Second Life is down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Tommy Linden said:

It's a lot like watching a boiling pot of water isn't it?

That being said, we are terribly sorry that we currently have logins disabled. Rest assured we have our best Lindens hard at work on it right now though! Our goal is always to avoid down time for our Resident's as we understand how frustrating it can be. 

It's actually kinda fun, actually. I'm a total information sponge. I am enjoying taking in info from here and a bazillion other sources at the same time about what's going on. Of course, I'd rather it be up and working, but there are alternate forums of fun. Like catnip. Or chasing deer, ibex, rabbits, and many other critters. Or knocking things off of edges.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

It's a lot like watching a boiling pot of water isn't it?

That being said, we are terribly sorry that we currently have logins disabled. Rest assured we have our best Lindens hard at work on it right now though! Our goal is always to avoid down time for our Resident's as we understand how frustrating it can be. 

giphy.gif&f=1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Wulf Linden said:

Hey there,

There's a team of people working to fix this as soon as possible.  I'm doing my part as well.  We won't sleep until you can log in.    

Back to work for me!  See you in world soon!

I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work and understand that this a complex product that is subject to hiccups. Thank you for your hard work on this. We look forward to finding out what kinds of nifty coolness await once it's all over. 

In the meantime, maybe there are things we users can do. I did see a thread started by someone who must have been relatively new who had uninstalled and reinstalled Firestorm because of being unable to login. Maybe while we are all entertaining ourselves on this thread while we wait for SL to come back, we could also keep an eye out for people like that and help them out by letting them know what's going on?

Anything else useful we can do, Lindens please let us know.

In the meantime, I'm going to be amused by looking at the profile image under a Linden and seeing "newbie." 🙂

Edited by Female Winslet
Darn typos
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wulf Linden said:

Hey there,

There's a team of people working to fix this as soon as possible.  I'm doing my part as well.  We won't sleep until you can log in.    

Back to work for me!  See you in world soon!

We appreciate it. Thank you. ❤️

Edited by Myra Wildmist

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work and understand that this a complex product that is subject to hiccups. Thank you for your hard work on this. We look forward to finding out what kinds of nifty coolness await once it's all over. 

In the meantime, maybe there are things we users can do. I did see a thread started by someone who must have been relatively new who had uninstalled and reinstalled Firestorm because of being unable to login. Maybe while we all entertain on this thread while we wait for SL to come back, we could also keep an eye out for people like that and help them out by letting them know what's going on?

In the meantime, I'm going to be abused by looking at the profile image under a Linden and seeing "newbie." 🙂

There are things you can do! You can point them to this lovely thread, or this one Network Maintenance or our Status Grid (this is a great resource for all new people to have!) and even to our Twitter and Facebook page as well. All great places to find out what is going on with Second Life.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Female Winslet said:

In the meantime, maybe there are things we users can do. I did see a thread started by someone who must have been relatively new who had uninstalled and reinstalled Firestorm because of being unable to login. Maybe while we all entertain on this thread while we wait for SL to come back, we could also keep an eye out for people like that and help them out by letting them know what's going on?

Letting others know we are working hard to resolve this is extremely helpful.  Share the status page with people you see on the forums running into difficulties to save them some headaches.  This page will be updated regularly when new information is available.  

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

• Like 5

• Administrators
Just now, CrystalFragments said:

alright I gotta go pee! So now would be the perfect time to let people in and for me to miss it! xD

All part of the master plan! Just like when you are waiting for a knock on the door, or a phone call.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

About the only thing that is still up is the forum. Some maintenance they're running this week. You guys ready for the grid to be mostly down for next 3 or 4 days? Hope so, because now all the new(er) people will find out what it was really like back in the day. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I wonder if when we can log back in (and stay in) will our hair and shoes be stuck up our butts again. 

Man, when LL effs up, they really eff up.

Whistling.gif.b08115b46d941e46c2e9dc64403f9ddf.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.