Maybe use all that tier allowance from the extra accounts to go fool around on mainland if it all about the cushions and the chairs.

Where did anyone say that is what they are doing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chronometria said:

I surprised that people needin multiple homes just so they can "decorate each one different". Maybe use all that tier allowance from the extra accounts to go fool around on mainland if it all about the cushions and the chairs.

Blush is creating content specifically, I believe for different homes... so that is why she is decorating them differently.  It's not just all about cushions and chairs.

I am sure she will correct me if I assume incorrectly

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

As a person who does indeed have two homes, perhaps I would be better served to stay out of this thread,

why would you stay out?... it's absurd to call for giving up your right on your home. Every account that is premium has right on trying to get a premium home. No TOS or any other guideline is against that. period. dot. final. ( unless LL changes rules of course, but that will bring people to downgrade their alts again)
It's of nobodies business if you hold a house or boat, or both, occupied with one or more paying accounts.

We'r almost a week further in time and some still can't get over it.... it's normal to have some complaints about things sometimes, but by now all arguments have passed dozens of times and now only whining is left.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.