TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Getting a perfect neck seam is impossible with the standard skin of the Legacy body and another skin on a mesh head, but to fair, this is probably the best neck seam result I have seen in this kind of situation. Now I'm waiting for skin designers to come p with an applier for the body. L$ 5000 definitely for a male mesh body definitely is lot in the SL realm. We'll see whether it'll work out for TMP of if they'll have to bring the price down. Surprisingly I've already seen some clothing items with a Legacy size included.

https://billybeaverhausen.com/2019/07/13/whats-eating-tmp-15/

48268232897_9827f78a59_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Gobilly said:

Now I'm waiting for skin designers to come p with an applier for the body

It is not work for seamless neck, at least, Glam Affairs applier for female  Lelutka head and Legacy body. It even worst than original skin. It look like head and body are making of different materials, such as leather and metal. I tired different combination body effect, just never can match.

Edited by Milissa Rossini
  • Like 1

I honestly really don't see a point for me buying it, yes I stupidly bought into in the past. That is my fault, not the companies. I just like my current bodies as is, I don't want virtual realism, in a world full of pixels. I just want to be me, and if that means, I would rather sacrifice realism for essentially non realism. Which in all reality, that is a marketing gimmick, you can't have realism in a game or any digital or virtually rendered world. You can have near realism, but you are never gonna achieve realism. That and with LL's current graphics engine, that won't be happening anytime soon. I enjoy my Belleza bods, I love the skins I own, and I really love what I look like. It took me over a year to achieve this perfect look, I don't want to take over a year again to get another perfect look.

• Like 1

I've had TMP in the past didn't like it.  Plus I heard they aren't planning on making the legacy body omega compatible. That's an absolute  no for me.. I'm actually quite happy with maitreya , belleza and slink. You wanna spend 5,000L for that body. Be my guess.. you do what you want with your linden. 

Edited by Minx Kurosawa

Since this thread is still active, gonna leave here my opinion of it this far:

So, as a super happy Legacy user so far I can confirm a few things.

Deformers are bs, almost none of my Maitreya clothes fit. And I'm talking clothes from big stores, not no names. Don't bother with deformers, it just won't work.

So I have waited until big stores started supporting it, 5k is nowhere near a big deal for me, so I kept it in my inventory because the perfectionist in me couldn't stand not having clothes fit perfectly.

Now that there's a ton of clothes for it, I'm literally addicted, lol. For me, this body out of all the bodies was the only one that was able to give me the body shape I desired.

And since I normally wear chokers on absolutely any outfit by choice, I didn't even bother with skins. I tinted the default Legacy skin to somewhat match my Amara Beauty skin and it works fine for me. 

I did however buy the Revoul skins and noes, do not buy skins for this body as they apply on Layer 2, which means on top of the Materials layer and... I'm not willing to sacrifice that just to get rid of the neck seam, more than happy to wear chokers. 

This body has the best physics I have ever seen - that's a massive advantage for me. Now that SlackGirl updated her nails, the extremely long stiletto addict in me (lol) is super happy with the hands too.

Yes, there are cracks in the body (super visible if you have a 4k screen), but it's not like I'm going to zoom in on my body for the entirety of my SL experience, so I nevermind it for now.

Support was extra friendly for me and they got back to me in like not even 10 mins after I've spammed them with my tons of questions and they idk vibed with me. 10/10 to CSR from me

Bottom line - if you don't care about the cracks and neck seams and the fact that it one day might just be obsolete, go with it. It's a nice experience.

For me, this body and the TMP can die any day, I'll just switch back to any other body, no issue. (again, this is only my experience, everybody has different views.)

I'd give it a 3/5 rating but still wear it daily until it fades into nothingness. lol

Edited by ErukaVonD
typo frenzy. lol
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ErukaVonD said:

Since this thread is still active, gonna leave here my opinion of it this far:

So, as a super happy Legacy user so far I can confirm a few things.

