-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Every time I make a bathroom, I do it different. I like white tiles and light colors, so no I went with Robin Blue and dark.

Gorgeous color combo. Every post you make, Marianne, I'm over here wondering  "how is she so talented?!"

• Thanks 1

I'll stop after this post, I promise. This part is like a showboat, or a glamboat. A new wall hides a small window.

shady corner_010edshady corner_001edshady corner_016ed

I don't know if you can see it, but I built new steps over the original ones. I also raised the bathroom a bit. The roof is also lower inside.

Where you turn left and look down from the entrance.

Wiew from the entrance, Windlass

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Every time I make a bathroom, I do it different. I like white tiles and light colors, so no I went with Robin Blue and dark.

You can see how the bathroom cube is built, it is the wall behind the refridgerator. It has a sliding door in smoke glass.

shady corner_019ed

The toilet has its own nook. It is a large room. I don't feel that I am suffocating in it.

RobinBlue Bathroom

The bathroom is great, but I really like the kitchen too.  Who created the kitchen grouping if you do not mind my asking.  I have finished decorating, but seeing everyone's pictures makes me itch to redecorate.  Haha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Patti Peregrine said:

The bathroom is great, but I really like the kitchen too.  Who created the kitchen grouping if you do not mind my asking.  I have finished decorating, but seeing everyone's pictures makes me itch to redecorate.  Haha.

It's in this round of Fameshed. If Fameshed is over, it's in Hive mainstore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

How it looks from the outside. I thought I should have an upper deck on the roof, but decided to rez my sailboat instead. I have only 12 LI left now, so it is not going to be a swimmingpool. I like the diveboard and the ladder. It has "climb up" animation.

shady corner_021ed

Excellent, really lovely and imaginative; I love the colorful bathroom!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

How it looks from the outside. I thought I should have an upper deck on the roof, but decided to rez my sailboat instead. I have only 12 LI left now, so it is not going to be a swimmingpool. I like the diveboard and the ladder. It has "climb up" animation.

shady corner_021ed

I own the plot out to the pier where the white sailboat is.

Front view:

shady corner_020ed

How it looks from my side. It is a nice place, but so laggy since it's packed with boats.

shady corner_008ed

I abandoned the other boat and tried to get a 32 x 32 in the Pickle, but it was impossible. I had to stop here in Old Bellisseria. I like this plot because the other boat was in a row.

Decorating the Windlass

"Old Bellisseria"? Oh my...Lovely work.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, RuffertasAlt said:

"Old Bellisseria"? Oh my...Lovely work.

It's all Bellisseria, I know. 4 weeks is enough for it to be "Old Bellisseria" and "Pickle"?.

What do you all say when you talk about it? Only Bellisseria?

The Pickle is an island for boats only.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Ooh I love that! The dark timber and plants really work.

Thanks Raspberry!♥ I think I gravitate toward a darker palette because I find it more breathable and calming on the eye. Light and bright colours, tend to make me do that squint you do when the sun is in your eye. 😄

• Like 1

Yesterday I spent hours to make a swimming platform for my "brother"s houseboat and equipping it with lots of lovely animations. Most of those - plus the board and ladder - I took out of the kidney pool by Pixel Mode which I had bought in the sale. That is the reason I cannot sell the platform on MP or even give it away for free  (no trans). But I ivite everyone who feels like a good swim, or sunbathe or YOGA to enjoy :

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sea of Ruby/62/31/22

image.thumb.jpeg.214ae2b0128bfc7717c09e637ad6fe65.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.68ca3c0fa7b710e2e30a44ee05099931.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8254d4d5563cddda0a34bd08adaa2ee6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7f2e0142428c6c2da22f2f85f27b55de.jpeg

You cannot only lay in the sun, sit on the edge or dive (foreward backward or salto) , swim, tread water and float but also hang in the water, work your legs or whatever you could wish to do in a RL pool, plus on the board do YOGA. Feel free to enter the house and use it as if it where your's .... especially between 2pm and midnight SLT (when I sleep RL) ;)

PS: two of the animation Prims are invisible (one next to the fern and one between ladder and board - the best one) just move your mouse till you see a little chair. --- You can also sit on the deckchairs, read a book, have a glas of wine and enjoy the evening breeze - and the sound of the waves!

image.thumb.jpeg.1236f8888202b0e4c2a52ba311d47f45.jpeg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 12

