Second Life is down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

Well, first of all, that was an announced time frame for maintenance, not an outage. There has been no announced time frame for the outage. 

Second, I have a bit more faith in LL than that. LL is not perfect. Sometimes they get things wrong. And, yes, sometimes things like maintenance take longer than expected. But by and large they do really well at keeping up a product that uses old infrastructure to support all manner of custom designed product created by a bunch of people who are, mostly, not pros. I think that's pretty amazing. I'm confident that they will get this fixed and I won't be a bit surprised if it is sooner than expected. Sometimes they do that too. 

And with that, I am off to get some sleep. Thank you, @Tommy Linden, @Grumpity Linden, and @Wulf Linden for participating in this thread and thank you to all for the entertaining comments. If I end up laying in bed staring at my ipad I'll probably end up looking at this thread. Otherwise, see everyone tomorrow. 

We are happy to be here to do what we can, Second Life means as much to us, as it does to all of you.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

Well, first of all, that was an announced time frame for maintenance, not an outage. There has been no announced time frame for the outage. 

Second, I have a bit more faith in LL than that. LL is not perfect. Sometimes they get things wrong. And, yes, sometimes things like maintenance take longer than expected. But by and large they do really well at keeping up a product that uses old infrastructure to support all manner of custom designed product created by a bunch of people who are, mostly, not pros. I think that's pretty amazing. I'm confident that they will get this fixed and I won't be a bit surprised if it is sooner than expected. Sometimes they do that too. 

And with that, I am off to get some sleep. Thank you, @Tommy Linden, @Grumpity Linden, and @Wulf Linden for participating in this thread and thank you to all for the entertaining comments. If I end up laying in bed staring at my ipad I'll probably end up looking at this thread. Otherwise, see everyone tomorrow. 

Sweet dreams. : )

11 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

We are happy to be here to do what we can, Second Life means as much to us, as it does to all of you.

Thank you for the hard work all of you do in maintaining such a beautiful and amazing world for all of us!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can't complain about anybodies work performance this week. Used that card up yesterday, as I poked myself in the eye with a cardboard folder at the office, which resulted in me being "out of order" for two days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

I am going to head off and dream of coffee and Residents happily logging into Second Life! I am sure I will be seeing many of you in Second Life again very soon! Thanks for the fun tonight folks and allowing me to spend some of our down time here on the forums with all of you!

• Like 9

Yw! No complaining about the amount of pink I wear when you see me xD

1 minute ago, Tommy Linden said:

I am going to head off and dream of coffee and Residents happily logging into Second Life! I am sure I will be seeing many of you in Second Life again very soon! Thanks for the fun tonight folks and allowing me to spend some of our down time here on the forums with all of you!

5 minutes ago, animats said:

"Grid status: Online | In-world: 16 | SL Time 1:16 AM "

Probably all of them using the last name "Linden"  :)
I imaging them walking around in the postapocalyptic world, once called SL. Being hunted by animesh zombies...

Edited by Resi Pfeffer

9 minutes ago, CrystalFragments said:

I think the party is finally winding down xD

Yet the world goes on without us. The Yava pods will be running. My animesh NPCs are walking around and waiting for visitors, I expect. Breedables are aging. Plants are growing. The wind changes, and wind socks and weathervanes respond. Ferris wheels still turn. Ships sail off Jeoghot. The ferry goes from Sansara to Heterocera and back. The prim drilling rig in the ANWR channel will be making prims. The trains of the SLRR continue to run. They don't need us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, animats said:

Yet the world goes on without us. The Yava pods will be running. My animesh NPCs are walking around and waiting for visitors, I expect. Breedables are aging. Plants are growing. The wind changes, and wind socks and weathervanes respond. Ferris wheels still turn. Ships sail off Jeoghot. The ferry goes from Sansara to Heterocera and back. The prim drilling rig in the ANWR channel will be making prims. The trains of the SLRR continue to run. They don't need us.

That's depressing. And, I was on a yavascript pod tour when this happened! 

Just now, animats said:

Oh god its like the documentary world after humans left accept SL edition 😨

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Female Winslet said:

Full list of all that is down here: 

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Scroll down a bit to near the bottom. Basically it's most things that are down. However, you can still buy Lindens! That part works!

XD Nope. I tried buying Linden and that's how I found out the grid was down when it said NOPE and kicked me. I feel it was divine intervention. lol

5 minutes ago, animats said:

beautiful wild world..untouched by the hand of a resident

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.