Deformers are bs, almost none of my Maitreya clothes fit. And I'm talking clothes from big stores, not no names. Don't bother with deformers, it just won't work.

So I have waited until big stores started supporting it, 5k is nowhere near a big deal for me, so I kept it in my inventory because the perfectionist in me couldn't stand not having clothes fit perfectly.

Now that there's a ton of clothes for it, I'm literally addicted, lol. For me, this body out of all the bodies was the only one that was able to give me the body shape I desired.

And since I normally wear chokers on absolutely any outfit by choice, I didn't even bother with skins. I tinted the default Legacy skin to somewhat match my Amara Beauty skin and it works fine for me. 

I did however buy the Revoul skins and noes, do not buy skins for this body as they apply on Layer 2, which means on top of the Materials layer and... I'm not willing to sacrifice that just to get rid of the neck seam, more than happy to wear chokers. 

This body has the best physics I have ever seen - that's a massive advantage for me. Now that SlackGirl updated her nails, the extremely long stiletto addict in me (lol) is super happy with the hands too.

Yes, there are cracks in the body (super visible if you have a 4k screen), but it's not like I'm going to zoom in on my body for the entirety of my SL experience, so I nevermind it for now.

Support was extra friendly for me and they got back to me in like not even 10 mins after I've spammed them with my tons of questions and they idk vibed with me. 10/10 to CSR from me

Bottom line - if you don't care about the cracks and neck seams and the fact that it one day might just be obsolete, go with it. It's a nice experience.

For me, this body and the TMP can die any day, I'll just switch back to any other body, no issue. (again, this is only my experience, everybody has different views.)

I'd give it a 3/5 rating but still wear it daily until it fades into nothingness. lol

I like the fact, that an actual owner of the new TMP body. Gave  an honest review, you see a lot of people who own it, pretty much kiss the butt of the creators and tell us in the same sentence that we are cheap, or some other thing about the body. But you, I actually liked reading an honest review of it. Won't buy it still, but huge respect that you actually stated all the pros and cons, and that you said if it were to go obsolete, that you would go back to your old bodies. Why can't there be more people like you in world?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I like the fact, that an actual owner of the new TMP body. Gave  an honest review, you see a lot of people who own it, pretty much kiss the butt of the creators and tell us in the same sentence that we are cheap, or some other thing about the body. But you, I actually liked reading an honest review of it. Won't buy it still, but huge respect that you actually stated all the pros and cons, and that you said if it were to go obsolete, that you would go back to your old bodies. Why can't there be more people like you in world?

Agreed. It’s nice to read a positive(ish) and honest review from someone who is not an obvious company shill. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

blushes excessively

Thank ya.

I mean, it's just pixels, buy it or leave it lol. 

"what if their servers die?" lol, well you enjoyed it while it lasted, now go get distracted by more cutesy pixels :D

58 minutes ago, ErukaVonD said:

blushes excessively

Thank ya.

I mean, it's just pixels, buy it or leave it lol. 

"what if their servers die?" lol, well you enjoyed it while it lasted, now go get distracted by more cutesy pixels :D

You have a good point, but if you had seen some of the posts literally worshipping the body. You would see what I mean. But it's nice to read that, when you wake up, and see someone not kissing butt to the Shops, and give an honest opinion on the body. There needs to be more people like you.

• Like 1

Just now, halebore Aeon said:

You have a good point, but if you had seen some of the posts literally worshipping the body. You would see what I mean. But it's nice to read that, when you wake up, and see someone not kissing butt to the Shops, and give an honest opinion on the body. There needs to be more people like you.

feelings of appreciation increased

On a side note, that's exactly what made me post it. Too much tension going around ^^ 

13 minutes ago, ErukaVonD said:

feelings of appreciation increased

On a side note, that's exactly what made me post it. Too much tension going around ^^ 

I get the fact that people love their new Legacy body, but when you need to insult someone, and call them cheap or stingy. Just for keeping the body they enjoy, and basically trying to make us feel bad and like we are missing out on something. Then I have a problem. Sure, the body is best for these people. But it may not be the best for others.