53 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Yesterday I spent hours to make a swimming platform for my "brother"s houseboat and equipping it with lots of lovely animations. Most of those - plus the board and ladder - I took out of the kidney pool by Pixel Mode which I had bought in the sale. That is the reason I cannot sell the platform on MP or even give it away for free  (no trans). But I ivite everyone who feels like a good swim, or sunbathe or YOGA to enjoy :

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sea of Ruby/62/31/22

image.thumb.jpeg.214ae2b0128bfc7717c09e637ad6fe65.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.68ca3c0fa7b710e2e30a44ee05099931.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8254d4d5563cddda0a34bd08adaa2ee6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7f2e0142428c6c2da22f2f85f27b55de.jpeg

You cannot only lay in the sun, sit on the edge or dive (foreward backward or salto) , swim, tread water and float but also hang in the water, work your legs or whatever you could wish to do in a RL pool, plus on the board do YOGA. Feel free to enter the house and use it as if it where your's .... especially between 2pm and midnight SLT (when I sleep RL) ;)

PS: two of the animation Prims are invisible one next to the fern and one between ladder and board (the best one) - just move your mouse till you see a little chair.

I think I will try this boat version next time. Personally, I like this small deck better than the large pools. More intimate, but that's the wonderful thing, the variation is so wonderful to see. I notice that there is no boat that takes over in popularity, like the Winchester did with houses.

You have all 4 in the top picture! 😁

Edited by Marianne Little
added the last sentence

3 hours ago, Ava Maddux said:

Hi everyone! 😊

As you can see, I'm not usually one for posting on the forums but I'm having such a great time with my new houseboat, that I wanted to share! ♥

OP - Dock Look In.jpg

OP - Dock Lookout.jpg

OP - Full View.jpg

OP - Kitchen.jpg

OP - Upper Lounge.jpg

OP - View Out.jpg

Oh wow, where to begin, it is so lovely. I almost bought that kitchen, I already have the other one from Roost. And that view, to die for.

Is the pool custom built for the houseboats? It looks very professional. If I should have a big pool, this is what I would pick.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I think I will try this boat version next time. Personally, I like this small deck better than the large pools. More intimate, but that's the wonderful thing, the variation is so wonderful to see. I notice that there is no boat that takes over in popularity, like the Winchester did with houses.

Which boat do you use? This is the Evening Star with the Addon by @Blush Bravin I also tested the Barnacle with two different addons but then went back to the Evening Star. I think the biggest (for my taste only) advantage of houseboats over houses is that you can have this kind of swimming platform - instead of squeezing in a pool in the garden without being able to terraform it into the ground.

7 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh wow, where to begin, it is so lovely. I almost bought that kitchen, I already have the other one from Roost. And that view, to die for.

Is the pool custom built for the houseboats? It looks very professional. If I should have a big pool, this is what I would pick.

Hi Marianne! 😊 Thank you! The view is probably my favourite part, I was so fortunate to get that spot.

The dock with the pool cut-out is actually quite small, if you look at my second image, the dock doesn't even reach halfway along the length of my water space. I made the dock myself, using default prims. As much as I love all the gorgeous mesh docks on offer, I'm prim stingy and was able to build that with a land impact of 4LI, by changing the default prims to convex hull. I used the LH textures that came in our Content Creation Packs and just made materials for it, to make it look posher than it really is. 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Which boat do you use? This is the Evening Star with the Addon by @Blush Bravin I also tested the Barnacle with two different addons but then went back to the Evening Star. I think the biggest (for my taste only) advantage of houseboats over houses is that you can have this kind of swimming platform - instead of squeezing in a pool in the garden without being able to terraform it into the ground.

I use the Windlass now. Both it and Evening Star has doors in front. I love it, to be able to walk straight out on the deck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I use the Windlass now. Both it and Evening Star has doors in front. I love it, to be able to walk straight out on the deck.

One thing I do not like about the evening star is that you cannot get to the upper deck without just zooming and sitting on the chairs I put there. There is a ladder on the side of the houseboat. It even has a ladder- climbing animation. But when you sit on that you climb and end up hanging like a monkey on the ladder just a bit UNDER the upper deck without any elegant way to get ONTO that deck. Or did I just miss the trick to do it?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

One thing I do not like about the evening star is that you cannot get to the upper deck without just zooming and sitting on the chairs I put there. There is a ladder on the side of the houseboat. It even has a ladder- climbing animation. But when you sit on that you climb and end up hanging like a monkey on the ladder just a bit UNDER the upper deck without any elegant way to get ONTO that deck. Or did I just miss the trick to do it?

Ask Blush. If someone know it, it must be her.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.