I got the body, I like it, I never had TMP before but Ooo new and shiny lol, there are some nice clothes for it, my favorite being a shorts and shirt combo from darkfire and a bathing suit from collabor88, I have had issues with the body disappearing on me and people not being able to see it o.O  also there are not a lot of skin options yet, but in think it is nice and I do hope they continue to work on it. The deformers don't work really well, there is clipping with  clothes and they only seem to work with certain ones, i can wear maitreya clothes almost perfectly Also, if you can spend 5000 on a head, why not a body? Sorry, just some feedback

1 hour ago, VioletSunflower037 said:

Also, if you can spend 5000 on a head, why not a body? Sorry, just some feedback

Just to answer this one point; the issue isn't raw cost, it's relative cost.

A Catwa head is not twice the price of its competitors. Lelutka, Laq (inc HUD), Genus; they all sell mesh heads for around the same pricepoint. TMP is offering their body at twice the price of Maitreya, Belleza, Slink and Signature. Is the Legacy body twice as good as the alternatives? Absolutely not, even those that prefer the Legacy body would struggle to justify that it's twice as good as the others.

• Like 7

Just now, FireeStonee said:

Did any of you guys notice how some stores replaced isis with legacy?! Am so mad rn

Give them time - they will drop TMP again, not sure they will then take up Isis again though :(

Just vote with your wallet.

• Thanks 2

I went and tried it on because I always have to try on the new things. I loved the shape. I loved the shape of the original version. I think, look wise, it's my favorite. With that said, their store store is still an acid trip. Their body doesn't offer Omega support so none of my favorite skins could be worn seamlessly. There were deformers offered in the demo and they did work satisfactory. I thought the alpha slices were not sufficient. I dislike having to enable media to use their HuD. I never have media enabled. The HuD is slow.

I'm frustrated that they have a body that is so close to being what people might invest in, but they insist on shooting themselves in the face by continuing with a store that the majority of shoppers dislike, an applier system that makes both creators and consumers apprehensive, failing to offer Omega support and then overpricing it to top it off. It all comes off as an enormous ego trip in my eyes and I don't think I can justify the waste of lindens on it (although I was tempted).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2019 at 3:47 AM, VioletSunflower037 said:

I got the body, I like it, I never had TMP before but Ooo new and shiny lol, there are some nice clothes for it, my favorite being a shorts and shirt combo from darkfire and a bathing suit from collabor88, I have had issues with the body disappearing on me and people not being able to see it o.O  also there are not a lot of skin options yet, but in think it is nice and I do hope they continue to work on it. The deformers don't work really well, there is clipping with  clothes and they only seem to work with certain ones, i can wear maitreya clothes almost perfectly Also, if you can spend 5000 on a head, why not a body? Sorry, just some feedback

I bought catwa a long while ago when it was only 3,000L. The prices went up recently.. so yea.... I haven't bought catwa since the prices went up.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa

37 minutes ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

I bought catwa a long while ago when it was only 3,000L. The prices went up recently.. so yea.... I haven't bought catwa since the prices went up.

I bought the Genus head during second round of beta. It was 3500L. But you really can't compare body prices to head prices. The point is, on average bodies go for anywhere around 2500L. So why pay 2500L more, and have less items than say the bodies that have been around longer, and have way more support in the way of creators? That is just beyond me. A lot of people said the deformers were a big selling point for the body, or that the body was the best on the market for shape and skin. Which calling something the best is very subjective. What one may think as the best, the others may not and vice versa. It's just like people who argue that Catwa is the best head on the market. Again that is subjective. But back to what I was saying. For it's cost, and the whole experience that is right in your face and on your screen. Which is gaudy, mind you. It's not worth the price to buy a new body, that is double that of what the rest of the bodies go for.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.